April 2005 Cases

hens4rth said:
GC_RD_April,
I don't understand this, how can my I-140 be approved before others who filed before me while even my I-485 is stuck because of NAME CHECK. I think there is some confusion here. Have you emailed to USCIS regarding your case? I sincerely belive that there is no link between I-140 or FP and NAME CHECK but then again... all I know is USCIS works in their own way... there is hardly anything concrete about what they say and do.
Good luck to you GC_RD_April.

yeh, USCIS makes it own rules at times, check th elink below, many people on same boat.
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=182309

fdfd said:
Maybe what they mean is the process itself takes less than 4 month
99% of the time. But if FBI has a big file of security check requests
untouched for months, who knows how long it will take to get to your file ?

There's something CSC specific here IMHO. CSC used to be the fastest but
now lagging behind other centers since RD of April....

The new processing dates for CSC are out.Dates for I-485 are frozen as expected on April 1st. Surprisingly I-140 dates have not moved as well.They are frozen on may 1st.I happened to read somehwere that FBI is not allocating resources to newer name checks until all the backlog (to which they are currently assigned to and are working on) is cleared completely.

where did you read about the FBI news ? This is almost 4 months with barely a week's progress for 485.

waitinginlimbo1 said:
The new processing dates for CSC are out.Dates for I-485 are frozen as expected on April 1st. Surprisingly I-140 dates have not moved as well.They are frozen on may 1st.I happened to read somehwere that FBI is not allocating resources to newer name checks until all the backlog (to which they are currently assigned to and are working on) is cleared completely.

qwerty1111 said:
where did you read about the FBI news ? This is almost 4 months with barely a week's progress for 485.

I read this on this forum in one of the other service center threads.Some guys who enquired about their cases(which are over 1.5 -2 year old cases) through congressmen had replies sent to them from FBI saying that their cases are actively being worked on and that FBI will not be allocating any new resources to new cases until all the old backlogged cases are cleared.Looks like USCIS is blocked until FBI clears all the backlogged name checks and gets to the newer name checks.

Last edited by a moderator:
But it should be applicable for all rpocessing centers right? only Califrnia service center is not moving. Man this sucks. Same thing happned with labor. I thought it would take just 6 month to go and it took 2 and half years just in DOL all the ay to BEC. Now the USCIS. Ho god help me. help me help me help me. some times i am gettting frustraition. What is wrong with me???????? sorry freinds.........

I feared as much 1 month ago. Check out :

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?p=1219931#post1219931

Why us ? Oh God. Why us ?

tgunukula said:
But it should be applicable for all rpocessing centers right? only Califrnia service center is not moving. Man this sucks. Same thing happned with labor. I thought it would take just 6 month to go and it took 2 and half years just in DOL all the ay to BEC. Now the USCIS. Ho god help me. help me help me help me. some times i am gettting frustraition. What is wrong with me???????? sorry freinds.........

tgunukula said:

I agree. If FBI stopped name checks for new applications,
why TCS is pumping out approvals (140 or 485) for those
with RD's of June July ??

Check out those approvals (RD's of May, June & July) from TSC
and others (except CSC) at immigrationwatch.com.

Last edited by a moderator:
can you find out from lawyers ?

fdfd said:
I agree. If FBI stopped name checks for new applications,
why TCS is pumping out approvals (140 or 485) for those
with RD's of June July ??

Check out those approvals (RD's of May, June & July) from TSC
and others (except CSC) at immigrationwatch.com.

qwerty1111 said:
can you find out from lawyers ?

Well, I don't think I can get much info from our lawyers.
A few months delay is considered very short in GC time, IMO.
They still maintain 3-4 months as possibility for 140+485 at CSC...

Any FP notices?

Folks,

Are there any EB3 category 485 applicants who got FP notice? My attorney
"feels" CSC may be sending out FP notices for EB3 too since Oct is not far off.

thanks.

fdfd said:
Well, I don't think I can get much info from our lawyers.
A few months delay is considered very short in GC time, IMO.
They still maintain 3-4 months as possibility for 140+485 at CSC...

