Approved after 19 Months & 6 Days!!!!

Need help -- I have similar situation!!

Dear Paccha:

I am in similar and painful situation, I am going to be laid off two months after filing the 140 and 485 and EAD and AP applications.

what should I do now? can the EAD card be used to find another job? or it can only be used after 140 approved?

And I am not sure if the company is going to support me or not..

feel really bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
YR

Dear YR,

1.Are you working thru any Desi Consulting Co.? Or, thru any Local Co?
2. When did you file I-140, EAD, and I_485?
3. Did you get EAD ?

Please answer, then only we can work out a solution.
Be calm, and plan carefully.

Regards,

Tons of Congratulations. Hope you will see approval for your family members very soon. Life is a struggle but not always, so enjoy your Approval.

Hi, Paccha
thanks for asking. great pain here.

I am working as full time at a large bank. The situation is my company approved for my applications for 140, 485, EAD and AP. and they are going to be filed in a week soon. at the same time, my company told I will be terminated in two months. the reason that they approve for now is they said I have possibility to transfer internally, but the hope is very little.

so now I don't know if I should take the chance to file everything, and leave the company while applications are pending for two months. how big is the change this can go through? anything I should do? will the company cancle the application?

//sign

YR

Dear YR,

Can you please answer whether the company which runs your payroll is a desi one or an Amerrican one?

Because, if it is Desi, then we can handle it otherwise we need expert legal advice.

Please answer.

Regards,

Dear Paccha:
No, it is not an Indian IT Consulting firm. it is a big American company. so your company is "an Indian IT Consulting firm"?
I am not sure if they can still provide RFE after I leave the company, //sign in this case, do you think I still have a chance?
Thank you!

YR

Dear YR,

If it is a small organization owned by Indian, chinese, Philipinos etc., you could have requested for some kind of liniency and consideration.

So, I suggest you may contact a solid immigration lawyer. I have given the contacts of my lawyer in this thread itself, if you wish to contact him. He will definitely give a clear answer, and directions in the first meeting/ conversation itself.

Wish you all the best.

Help me Pachha

Hi,

My I-140 is still pending with VSC for almost 15 months, my sponsered company closed. My EAD got renewed and it is valid untill 2/2005. Whats happens if i get an RFE on I-140 about previous company. what should i do and How should i respond?

Any one falls under this bucket. please respond and your ideas are greatly appreciated.

Thanks.....

Paccha

My Labor Certification cleared on Dec-19-2003 (CSC)
I filed my I140 and 485 concurrent on Jan-28-2004 (CSC)
Recd. my EAD on March-20-2004
Recd. my AP on April - 10-2004
Fingerprint done on - April-19-2004

Currently I'm in 7th year extension.
My current H1 is expires on Sep-22-2004

On June-30 I got layed off from my company
My attorney and HR dept. assure me that they don't withdraw my I140.

Now what are my options ?
Can I use my EAD for next jobs ?
I got three jobs in my hand.