April 2005 Cases

Possible Rollback Of EB2 Priority Dates

Hi:

State Department Announces Possible Rollback Of EB2 Priority Dates For India And China in September 2005 :mad: .

Any updates?

Thanks

FP received

Folks,
finally got the FP notice. Look at signature for details. Does this mean my Name Check is done? Also there was an LUD on my I-140 on 07/27, could that possibly mean anything?

140 LUDs

I sent an email enquiry on 7/25, got reply on 8/1 that "we are processing application received as of 04/01/05. Yours will be processed in a months time."
Got LUD on 8/1 (because of the enquiry). But after that, I saw LUDs on 8/2 and 8/3. There is no message change online(still says "we received your application on 4/11....Its taking 270 to 360 days....).
Does this mean they are working on my 140 now? Anyone has such consecutive LUDs without message change?

Thanks

neilgc said:
I sent an email enquiry on 7/25, got reply on 8/1 that "we are processing application received as of 04/01/05. Yours will be processed in a months time."
Got LUD on 8/1 (because of the enquiry). But after that, I saw LUDs on 8/2 and 8/3. There is no message change online(still says "we received your application on 4/11....Its taking 270 to 360 days....).
Does this mean they are working on my 140 now? Anyone has such consecutive LUDs without message change?

Thanks

I had LUD's for an email enquiry for 4 consecutive day's but did not see any progress but it was for I-485. I don't this these LUD's mean much. I think its just how their system works.

hens4rth said:
Folks,
finally got the FP notice. Look at signature for details. Does this mean my Name Check is done? Also there was an LUD on my I-140 on 07/27, could that possibly mean anything?
hens4th, is your category EB2? Looks like EB2 cases are going forward and EB3 cases are stagnant as expected due to visa un-availability.

Possible Rollback Of EB2

Hi:

State Department Announces Possible Rollback Of EB2 Priority Dates For India And China in September 2005 .

Any thoughts or updates?

Thanks

sr1234 said:
Hi:

State Department Announces Possible Rollback Of EB2 Priority Dates For India And China in September 2005 .

Any thoughts or updates?

Thanks

We will come to know in next couple of weeks when the Sept Visa Bulletin will be published..

This hint about Retrogression was given in August Bulletin

EMPLOYMENT VISA AVAILABILITY FOR THE REMAINDER OF FY-2005

Demand for numbers by CIS Offices for adjustment of status cases remains very high. As the end of the fiscal year approaches, it might be necessary to establish an Employment Second preference cut-off date for September to keep visa issuances within the annual numerical limits set by law. If required, such a cut-off date is likely to be limited to the China-mainland born and India chargeability areas.

new processing dates

Hi guys,
CA 140 shows processing of 02May2005. How are April guys doing? I am wishing all you got 140 approved.

Hi,
My 140 got approved. Here is my stat.
---------------------
EB2 CSC RIR
I140/485/131/765 RD 4/28/05
I765/I131 AD 6/7/05
I140 AD 8/3/05
No FP notice yet

Kevlin said:
Hi,
My 140 got approved. Here is my stat.
---------------------
EB2 CSC RIR
I140/485/131/765 RD 4/28/05
I765/I131 AD 6/7/05
I140 AD 8/3/05
No FP notice yet

You got an email or ur Lawyer informed you?

Guys,
I am very excited to share that my 140 got approved yesterday. See signature..
I didn't get any email, but online status changed today to "Approved".
Not sure whether it got triggered due to an email enquiry I made 2 weeks ago..

GC_RD_April said:
You got an email or ur Lawyer informed you?

I did not get any email from CIS although I requested. Also It seems that the update on the CIS system for the approval is delayed (I've been checking changes in my status on CIS system but it was not updated until this week even though my approval date is stamped as 8/3.05).

BTW, do we have any approximate timeline for 485 once you get I140?
1 month? 3 month? 6 month?
Also I did not get the Finger Print notice. Is this normal?

Thanks

Kevlin said:
I did not get any email from CIS although I requested. Also It seems that the update on the CIS system for the approval is delayed (I've been checking changes in my status on CIS system but it was not updated until this week even though my approval date is stamped as 8/3.05).

BTW, do we have any approximate timeline for 485 once you get I140?
1 month? 3 month? 6 month?
Also I did not get the Finger Print notice. Is this normal?

Thanks
Not having FP is normal. Sometime they approve the 485 with FP pending.

