APRIL 2001 thread for I-485 Mailers to CSC (from 12/27/2001)

WAC-01-202-xxxx approved on Feb 01

Mail date was 04/15 but RD was 05/16
ND 06/04
FP done on 10/09 but was scheduled for 11/09 at Oakland

Thanks to everybody for there continued support.

How long it takes to get notice by mail? What documents are required to get passport stamped?

Pump, Amburan Thank you.

Can you please tell me what documents are needed for the passport stamping. Also do we have to take the ORIGINAL i-485 & i-140 receipt.
I have the copies, will that be OK. How about Photos ? Can we use same
one used for AP? Thanks.
bwbala

we can stamp at SFO even if SJC is issued - Got from Ciba

Following article is from Ciba
-mrafi

Ciba,

Mt 485 was approved from VSC. I actually wanted to post my data for Plastic Card tracking. I stamped my passport from SFO.

Now the important thing. You might want to post this on the main web page. After stamping the passport, I asked the officer who stamped the passport these questions...

Me: Do we have to stamp in the place where its mentioned in the approval notice?
IIO : No. Not required.
Me: Can a person for whom its mentioned to go to San Jose come here for stamping?
IIO: Sure he or she can. There is no special requirement to come here for stamping.
Me: Then why its so crowded in Sna Jose?
IIO: Because people do not know that they can come here and people do not have money, also a lot of people do not know that there is a INS office in SFO.

I told my friend immediately by cell phone (At 9AM). He immediately started from South San Jose. He got his passsport stamped by 11.30AM. Today one another also go his passport stamped by 9AM. So you might want to post this inof in the web page. People need not wait in the line for a whole night and go through all the troubles. Send me a email if you have any questions.

Thank You

jmp@VSC

ciba\'s note: San Jose folks, please use this alternative sparingly. Don\'t abuse it and crowd up San Francisco office. I should also caution you that there are many cases where SJ folks are turned away by SFO for stamping.

Some experience about passport stamping in SJC

I just did my passport stamping in SJC this past Monday. It certainly wasn\'t a nice experience consider that I spent 5.5 hours there. Though if I was advised about how they work, I\'d still go to the SJC office for the stamping (After all, the SJC office is only 10 mins away from my home). Here\'s what happened:

7:55am - Arrived the INS office (They open @ 7:30am), lined up outside.
9:00am - Got into the building (Still in the line)
9:30am - Got the number (The ticket said the wait time would be about 2 hours 50 mins). Only 4 windows (out of 11) are open. With some 150+ people waiting
11:30am - Only 1 window open
12:00pm - No window was open with 100+ people still waiting (all went for lunch, i guess)
1:20pm - My number was called
1:25pm - Stamping/fingerprinting done in 5 mins!!

So, here\'re my observations:
1. If you can get there early (~7am) you should be able to get out by 10:30am (One of my brother\'s friends was there and she did just that)
2. If you can\'t or if you don\'t want to waste your time there:
   - go there ~10:30am-11am. You\'ll get the number ticket in

you spent 5.5 hours
from 8am to 1=30 pm

but at least that is okay compared to
lining up in the night at unearthly hours like 2 or 3 or 4am in the
morning

No Title

> but at least that is okay compared to
> lining up in the night at unearthly hours like 2 or 3 or 4am in the
> morning

From what I saw on Monday, I won\'t even advise people to go before 7am. Unless you have a fixed working schedule, going there before dawn is just silly, IMO.

No Title

i think it is better to do stamping at wherever it is mentioned unless tyou got approved somewhere and moved to bay area
you never now..there may be issues for plastic cards!! just a conservative approach...

Surprise approval for mrafi and spouse

mrafi & spouse - 485 approved on 02/04/2002. Thanks to the Almighty God.

RD 04/23/01 ND 06/18/01 FP sch and done 11/28/01. AVM channged to only spouse as "Dec6 FP received..under review.." . Then AVM changed for both of us as Famous "Dec29..resumed..". The whole GC process was started on June-2000. EB2 INDIA.

