Applied for EAD after 150 days. How long does will take?

Bummer! Appears some of us will never get done with USCIS issues and processes.
I'm officially screwed. I was going to have my biometric appointment in late March. I imagine there are still people who are applying for asylum in the US while they do not conduct any interviews. Even if the asylum office reopens in June, my application will be given less priority compared to those who are filing I-589 right now. I'm probably looking at 2-3 years to get an interview.

I applied for EAD & SS no with my family my clock is at 191 days now...my wife and daughter got their EAD approval letter 3 days ago but me & my sons didn't get ours. Anybody has experienced this?

I applied for EAD & SS no with my family my clock is at 191 days now...my wife and daughter got their EAD approval letter 3 days ago but me & my sons didn't get ours. Anybody has experienced this?
You will get it , may be they were not sent to post same day. You can as well check k your case status for updates. Cheers

Bummer! Appears some of us will never get done with USCIS issues and processes.
considering where the pandemic is heading, I think they may extend the closure further. Unfortunately immigration is the last priority right now. There may also be delays since there would be a backlog of several interviews/oaths and new applications as well. I kind of feel bad for people who were just about to be done and had their oaths postponed indefinitely. But I think it’s more important for all of us to be safe. What use is a GC or citizenship if someone gets the virus and succumbs to it?

considering where the pandemic is heading, I think they may extend the closure further. Unfortunately immigration is the last priority right now. There may also be delays since there would be a backlog of several interviews/oaths and new applications as well. I kind of feel bad for people who were just about to be done and had their oaths postponed indefinitely. But I think it’s more important for all of us to be safe. What use is a GC or citizenship if someone gets the virus and succumbs to it?
Are people are still sending application during closure & getting EAD?

Are people are still sending application during closure & getting EAD?
From what I read, the only showstopper is interviews/oaths since they need in person appointments. The paper based applications are being processed. I also read somewhere that CIS is using prior biometrics to issue EADs so I’m thinking that EADs are being processed normally. On a side note, I never understood why they make you take biometrics for each application anyway. The whole point of biometrics is that they never change so they can easily run background checks with prior biometrics on record like they are doing now. I think it’s just a money making scheme.

From what I read, the only showstopper is interviews/oaths since they need in person appointments. The paper based applications are being processed. I also read somewhere that CIS is using prior biometrics to issue EADs so I’m thinking that EADs are being processed normally. On a side note, I never understood why they make you take biometrics for each application anyway. The whole point of biometrics is that they never change so they can easily run background checks with prior biometrics on record like they are doing now. I think it’s just a money making scheme.
How old biometrics can be used? w/t biometrics can one apply for EAD?

How old biometrics can be used? w/t biometrics can one apply for EAD?

if you have given biometrics for any previous application, they can use your fingerprints and picture to run your background checks and issue the EAD. If this is your very first time for biometrics, I suppose you will have to wait for offices to re-ope.

Yes I am the primary applicant. I haven't recieved the notice yet. I checked it online and even called uscis toll free no.
Please wait for the notice, it might be an oversight or non properly filled form. Whichever I have not seen where the PRINCIPAL applicant is denied and others are given approval. Let's us know the outcome. Cheers and please stay safe, don't worry you will be fine

Please wait for the notice, it might be an oversight or non properly filled form. Whichever I have not seen where the PRINCIPAL applicant is denied and others are given approval. Let's us know the outcome. Cheers and please stay safe, don't worry you will be fine
Received the EAD denial letter saying an "acceptable photo identity" wasn't attached. They are just playing with us. Just imagining how people can be even in this tough times.

Received the EAD denial letter saying an "acceptable photo identity" wasn't attached. They are just playing with us. Just imagining how people can be even in this tough times.
You see? Just reapply and give them the acceptable one. It won't hurt. I wish you the very best. I and my kids were denied EAD for 3 consecutive times. Reason they kept seeing my clock as Lee's than 150 days. I finally got it last week, so cheer up. We go through hurdles but the end will be brighter. Be safe dear

You see? Just reapply and give them the acceptable one. It won't hurt. I wish you the very best. I and my kids were denied EAD for 3 consecutive times. Reason they kept seeing my clock as Lee's than 150 days. I finally got it last week, so cheer up. We go through hurdles but the end will be brighter. Be safe dear
Thank you for ur encouraging words

My story

I applied for Asylum in feb 2019,
Biometrics feb, 2019
Interview march 2019
Referal notice may 2019
Applied for EAD july 2019, rejected reason applied in less than 150days, odd
Applied for EAD again August, 2019 rejected same reason, Odd again
Master calendar October 2019
Individual hearing scheduled Dec, 2023
Applied for EAD again November 2019 by my Attorney, rejected same reason yet again
Started calling they kept saying everything is fine, call your Asylum office, they don't pick calls.
January 31st 2020 I wrote a letter by myself extensively explained my plight from the beginning and they received yet no response, but then they worked on it.
March 2020 I applied again and this time it was a success.
Am not praying for anyone to be in this kind of situation but it should serve as a lesson incase you find yourself in same situation, call, pray write yes write, they will attend to you silently.

Cheers to all of us, my journey begins, officially!!!

My story

I applied for Asylum in feb 2019,
Biometrics feb, 2019
Interview march 2019
Referal notice may 2019
Applied for EAD july 2019, rejected reason applied in less than 150days, odd
Applied for EAD again August, 2019 rejected same reason, Odd again
Master calendar October 2019
Individual hearing scheduled Dec, 2023
Applied for EAD again November 2019 by my Attorney, rejected same reason yet again
Started calling they kept saying everything is fine, call your Asylum office, they don't pick calls.
January 31st 2020 I wrote a letter by myself extensively explained my plight from the beginning and they received yet no response, but then they worked on it.
March 2020 I applied again and this time it was a success.
Am not praying for anyone to be in this kind of situation but it should serve as a lesson incase you find yourself in same situation, call, pray write yes write, they will attend to you silently.

Cheers to all of us, my journey begins, officially!!!
Your lawyer should have emailed the Asylum Office instead of calling the service center.
I had a problem with my clock too. It lagged 10 years. My lawyer emailed the asylum office and they fixed it

Your lawyer should have emailed the Asylum Office instead of calling the service center.
I had a problem with my clock too. It lagged 10 years. My lawyer emailed the asylum office and they fixed it
How would I have known, I engaged the lawyer after my 2nd attempt that was when we were told to write to them. They don't attend to email but posted , written mails. Thanks anyways, it's history now.

Hi everyone,
i filed my asylum case with 3 kids, 8 months ago and now i want to apply EAD (i-765).
how can i get social security card for my kids. is there any way to get SS for my kids.
thanks.