Approved after 19 Months & 6 Days!!!!

Tank you all !!!!!!!!!!!

I will reply to the query, this evening or tomorrow...

Thank you so much for all the best wishes..

War reagards,

HONESTY Pays

Dear American,

Sorry that I did not answer your question immediately.

FIRST RFE:

1. W-2 and Return with all clauses
2. Last 6 months pay-stubs
3. Employment letter
4. Medical X-ray (Though I don't need to do it as per INS stipulations)
5. Copy of latest H1B
6. Copy of passport

SECOND RFE:

INS returned me my medical docs in a sealed envelope, by mistake. And, they sent RFE asking me to do medical again. This time we just returned the envelope untouched.

LAY-OFF:

1. I was laid off 1 1/2 months before approving my I-140. But, my lawyer told me not to take another job for a while.

2. And, once the I-140 was approved, we took about 1 month to apply for I-485. And, by that time, we didn't have recent pay-stubs, but just applied without any manipulation.

3. Again, my lawyer told me, if possible do not get into the payroll of any other co. for the next 180 Days, and do not change the address.

4. Further, I didn't have current employment letter for RFE since I didn't have job at that time. Again, lawyer and me decided to send it straight without any manipulation, but with a well drafted letter from the previous employer.

5. Again, at the time of replying for RFE, I did'nt have previous 6 months' paystubs, but just 2, and that also almost half of the salary for which my Labor was certified. Once again, we decided to be frank and honest to INS.

6. Even my w-2 for the previous year was for just about 65% of the amount for which labor was approved for.

I think INS really appreciated the honesty and transparency.

I hope I explained everything. If any other doubt, please feel free to ask 'n' number of times.

With warm regards,

Paacha, Congratulations ...

Can you kindly elaborate the Text of your Employer letter (item 4 in your list. )

Also what is the size of your company ? Is it a well known company ? How did you convince them to give you a employment letter after you were laid off.

Appreciate your time & Patience.

Best wishes for a bright & Free future .

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all (including the moderator),
This is the most useful post i have ever come across. It is very intesresting and difficult case. I hope that the moderator keeps this case always at the Top of this forum in place of the boring
'Stolen Wallet, Lost GC' case.
I have a question for Pachha. Who is your lawyer ? We appreciate his calibre and a lot of people here can take benefit
by taking his help for serious cases like Intent to Deny cases or people with long stretches of bench periods.

Thank you very much Pachha for giving full details of your difficult case. It is good that you are able to overcome all those difficult obstacles. Wish you good luck in your future endeavors.

Thanks,
Satish.

need a lawyer

same as dsatish, I need to change to a good lawyer, let me know if any knows any good one.

Yes Dears...

Specially MM110, DSatish, Free4all, Eternity, and American !

I will definitely give all the details...

1. please give me a days' time to find out the text of the letter, because I did not keep a copy of that letter.

2. Let me ask the permission of the lawyer before giving his details.

3. I will give more details about my experiences with INS for B1 Visa, H1 Visa, labor certification etc....

4. Some of our people just scare our friends... and reality is INS see our intention, and honesty more than whether we meet all the figures as per the rule-book.

5. One of my friend, for example, applied for his EAD, and two days before his application, the fees was hiked which he was not aware of. And, he applied himslef because he could not afford to pay to a lawyer since he was unemployed. And, INS MADE HIS APPLICATION BACK-DATED BY THREE DAYS AND APPROVED HIS EAD...obviously favoured him!

Please give me a days' time.. and thank you for your patience.

By the way, I have received my approval notice today. but, the cases of my wife and children are not cleared till now.

Also, I thank you all for your wishes and kind words..

With warm regards,

change of address.

Hi all,

I have my I140 and 485 filed almost at same time(using concurrent filing), I did make a change of address two months ago through my lawyer. Both applications have been pending since last June and oct consecutively.

I notice most ppl who have change of address will get an interview. How many percentage that I will get interview?

Is there anybody who does change of address, and does not get any interview? Anybody knows?

During interview, is it possible for me to have a lawyer to represent me? I wonder this possiblity just to see if I do really need a lawyer once I leave the company.

thx all.

Dear MM110

I did change my address all through the GC process. I moved from MI to MA to FL. (even the service centers are different).
(and i did inform my address changes to the INS)
I did not get any RFE or the Interview.
Dont worry, you will not get any interview.
Good Luck & Have Faith.

Dear Paccha
Your GC experience is very interesting.
It does teach one about patience, honesty & courage.
kudos to you and your lawyer.
Dont lose them at any cost.

Take Care & Good Luck to you in all your Endeavors.

Have a Nice Day :)

Employment Letter

Hello All,

Text of my employment letter is as follows:
I will be veery happy , if it is useful to any of my friends:

"Date

Immigration and Naturalization Services
Vermont Service Center
75 Lower Welden Street
St. Albans, VT 05479-0001

Re: Employment Verification for Mr (Name)

Dear Sir/Madam,

This is to inform you that Mr. (Name) will be employed with (Company) as a Manager (Technical Resources) upon approval of his pending Adjustment of Status on a full-time permanent basis. Mr. (Name)'s duties as a Manager (Technical Resources) include the following: (Complete Job Descriptions in 5 –8 Sentences)

Please note that Mr. (Name) joined our company in (Month & Year) on temporary non-immigrant H-1B visa. Mr. (Name)’s gross annual salary will not be less than $75,000.00. Mr. (Name) is a highly qualified professional and our company is in a dire need for his skills. Considering this, we filed the labor certification and I-140 petition. Both the labor and immigrant visa petitions have been approved. Currently, the adjustment of status of Mr. (Name) is pending at the US INS, Vermont Service Center. We are ready, able, and willing to employ Mr. (Name) on a permanent and full-time basis upon approval of his adjustment of status and as per approved labor certification and Immigrant visa petition. Please make a note that our gross revenue for 2001 exceeds $ (Co’ Annual Sales Turnover).

We hereby request you to approve the adjustment of status application for Mr. (Name).

Please do not hesitate to contact me if any further information is needed in this matter. I appreciate your assistance in this matter.

Sincerely,
For (Company)

(Name)
President"

Hai

Congrats, Just I am wondering how did you manage u r expenses, without job from I-140.It is really great...

Lawyer

Hi Pachha,
I am still waiting to hear from you about the lawyer. Tell me which Lawyer would not want Publicity ? Don't hesitate. You have already got the GC and you played a fair game. There is nothing to worry here. Even your Lawyer is not going to disclose details of your case to any one. They know the privacy rights.
We all want to get a list of Good Lawyers so that if we ever face serious problems, we can benefit from the services of good lawyers.