AOS Interview Timeline

Interview Tommorrw 7/12 @ 9am @ Garden City New York

People, butterflies in my belly and jittery. The big AOS interview day is tommorrow morning @ 9am.

Mom (Citizen) sponsered me (unmarried over 21). I've been in this country since 1987, it's been almost 20 years i've waited for this day tommorrow. My Mom got her citizenship in 2005. I've gone to school here in Brooklyn, got my Bachelor's degree in Finance and just waiting to for this day to come.

Wish me luck people, it's been 20 years and hopefully they don't scrutinize me too much , since it's mother/son relationship.... I pray for everyone. I have soo much butterflies.

Ever waitied and wanted something for soooooooooo long in your life and the has come. It seems like a fantasy . Pray for me please...

Addie_Goodvibes said:
I have a Question: I notice a lot of people on here have not received their EAD even after Interview :confused:

I was under the assumption that EAD was supposed to arrive prior to interview, does anyone know if EAD should arrive prior to interview if everything filed was in order ( No RFE's )?

We have been married almost 2 years and have a 16 month old daughter.

Nope..No such rule..EAD is processed by MSC in your case..whereas interview is at the local DO.Going by the present trend NO RFE means u are likely to get the interview within 100 days.So start collecting your documents (Joint Bill-Credit card, insurance,utilities , telephone bills showing calls to each other..etc and some letters from people who know you both..... like the guy who sells tickets in the $1 movie theatre (just kidding)..(LOL). ) and schedule an info pass appointment on the day of your interview..so that...if godforbid, u get stuck in name check...u can go to the adjacent window and get an iEAD.

With a 16 month daughter..I guess you are the safest in this forum.

Mebbe you could have avoided sending the I-765 and I-131's and saved on the money...However I don't think it is prudent asking for a refund. :rolleyes: :)

Last edited by a moderator:
indone said:
Nope..No such rule..EAD is processed by MSC in your case..whereas interview is at the local DO.Going by the present trend NO RFE means u are likely to get the interview within 100 days.So start collecting your documents (Joint Bill-Credit card, insurance,utilities , telephone bills showing calls to each other..etc and some letters from people who know you both..... like the guy who sells tickets in the $1 movie theatre (just kidding)..(LOL). ) and schedule an info pass appointment on the day of your interview..so that...if godforbid, u get stuck in name check...u can go to the adjacent window and get an iEAD.

With a 16 month daughter..I guess you are the safest in this forum.

Mebbe you could have avoided sending the I-765 and I-131's and saved on the money...However I don't think it is prudent asking for a refund. :rolleyes: :)

Thanks for the reply, That would be nice to get our interview before 90days, I never though about getting money back for the I-765 but your right if it is not processed maybe we should get a refund , maybe AFTER the interview I will schedule an InfoPass Appt. and ask for refund of that. We never filed an I-131 only I-130/I-485/I-765
Someone mentioned that they take away your EAD if you have it at the interview? :confused: Why would they do that? We are kind of in urgent need for her to get her EAD so she can use it to get her drivers liscense. Are there any other forms or papers we can use to get her Drivers Liscense or ss card? Or is the EAD / GC the only thing DMV will accept.?

Yeah we have substantial evidence of our relatinship, our daughter will be more than enough to prove our relationship is Bona Fida. My wife & I have known eachother for over 12 years, we met in her home country I was living there teaching English after Uni.

Addie_Goodvibes said:
Thanks for the reply, That would be nice to get our interview before 90days, I never though about getting money back for the I-765 but your right if it is not processed maybe we should get a refund , maybe AFTER the interview I will schedule an InfoPass Appt. and ask for refund of that.
Forget about it. The application fees are non-refundable. I think it says so clearly either on the form or on the USCIS Web site.

running_swede said:
Forget about it. The application fees are non-refundable. I think it says so clearly either on the form or on the USCIS Web site.
I am aware of what the refund policy is , My question was WHY would USCIS take the EAD away if you already have it at the interview, especially if you have already paid for and filed for it. ?

What is the reason behind them taking it away? Does an approval stamp on the passport replace the ead in allowing one to gain work, ssn or Drivers License?

It seems as though one would need the EAD card until their GC arrived, Don't understand why USCIS would take the ead card away at the interview IF a person is approved for GC.

Got interview letter

Hi all,
Finally got an interview letter for 30 aug.

RD: 3/16/06
ND: 3/20/06
ND for interview: 7/6/06
Interview: 8/30/06

MY DO is washington DC.
juno

iam new here need help pls

iam a husban of a us citizenship

jacksonville, fl
rd 6-23-06 130-131-485-765
nd 7-5
app for bio-fp at 7-15
so did they sent me a message after that about my finger print , what is next and is there anybody from jacksonville florida to advise meand what is the lud and rfe

They stamped my passport

Hey All, Just FYI, I had my interview yesterday morning @ 9am in Garden City. The intervew was short and the officer told me to go wait downstairs and he'll send my passport downstairs stamped.

It's stamped for a year and they said i'll get my card in 3 weeks...

Thanks to all and I'll have prayers for all of u.

RD is April 12th. I got a notice for interview date July 17th. Unfortunately I will be out of the country then, so wrote to DO (Boston) to reschedule (that was June 5th). I do not have a rescheduled interview date yet.

Addie_Goodvibes said:
Someone mentioned that they take away your EAD if you have it at the interview? :confused: Why would they do that?
The underlying fact is that the GC negates the requirement of EAD.I presume that they ask the person..."Do you intend to work before you get your GC which may take upto 3 weeks?" If the person is home-bound they take the EAD. I know the bad feeling of giving back the EAD after paying for it.In all cases of Stuck in NAME CHECK...the EAD was given back.

