140-Denied in Dec2001
Motion to reconsider in Jan2002
Waited for 2 months.
Re-applied for 140 in Apr 2002
Received Apr 10.
140 Approved Oct 16.
Waiting to get the approval letter.

Hi KK531

For what reason your 1st I-140 got rejected?
As I am exactly the same boat as you are.you reply to this will shed some light on my pending I-140 case.

The RFE was on educational evaluation and Progressive expereince. The officer failed to recognize that my B.E is equivalent to B.S in USA. So it was denied. I immediately submitted a Motion to Reconsider but nothing happened. After 60 days, I re-applied for 140. This time I backed up my case with more evaluations.

April/May Pending cases

Friends,

Any body has any idea how long April/May cases will take to process.I guess its same story here like labor cetficiation which
took one year for me and its gonna be one year for I-140 too.

Any body has any idea .maybe its going to take >1 year .

:confused:

May be less than 1 year

Dude,

I hope we will all get it in less than a year ..... May be once we all get it , it might become current.
The Irony is People who are in real need won't get it in time - suffer because of delays and RFE's. Let us pray that INS gives 140 approval as Diwali bonus !!!:D

Meow_Meow!

All I can do is laugh and say "Ha, Ha" for the "Diwali Bonus" thing! I sure do hope it comes true!

Guys,
I dont understand one thing. Since you all are saying you have already received the Approval Notice and INS is still showing that they are processing Feb 22. I also had in April and I did call from all your replies and they told me they are processing end of Feb. Can you please throw some light on it.

Any EAD approvals with RD in Sep....

Did any one who filed EAD during the last week of September got approval? Please post details....

My EAD RD is 09/25/02......... Pending

May 23'rd I-140 approved!!!

Finally the approval of I-140 has become a reality....
Sure guys, it's worth a wait... as when it comes, happens in disguise...
Was surprised to find my case approved while checking the INS web-site...just called the AVM number to make (just in case, u know ;-))...

Wish you all good luck....

Cheers,
BijGC

Re: Any EAD approvals with RD in Sep....

My EAD RD : 09/26, ND 10/07 Still waiting.......

we may get next week . Good luck

shall we take EAD Card from Local INS office?

Congrats BijGC

Hi BijGC,
Congrats on ur 140 approval. What is your catagory..I mean is it EB2(Masters) or EB2(B+5) or EB3..

EAD from local office..

We can apply and get EAD from the local INS office (I am not sure other places, but it is possible in Boston) on the same day or within a couple of days, with 485 receipt. Without knowing this, I applied through the ATTORNEY and she didn't tell me that i can get it from the Boston office! I get everything late!

meow_meow,

don't be sad. can you go to local BOS INS now to get one interim EAD? I'm in a similar situation as you. I don't know should I file EAD to VSC, then go to local get an interim EAD or file 485 only to VSC, then go to local get a formal EAD? dipeshmodi suppose to try as the first case this week, haven't got his reply yet. do you know phone number of local INS in charge of EAD issue? Let's find out which case is suitable in local INS!

x admin

I-140 details...

Here are my details:
I-140:
Category: EB-3
RD: 05/21/2002
ND: 05/23/2002
AD: 10/20/2002

EAD:
RD: 08/26/2002
ND: 09/06/2002
AD: 09/24/2002

AP:
AD: 09/25/2002

485:
PD: 11/12/2000 (Labor application Date)
AD: Pending approval

Hope this helps.
Cheers,

BijGC

EAD From Local INS Office

I applied EAD from VSC ,

RD : 09/26 , ND : 10/07

Shall I take from Local INS office (Houston, TX).
Is it ok xerox(Fax) receipt or shall I take original ?
give me any idea for this . thanks for advance..