AOS Interview Timeline

What does that have to do with my wife getting her Drivers License?
I never said she was driving without Insurance :confused:

She isn't even driving! :rolleyes:

Dear Addie,

I am also waiting for EAD and then issue my drivers license. I already went to Driver license office with my passport, my FL drivers license (will expired on August06) and my SSN (since I worked in US before). But the officer still refused to give me NJ driving license until I get my EAD. As a result, I suggest u and your wife wait until EAD arrive.

Cheers

need to understand

i just madethe biometri fp , and i just have a notice a about i765
that i have an appointement to have another biometric
so is that mean that i have to make another finger print or i will have my ead card
can anybody explain that to me pls ?
i made fp for i 485 and now they ask to make another one for i765 is that going in the right way ??????????????????????????/ :confused: :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
gemy2710 said:
i just madethe biometri fp , and i just have a notice a about i765
that i have an appointement to have another biometric
so is that mean that i have to make another finger print or i will have my ead card
can anybody explain that to me pls ?
i made fp for i 485 and now they ask to make another one for i765 is that going in the right way ??????????????????????????/ :confused: :confused:
In most cases when the forms were filed together, a single Biometric appt (FP) Notice is generated (i 797) and the prints taken are forwarded to the various agencies ie NBC/MSC FBI....The i 797 would then specifically mention the same. In case the forms are processed seperately then they generate two seperate FP notices and you have to go for it seperately.Too Bad...mebbe you have better luck later.

Addie_Goodvibes said:
What does that have to do with my wife getting her Drivers License?
I never said she was driving without Insurance :confused:

She isn't even driving! :rolleyes:
Hi..
I saw a Q & A in that site which said some rental cars give vehicles to people with Non US license...also the International Permit was NOT sufficient in itself....just reminding that after license u still need to cater for insurance and insurance for people without any driving experience in US needs to be negotiated.

Again-What does that have to do with my situation :confused:

It is understood that once my wife starts driving she will need insurance, there may be some fools on here who do not carry insurance, direct your insurance advice on them.

Ths thread is getting off topic

AOS interview timeline

indone said:
In most cases when the forms were filed together, a single Biometric appt (FP) Notice is generated (i 797) and the prints taken are forwarded to the various agencies ie NBC/MSC FBI....The i 797 would then specifically mention the same. In case the forms are processed seperately then they generate two seperate FP notices and you have to go for it seperately.Too Bad...mebbe you have better luck later.

gemy2710 said:
thanks for your replay my friend
Jacksonville is the most efficient in Florida.
The Biometric appointment is absolutely No hassles and takes 10 minutes.Though the schedule was for the evening my friends went in the morning and got it done with. No waiting line and staffed by professionals.
One of my friends had an interview in May, 2006 after 95 days. The interviewer was nice .

USCIS Notice for Interview in Aug

Photocopy of USCIS Notice of requirements for interview for AOS based on c(9). See the attached file.

Last edited by a moderator:
We have received interview notice today. Adding to the timeline...

we received interview letter todAy for 6THY SEPTEMBER IN HOUSTON.

Timeline:
DO: Houston
I-130, I-485, I-765, i-131 sent to Chicago by Fedex: 06/21/06
Package delivered: 06/22/06 at 9:am
RD - 06/22/06
ND: I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131: 06/27/06
Checks cashed: 06/27/06
Received NOA for I-485,I-130, I-765,I-131 - 06/29/06
LUD (I-485,I-130, I-765,I-131): 07/03/06
FP notice Received - 07/16/06( ND - 07/13)
FP taken - -7/20( actual appoinment date is 07/27)
Interview notice received - 07/27
interview date - -09/06 (interview Notice date - -7/20)

Waiting for Interview call

Hey friends,

I am also in the same boat...
No interview letter yet..Dont know what to do?

I am getting good offer outside CA but dont want to change the Address, otherwise, D.O will change, need to file AR 11, and lots of hassles...

Do you think I need to take infopass and visit DO once?

Hey which processing timeline do I need to see for the I-130? My DO is Santa Ana, CA.

Thanks in advance and best of luck....

----------------------
D.O Santa Ana, CA
4/26/06 = i485, i130, i131, i765 applied
6/16 = i131 approved
6/26 = got EAD on hand
Now Waiting for interview call...

indian_4 said:
D.O Santa Ana, CA
4/26/06 = i485, i130, i131, i765 applied
6/16 = i131 approved
6/26 = got EAD on hand
Now Waiting for interview call...

Hi I see from your timeline that your AP has been approved in a little under two months -- that's great! when did you actually get the AP in the mail? do you know if once it is approved one can go to the local DO and get one?? I am asking becuase I need to travel in early September and since it looks like I might be getting my AP right before I need to travel (need to leave on Sep 7), I am afraid I might not get the hard copy before I need to leave...

Thanks

USC married to Indian spouse on B2

I would appreciate if someone could answer my questions as I am new here.

My case is as follows

USC married to Indian spouse on B2 (I94 expires in Sep06)
I plan to file the following forms for AOS immediately

- I-485
- I-765
- I-864
- I-693
- I-131
- G-325A

My questions are
1. After I file the forms is she legal to live here after Sep 06? Or only after she gets the Notice of Action.
2. Can I file for her EAD along with I-130 application or should I wait till 90 days after RD for I-485 (very confusing on this part)
3. Any other forms I could be missing from the above list.

Your replies would be greatly appreciated.

1. After I file the forms is she legal to live here after Sep 06? Or only after she gets the Notice of Action.

She is legal to stay here after the expiration of the current status (Sep 06) once you receive Notice of Action. However, if she overstays her current status, since she is filing based on a marriage to a US Citizen, everything will be forgiven...

2. Can I file for her EAD along with I-130 application or should I wait till 90 days after RD for I-485 (very confusing on this part)

You can do either, but the fastest way is to file concurently i.e. file all the forms together. Note that a lot of people are getting AOS interview before they get their EAD cards, of course there is no guarantee you will, same with AP (form I131). I personally applied for both (EAD and AP) as I need to travel in September.

3. Any other forms I could be missing from the above list.

Seems like you've got everything. Just read the directions for filing very carefully and make sure you have all the supporting documentation, fees and pictures and you should be good to go...

Good luck!