April/May I140 Pending Cases

India-USA.........

First option:--
If you apply for EAD by sending application to VSC, then you can get the EAD only from them ; you can't show the EAD receipt and get the card from the local office.
Second option:--
You can submit a 765 filled-in form with 485 receipt and fee in the local office and get an EAD.
I think one of the member in this forum filed EAD with VSC, but didn't get the EAD in time and was trying to freshly file an EAD from local office...

Correct me, if something is wrong in my statement....

Question for masters & Congratulation BIJGC for May 23 Approval

Can I ask you if you have applied the concurrent thing or not Also that is in VSC and EB3 category.
please post your concurrent situation if you applied before the approval of I140.
I140 details
Mine is May30:RD
EB3
VSC
Concurrent Details:
MD: 10-01-02
RD: 10-02-02
Got FP notice for 12-03-02
Did not get any other reciepts I mean 131, 765, 485 . I hope it is a normal thing/ procedure
hoping to get it some time soon. I have already applied concurrent

Last edited by a moderator:
meow_meow,

I have question about your first statement:
where did you learn that you can't get EAD from local once you filed EAD to VSC?

One thing for sure is if you don't hear anything from VSC for 90 days after filing EAD, you can go to local get an interim EAD. However, I'm not sure if they could also issue interim EAD before 90 days.

Secondly, if you filed EAD to VSC, how does local INS knows about this? If you present 485 receipt to them, they probably will give you a formal EAD. However, I'm not sure about consequences if VSC issues you the second EAD later.

x admin

x_admin...

What i meant was - filing EAD appln to VSC and approaching local office for the card... I think the local office will ask us to fill the form once again and pay the fee again! I am not sure whether we can file EAD applns twice ........

Please notice the following question from India-USA:

I applied EAD from VSC ,

RD : 09/26 , ND : 10/07

Shall I take from Local INS office (Houston, TX).
Is it ok xerox(Fax) receipt or shall I take original ?
give me any idea for this . thanks for advance..

Re: x_admin...

MEOW_MEOW / X_admin............

Yes, If we didn't get EAD within 90 days then we can go and get from local office. Today i called to INS she asked me, how many days is there in the receipt? It showing that 60-90 days.

Any how thanx for sharing ur valuable info here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Let us hope VSC save us a trip to Local office

Thanks INDIA-USA. RD for EAD is also 09/26.
Let us hope VSC sends the card soon, so that we don't have to make a trip to the local office and wait there with tension.

Re: Question for masters & Congratulation BIJGC for May 23 Approval

Hey Inshope,

Yes, mine is concurrent filing, but using the receipt as I had already filed my I-140 when this option came into being.

You can see the details of dates in my previous posting.

Cheers,
BijGC

Just back from Boston local INS

Just came back from Boston INS local. They don't have phone number for info on EAD :(

Found outs:
1) They have 90 days rule for interim EAD.
2) They'll issue EAD on the same day if you have 485 receipt. I don't think they'll care or know if you filed EAD with VSC or not.

I think I gonna get EAD from them. This might ends up I have two EAD and two A#. Do you guys have idea if having two A# will cause me problem? Thanks,

x admin

Thanks for posting the info X-admin

Wish you good luck!
I have FP appt on Nov 8th at the portland st, office

Re: Thanks for posting the info X-admin

MEOW_MEOW

Finally you got something. I haven't get any thing. Still waiting...........

keep ur updates...........

Re: Question for masters & Congratulation BIJGC for May 23 Approval

BIJGC!
Thanks for the reply, just one more question in 3 parts. When you applied concurrently,
1) Did you recieve the Notice for 765, 131, 485.
2) Did you get all application's one reciepts or 3 distinct reciepts for each application in one envelop.
3) How it took got you to get those reciepts?

My RD for all above 3 applciations is 10-02-02 but I have not recieved the reciepts yet, though I got the FP for Dec, 03-2002. Check was cashed on 10-11-02. I shoud be getting the reciepts right?

I140-EB3
RD 05-30-02

Thanks for your reply in advance.

Substitute labor + 140 question

I have applied I 140 using a substitute labor, can I concurrently file 485 now even though it is substitute labor ?

Re: Substitute labor + 140 question

icemn24 .

I have applied I-140 using a substitute labor on July 10th (RD) ND 07/13 and also I have applied I-485 RD is 09/26 ND : 10/07.

saw rfe case

case eac0218551395 got RFE on 11/15

not my case (but this is 5/09 case); i don't know
anything about it. just type in some numbers and
it gives status.

Recent approvals on Status site (Just killing time to check the statuses)

eac0220153353 This case has been approved. On November 12, 2002 received on May 29, 2002.

eac0220253339 This case has been approved. On November 13, 2002, an approval notice was

eac0220253423 This case has been approved. On November 14, 2002, an approval notice was

eac0220253134 On November 15, 2002, we mailed a notice requesting additional

eac0219253269 This case has been approved. On October 15, 2002, an approval notice was

eac0218353230 This case has been approved. On September 03, 2002, an approval notice was

Yahooooooooooooooooooooooooo

My case has been approved

ND=april 3 , 2002

Good luck to all

MIB2;)

Approved

Just checked the INS online web page. Was pleasantly surprised to see an approval for my I-140 case. :)

Here is my timeline....

I-140: (EB2 - Masters)
MD - 5/20
RD - 5/22
ND - 5/23
AD - 11/21

Good Luck everybody!

---------
Other info....

Concurrent filing with I-140 receipt.

I765/131:
MD - 8/30