Addie_Goodvibes said:
Are there any other forms or papers we can use to get her Drivers Liscense or ss card? Or is the EAD / GC the only thing DMV will accept.?[/COLOR]

It's arbitrary and depends on the person whom u contact in the DMV in the state. Most states accept an International Drivers license for an Year ( Not the stuff which you get online..It's more of a translation scam). Other DMV's insist on proof of "Requirement to drive". There is a post in this forum.in which a lady got her license without being asked for the EAD.. Some DMV's insist on the EAD.which happens to be the only Govt ID with picture. It's all a CYA (cover your Ass syndrome)..They had the EAD...so I gave the license. ;)

Going by the time lines the EAD's are being generated after 64 days..hang on and sing the USCIS waiting tune. :)

2nd interview

This might be helpful for those who change addresses during their interview time. I changed address only two week before I went to my first interview (in Baltimore). Since at that time I already moved (to NY), we made some effort to take two days off from work and travel from NY to MD for the interview. Unfortunately, decision is pending due to background checking. After we came back, we were told to be scheduled a 2nd interview in NY after 2 months. That's frustrating given the time and money we wasted on the 1st interview. It is really not a good idea to move/change address during the interview time.

magicyx said:
After we came back, we were told to be scheduled a 2nd interview in NY after 2 months.
:D No offence ..I guess you are thinking "mebbe I should have gone to Dallas Texas. ..for instant approval."

indone said:
The underlying fact is that the GC negates the requirement of EAD.I presume that they ask the person..."Do you intend to work before you get your GC which may take upto 3 weeks?" If the person is home-bound they take the EAD. I know the bad feeling of giving back the EAD after paying for it.In all cases of Stuck in NAME CHECK...the EAD was given back.

It's arbitrary and depends on the person whom u contact in the DMV in the state. Most states accept an International Drivers license for an Year ( Not the stuff which you get online..It's more of a translation scam). Other DMV's insist on proof of "Requirement to drive". There is a post in this forum.in which a lady got her license without being asked for the EAD.. Some DMV's insist on the EAD.which happens to be the only Govt ID with picture. It's all a CYA (cover your Ass syndrome)..They had the EAD...so I gave the license. ;)

Going by the time lines the EAD's are being generated after 64 days..hang on and sing the USCIS waiting tune. :)

Understood, that makes sense, My wife needs to get her Ca. Drivers license and we can't get it without EAD, maybe we should just go down there to DMV with the documents we have now and see if they will give it to her,

Addie_Goodvibes said:
I am aware of what the refund policy is , My question was WHY would USCIS take the EAD away if you already have it at the interview, especially if you have already paid for and filed for it. ?
To prevent fraud. You dont need the EAD after you are approved. So USCIS think there is a chance you *might* sell it to someone who *might* use it illegally. If you go to LA/San Diego, there are such agents who sell you the whole fake package of DL+SSN+GC for ~$500, they also sell EAD's for those who only want to work and dont care about a fake GC.

What is the reason behind them taking it away? Does an approval stamp on the passport replace the ead in allowing one to gain work, ssn or Drivers License?
EAD is for work only when your I-485 is pending. Once I-485 is approved, you are a permanent resident and are free to work. EAD is invalid at this point and you have no use for it unless you want to frame it and hang it in your living roon ;)

It seems as though one would need the EAD card until their GC arrived, Don't understand why USCIS would take the ead card away at the interview IF a person is approved for GC.
Same answer as above. You can ask them to stamp passport for employment purposes.

Thanks for the info, Majority of the people on this forum would be lost without your help. I learned everything prior to filing from reading your posts and it helped me tremendously, so far we have not had any probvlems with the processing of course we haven't gotten to the interview yet have we :rolleyes:

One question: How often do you update the AOS interview timeline, can you add our timeline to the list on your first post of this thread. . Thanks agaibn for all your help.

Addie_Goodvibes said:
Thanks for the info, Majority of the people on this forum would be lost with you.
Geee... thats always nice to know that i mislead people :D

I learned everything prior to filing from reading your posts and it helped me tremendously, so far we have not had any probvlems with the processing of course we haven't gotten to the interview yet have we :rolleyes:
Good luck with your interview

One question: How often do you update the AOS interview timeline, can you add our timeline to the list on your first post of this thread. . Thanks agaibn for all your help.
Earlier, i used to update it on a daily basis, but off late, my schedule has been really hectic and my priorities have changed. I update the table as and when i find time.

Due to change in priorities and crazy schedules, I am unable to visit this forum as frequently as i would love to. Keep posting here and I will be updating this table whenever i find time. If you need to reach me or need to have your info added to the table, PM is the best option. Thanks.

Addie_Goodvibes said:
My wife needs to get her Ca. Drivers license and we can't get it .....,

Here's another interesting site and point to note:rolleyes: http://www.carinsurance.com/kb/content10217.aspx
Q. What are the penalties for driving without insurance? I know someone that got pulled over for the 3rd time in 10 yrs and he didn't have insurance. What will happen?

A.The penalty for driving without insurance varies from state to state. In some states, your vehicle tag can be seized and your car impounded. In addition, some states impose heavy fines for those who drive without auto insurance. Limited sates fine a fee of $150 to $500 for driving without insurance.

The consequences can be far more serious if you are involved in an accident and do not have insurance. You may have to comply with the financial responsibility laws (SR22, SR22s, SR16) including having to pay for any injuries or damages out of your own pocket.

CarInsurance.com understands that state complacency allows for states to not uphold the laws of the land. As you will understand from our comments, the states don't consider this offense as a serious offense. :D :D

For every dollar you pay in insurance premium a portion goes towards those states that aren't aggressive toward uninsured drivers.