Folks,

so where do we stand now? will our I-140 will be approved or they will wait for 485 date to be current before processing 485. Anyway seems like we are in for a long haul.

Any I-140 approvals for concurrent fillers?

Shashi

What Email Id To Use To Check Status From Uscis?

Here are my details:
I-140, RD 04/01/05, Sub Labor, EB2, concurrent filing, LUD 04/06
I-485, RD 04/01/05, LUD 05/02
I-131, RD 04/01/05, AP received end 05/05
I-765, RD 04/01/05, EAD Cards received in end 06/05
USCIS website shows I-140 processing date of May 02, 2005, but nothing happened in my case. I asked my company to ask the attorney to check with USCIS on phone or mail. But I am not too sure they will oblige. Is there a way I can check it myself? Is there an e-mail id that I can send e-mail to? Please help...BTW there is no movement in my I-485. The processing date is stuck at 04/01/05 since June end.
Any info or help would be appreciated.

earthquake said:
Here are my details:
I-140, RD 04/01/05, Sub Labor, EB2, concurrent filing, LUD 04/06
I-485, RD 04/01/05, LUD 05/02
I-131, RD 04/01/05, AP received end 05/05
I-765, RD 04/01/05, EAD Cards received in end 06/05
USCIS website shows I-140 processing date of May 02, 2005, but nothing happened in my case. I asked my company to ask the attorney to check with USCIS on phone or mail. But I am not too sure they will oblige. Is there a way I can check it myself? Is there an e-mail id that I can send e-mail to? Please help...BTW there is no movement in my I-485. The processing date is stuck at 04/01/05 since June end.
Any info or help would be appreciated.

For 485 inquiries e-mail to

CSC-XII.485@dhs.gov

For I-140 inquiries, e-mail to

CSC-XII.485@dhs.gov

Good luck,

Santosh

I dont understand. THey advertise a date of May 2nd 2005 for I-140 processing and they approve July cases. Where do they recruit these bozos?

Santosh

gp111 said:
Its Typo..

Use CSC-XII.140@dhs.gov for I-140

Thanks GP111 for the info. Would they answer I-140 querry directly to me? Or would they answer to the lawyer? I am not sure if my Company lawyer would help me in this!
Is there a chance that my I-140/I-485 has got stuck because of name check? If it turns out to be that, how can I find that?

do we have to give last 3 years W-2's ???

do we have to give last 3 years W-2's ???

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can someone help me to tell whether is it mandatory to provide last 3 years W-2's

I have 2003 and 2004 with good salary, so i have perfect w-2's and tax filing docs.

But in 2002, not much salary because of the Software slump. so if provide 2002 W-2, it will be a problem beacuse my experince in LC shows that i worked full 2002 where as my 2002 W-2 shows whole amount covers 3 months salary.

Can anyone suggest how to get out of this problem

Thanks
Maveric
RIR/EB2/TX
PD : 02/18/2003
LC Certified : 08/08/2005
LC Received : 09/16/2005

Preparing to file for I140 & 485 in another 3 days

I-140 approval e-mail

All:

Today I received e-mail from USCIS about I-140 approval.

My RD is April 14 2005.

I would like to let everyone know that I think it is VERY important that you keep checking what is happening with your application by e-mailing USCIS periodically (but dont nag them!), especially if the posted date for the processing time is past your RD. I was given various reasons as to why my I-140 was pending. You would not believe this but all of the reasons were irrelevant. I sent a summary e-mail to them pointing out the different reasons I was given and asked them what was true. They said everything for the applicaiton is in place and will be processed in a few days (that was last Friday). And today I got the approval e-mail. I will wait to see the approval notice.

Good luck to the rest who are waiting.

Best regards,

Santosh

Hi! gp111 and Others:

Since dates are retrogated, how about FBI name check clearence for the filed applications and do they going to send the fingerprint notice or else will they wait until the date is current.

Your thoughts really appreciated.

Thanks