Applied for EAD after 150 days. How long does will take?

oregon too did you call san francisco office i think my post got deleted as i was asking for the phone number

@freeamr
Thanks man same like green card . and I apply SSN today .
how did the SSN went could you please let me know if the 55 days were counted since you filed or from the date it shows online they received it
and if you can advice requirements for the ssn to apply
cheers

Guys i just saw this now On August 26, 2013, we ordered production of your new card
finally i will get my EAD how to apply for SSN

Guys i just saw this now On August 26, 2013, we ordered production of your new card
finally i will get my EAD how to apply for SSN

Congratulations !!!!

You are going to be sent the card soon

I am so happy for you !! Best news I have heard this Monday

How long did it take since you filed ?

Stay blessed

Congratulations !!!!

You are going to be sent the card soon

I am so happy for you !! Best news I have heard this Monday

How long did it take since you filed ?

Stay blessed

62 days exactly i filed on 06/24 the web site showed they received it 07/08 and now shows its in production my lawyer just emailed me last officer was on oregon was last april they have huge back log i originally filed for asylum on 01/24/2013
no interview yet
i cant explain how this made me a life again i was extremely depressed and didn't know what to do
god help us and open the doors for people on our stitution
cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Guess USCIS has a very huge back log , 14 days for EAD application to be received seems like a long time indeed , but even the case you filed is almost 8 months old pending ,Great news work authorization document is soon on your hands

Lets just thank God

I received the work permit today in my hand valid for one year what did you guys need to apply for ssn application iam going in the morning so your fast respond is appreciated it

I received the work permit today in my hand valid for one year what did you guys need to apply for ssn application iam going in the morning so your fast respond is appreciated it

Congratulations !!!

You need the following

You need documents to prove your U.S. immigration status, Identity eg ID card ,Unexpired Passport, Work eligibility and Social Security will enter the A # on USCIS SAVE Verification Process to determine the type of Social Security Card to issue

Thanks DoubleAA

how long will take the process to get the ssn and should APPLY after you get your EAD and I think all companies here thy don't accept EAD without having ssn is this right ?

Congratulations !!!

You need the following

You need documents to prove your U.S. immigration status, Identity eg ID card ,Unexpired Passport, Work eligibility and Social Security will enter the A # on USCIS SAVE Verification Process to determine the type of Social Security Card to issue

According to the legal advice I got its that many cases, applying social security card as asylum applicant can be difficult. In some states, Social Security Administration office just do not know whether asylum applicants are eligible to be issued a social security card or not. In some cases, it might just be the Social Security Administration officer who makes the thing hard for issuing the card. Though social security card is controlled by U.S Federal Government, individual states have full power on social security card matters. Therefore, it is important to show all necessary documents of your asylum application, especially those papers and letters you have received from Asylum Office, USCIS and your attorney office, and give proper explanation to Social Security Administration officer if you realize you are going to be denied explain that Social security card is mandatory in most circumstances for you as a job seeker to prove to any legal employer that you have permission to work.

You have to apply soon you get your EAD !! Seems like Social security card is mandatory in most circumstances for most employers to prove you have permission to work in US

Social security card may take weeks to arrive once application is approved it depends with the processing times

You have to apply soon you get your EAD !! Seems like Social security card is mandatory in most circumstances for most employers to prove you have permission to work in US

Social security card may take weeks to arrive once application is approved it depends with the processing times

Thanks for your quick respond i have Expired oregon id from 6 month when i was in status i have the work permit in my hand i have also valid passport with expired I9 visa b1 b2 from 6 month
what else should i take with me
cheers

Thanks for your quick respond i have Expired oregon id from 6 month when i was in status i have the work permit in my hand i have also valid passport with expired I9 visa b1 b2 from 6 month
what else should i take with me
cheers

Just show them 2 documents that prove your identity and work-authorized immigration status, show them your current U.S. immigration documents eg Employment Authorization Card and your unexpired foreign passport that is it

Note - All asylum applicants are entitled to restricted SSN if Authorized to work with permission of DHS