Your 485 should be fast as i guess your background check must be complete by now.

Kevlin:

I would strongly recommend that you e-mail the 485 division and inquire about the fingerprint notice. I got a notice only after I e-mailed them. They said they posted my FP notice on the same day as my notice date but neither me nor my lawyer received it. They would not have done a thing and would have assumed that I am just not responding to their notice if I had not inquired. I strongly believe that they never sent me the notice and just misinformed me that it was sent out and lost in the mail.

Please see my stats below.

Priority date: May 2002

I140/I485/EAD/AP RD: 04/14/2005
I140/I485/EAD/AP ND: 04/19/2005

I-485 LUD 04/25/05, 6/20/05*,6/22/05*,6/24/05# ,7/6/05?, 7/14/05*,7/22/05**
I-140 LUD 04/25/05 , 6/22/05*
I-131 LUD 05/31/05, Received on 6/6/05
I-765 LUD 05/19/05, Received on 5/27/05
FP ND: 6/23/05, Received: 6/30/05, Scheduled date: 7/8/05
Early FP: 7/5/05
* LUDs due to inquiry
# FP notice sent out?
**RFE??

When I first got my 140 which took only 2.5 month to process, I was so excited and thought 485 would be as fast. :)

But guess what, I am pretty much giving up hope on that. :(

The process date for 485 has been stopped in Apr 1 for about 2 months. I've heard the name check backlog for FBI is extremely long and its normal to wait at least 1 year to just pass the name check. :confused:

I did get my FP in 1 month after submitting 485 but it doesn't mean anything. By the way, with this tight and slow name check, I suspect they would approve any 485 without FP. :confused:

My guess is, for 485, it should take at least 6 months, if you are lucky. For the majority of us, 1 year should be the right waiting time. However, there are people who submitted in 2002 and still waiting. Its your call. :mad:

santosh_30 said:
Kevlin:

I would strongly recommend that you e-mail the 485 division and inquire about the fingerprint notice. I got a notice only after I e-mailed them. They said they posted my FP notice on the same day as my notice date but neither me nor my lawyer received it. They would not have done a thing and would have assumed that I am just not responding to their notice if I had not inquired. I strongly believe that they never sent me the notice and just misinformed me that it was sent out and lost in the mail.

I agree with Santosh. I sent a email initially and they said exactly what Santosh had mentioned but after not receiving FP even after 3 weeks I email again and got a response saying that FP will only be sent after Name check is cleared. In fact here is the exact reply I got

As long as NAMES are Pending with the FBI, they will not resend Fingerprint
Notices.
This avoids duplicate fingerprints being redone.
I checked and your name is still pending, when that is complete, we will
send
out Fingerprint Notices. I apologize for the incorrect information I
previously
sent

Thank You
James A Williams
Center Adjudication's Officer
Div XII, California Service Center

But after a day after I got this email, looks like they mailed my FP notice. Got my FP done today finally.

hens4rth said:
I agree with Santosh. I sent a email initially and they said exactly what Santosh had mentioned but after not receiving FP even after 3 weeks I email again and got a response saying that FP will only be sent after Name check is cleared. In fact here is the exact reply I got

As long as NAMES are Pending with the FBI, they will not resend Fingerprint
Notices.
This avoids duplicate fingerprints being redone.
I checked and your name is still pending, when that is complete, we will
send
out Fingerprint Notices. I apologize for the incorrect information I
previously
sent

Hens4th:

You must be really SPECIAL for someone from USCIS to have actually apologized to you. I have never seen them do that. On the contrary they are rude and condescending...if they do bother to send you a reply at all. ANyways, as you cn nsee form your experience, even what they apologized for was not the correct informatino. If they were right, they would not have sent the FP notice the next day (unless they got your namecheck done the next day). I have stopped believing what they say and so have stopped hounding them. I will instead concentrate my energies on making an infopass appointment, seeing an immigration officer face-to-face, and asking about my case status. I just got an RFE on my 485 for not having my mothers full name on my birth certificate. I am currently trying to fight the authorities in Bombay and their bureacracy to get that. My parenst have already contacted some of the top political leaders in Bombay to get a new birth certificate with my mothers full name. They are giving me a hard time with that. Hopefully I will get it soon and send the RFE. But at least the silver lining is that the RFE shows that they have at least bothered to touch my 485.

-Santosh