I was surprised after seeing the approval notice of mine and my spouse\'s today in my mailbox. The first reason for the surprise was that I haven\'t checked AVM for the past two days (After seeing the trend I thought that it will be April-May for AD ). Second reason was, that I though INS may not send to my new address since I lost my AP after the address change processes.

Any way,

I will try to go to INS-SJC for PP stamping by coming monday, and will the share the experience here.

Again, Thanks for all the people for sharing their experience here to keep all informed which is what required in getting GC. Also many thanks to host www.immigration.com and CIBA.

Yet Another April Mailer Graduation(RD 4/18)

At last it my turn.
My wife (handle ammu) and I (handle john_0418)
got our approval notices today in the mail.

Would like to say to big thank you to Mighty Count and PCeee
who have done an amazing job.

Thanks to everyone(especially my fellow April Mailers)
on this board for sharing your information. When I heard
of people after me getting approved this board made me
realise that I was not the only one whose case was
taking some time.

Someone on this board few weeks back said that "Every dog
has his day". Today was mine, hang in there, yours should
be really soon.

Details
WAC 01-204-XXXXX, RD 4/18, ND 6/7, FP(schdl)11/24 FP(done) 10/26,
Approval as per AVM 02/04, Approval Letter received 02/07
Location San Jose, PD if that matters at all is 07/2000

I-485

Hi:
Is it too early....
Filed I-485 RD: July 18, 2001, ND:August 29, 2001 Finger Print Results came back on 1/12/02 and processing resumed.
How much more time .....please let me know...
EAD approved on 1/15/02, haven\'t received anything in mail. Any Update...
Thanks

Did any one did PP stamping at SJC on Friday ?

I ask this since the approval notice says the Mon-Thu.

Pls share

I-94, Courtesy Copy, Passport, 2 photos , EAD and AP (dont volunteer).

that it...I used the same two photos that I took last march 00. (I did not change much).

enjoy the stamping.

mrafi - SJ GC PP staming experience.

I went to SJ-INS today ( Friday ) arround 4:50 AM. Parked in the back side of building (which is only allowded ) . There were arround 50 people standing in front of me. By the time 6:50 AM there were another 70 people were after me.

It was really cold. So it is necessary to wear necessary cloths. Particularly a head cover. Since I stood there for only couple of hours, it was not that hard without folding chair. But have seen that people using it. Seen a guy even with laptop playing games. There is a cafe-snak truck arround 5.10 AM, which I haven\'t tried.

My wife and 2 year old son have joined with me on 6:50AM.

INS doors were open by 7 AM. But it took 45 min to cross the new security ( x-ray, metal detectors ) stuff. They did not allow any food. Even they asked me to throw my son\'s cookies and water. They told that they will alow only milk/formula with babies. In-side INS there is only water and Restroom.

Once We entered they gave tokens. Those tokens are based on category. GC PP stamping category is E,And we were were 10 th possition. They took 45 min to complete the preceeding 10 people. I was in front of the IIO by 8:30 AM . All the process took only 5 min. She did my wife\'s too. It was also only 5 min. The IIO was really cool and kind, no harsh/wrongs words. We were out there by 9AM.

we took 2 photos ( From Costco-Sunnyvale ), I-94 , Passport, Approval notice, EAD. The IIO asked about the Advace Parole and we told about the lost of AP due to address change.

In brief,
our stamping experience is reall cool, except my two and half hours stand in queue but looks like it worth.

AVM Never updated for I485 processing.(Any suggestions?)

Case details:
WAC # : WAC-01-165-XXXXX
RD: 04/06/2001
ND: 04/24/2001
FP: 12/07/2001(Done) 12/28/2001(Scheduled)

AVM for my case still says "We have rcvd your I485 application
on april 24 and it is taking .... days to process"

Is there any one with april RD whose AVM not updated?.
Can I or my lawyer do something about this(like talking
to IIO or faxing to INS).

AVM Not Updated(Any suggestions?)

Case details:

AVM Not updated(Any suggestions?)

Case details: