AOS Interview Timeline

My interview yesterday at Baltimore, MD

I had my interview yesterday in Baltimore, MD. The officer asked how we met and the proof of marriage evidence. After that he only said he recommend to approve and I will receive decision in mail. Since I didn't apply for EAD or AP before the interview, he still suggest me to apply for that if I need to work or travel soon, and no stamp :(. So I am not sure if I am approved or not.

Does anyone had interview at baltimore, MD? how long can I get the decision letter?

magicyx said:
I had my interview yesterday in Baltimore, MD. The officer asked how we met and the proof of marriage evidence. After that he only said he recommend to approve and I will receive decision in mail. Since I didn't apply for EAD or AP before the interview, he still suggest me to apply for that if I need to work or travel soon, and no stamp :(. So I am not sure if I am approved or not.

Does anyone had interview at baltimore, MD? how long can I get the decision letter?

Hi,

My interview was on june 19 and it was about the same as yours. No real important questions and at the end he said that we will receive a notice by mail. I don't know how much time does it takes, but the officer told us that it should be within 90 days.

90 days after interview

Same here, nothing on the interview day, no stamp as well, only wrote something on my passport. Went to the local office, and they cannot tell me why it's not approved, not under name check, not under anything, just no decision yet. :(

I had my interview today at Washington, DC DO, and I got the stamp! Waiting for the real card to show up :)

I'm an unmarried son of permanent resident over 21 form I-130 and it was introduced to nebraska service center in 12 oct 2002.
and after waitting all that time to join my family in US it was transfered to california service center i want to ask about these things:
1-what is going to happend after that ?
2-when it will be able for me to stay with my family in US?
3-what is the use of cut-off dates for my case?

please anyone answer my questions

update timeline pls.

Hi Ari4U,

Can you please update my timeline as found below in my signature. Due to carelesness and too much excitement to file the paperwork i did not heed anyone's advice and failed to file my I-693 together with all the rest of the paperwork.

Although, when i got the email i knew what they needed so I went a few days ago to get it done. Tomorrow I will get the results and mail them out in time for Monday's mail if they are even open on Monday at NBC.

Thanks! :)

Hey, I'm a new member, just wanna ad my time line:

Atlanta, GA
04/21/06 (xx) RD
04/26/06 (01) ND
05/02/06 (07) FP Notice -received after the actual appointment date (?)
05/11/06 (16) FP Appointment
05/24/06 (29) FP - Walked In
07/03/06 (69) Interview Letter :)
08/23/06 (120) Interview
EAD (??)

My timeline

So Far it has been as expected. I hope that it remains on track.

Ari4u, can you please update this table and EAD table in the other thread with my info? Thanks !!

Last edited by a moderator:
MarineBiologist said:
Finally! Notice for interview arrived-- scheduled for day 289 after I filed!!

Slow processing, but I'm excited!!!! :D

Congrats, MarineBiologist.

I just found out that our DO is Cherry Hill :eek:
I am petitioning for my mother in the family based category and so far everything was done in Newark, including her FP, expedited AP etc.,. A few months ago, even I was naturalized at Newark.

But when we got the interview notice y'day (same day when you got it), I was shocked to see that the interview is in Cherry Hill and not Newark. It is surprising why they transferred the case to Cherry hill. Anyway, glad that we finally got the IL, albeit so late. I was thinking all along that the interview would be at Newark and was very frustrated when Newark applicants who filed much later got their IL and even had their interviews, when we didn't get ours. Now, this transfer seems to explain the delay. 'coz I've noticed that Cherry Hill is one of the slowest DOs as they are under staffed.

Our interview is end of Aug; yours is before ours. Where was your FP - was that @ Newark or Philly? Have you driven before to the CH DO? Do you know if there's parking around DO? Any tips you can send my way regarding DO, I would appreciate it. Thanks!
And Good luck! :)

Add my timeline to Memphis DO

Hi Ari4u,

Can you please add me too, to the interview timelines. The details are on my signature;

DO - Memphis
H1-B Married to USC
Checks Cashed – 10th April, 06
NOA Received in mail - 11th April, 06
FP - 27th April, 06
AP (I-131) Approved online– 21st June, 06
EAD (I-765) Approved online – 26th June, 06
Interview Date - ??

jenimmi said:
Congrats, MarineBiologist.

I just found out that our DO is Cherry Hill :eek:
I am petitioning for my mother in the family based category and so far everything was done in Newark, including her FP, expedited AP etc.,. A few months ago, even I was naturalized at Newark.

But when we got the interview notice y'day (same day when you got it), I was shocked to see that the interview is in Cherry Hill and not Newark. It is surprising why they transferred the case to Cherry hill. Anyway, glad that we finally got the IL, albeit so late. I was thinking all along that the interview would be at Newark and was very frustrated when Newark applicants who filed much later got their IL and even had their interviews, when we didn't get ours. Now, this transfer seems to explain the delay. 'coz I've noticed that Cherry Hill is one of the slowest DOs as they are under staffed.

Our interview is end of Aug; yours is before ours. Where was your FP - was that @ Newark or Philly? Have you driven before to the CH DO? Do you know if there's parking around DO? Any tips you can send my way regarding DO, I would appreciate it. Thanks!
And Good luck! :)

Cherry Hill office is atrocious!!! :mad: I only found this board recently, so when I was in the process of figuring out where to send things, I thought it'd be a good idea to call Cherry Hill since they were my DO and ask where I was supposed to send everything. Instead of telling me the Chicago LockBox, they told me to make an appointment with them and bring it in person to their office! I showed up at the DO, and that's when they tell me they screwed up and I should send it in by mail to the Chicago Lockbox! :mad: All this caused a 2-month delay in me submitting my application.

So far on the list, it appears I'm the only Cherry Hill applicant, and it's infuriating to see that Newark is moving twice as fast as CH. I did my FP at Newark, though. I wonder why the back and forth.

There is a parking lot that accomodates maybe 40-50 cars at the Cherry Hill DO. Don't worry, when I was there at 8am, there were maybe 5 cars. ;) It's a little difficult to spot (it's a tiny office, hidden amongst other offices converted from houses), so you may circle the streets a couple times. Good luck!!!

MarineBiologist said:
Cherry Hill office is atrocious!!! :mad: I only found this board recently, so when I was in the process of figuring out where to send things, I thought it'd be a good idea to call Cherry Hill since they were my DO and ask where I was supposed to send everything. Instead of telling me the Chicago LockBox, they told me to make an appointment with them and bring it in person to their office! I showed up at the DO, and that's when they tell me they screwed up and I should send it in by mail to the Chicago Lockbox! :mad: All this caused a 2-month delay in me submitting my application.

So far on the list, it appears I'm the only Cherry Hill applicant, and it's infuriating to see that Newark is moving twice as fast as CH. I did my FP at Newark, though. I wonder why the back and forth.

There is a parking lot that accomodates maybe 40-50 cars at the Cherry Hill DO. Don't worry, when I was there at 8am, there were maybe 5 cars. ;) It's a little difficult to spot (it's a tiny office, hidden amongst other offices converted from houses), so you may circle the streets a couple times. Good luck!!!

What they did to you is ridiculous!! At least they realized they had given you wrong info, when you went there.
I cannot believe that we will going for our interview there.. I never once thought we would have any thing to do with CH - when every one of our immigration process was done at Newark. Like you said, it is not fair to us, being in the same state (NJ) CH process is so much slower than Newark's.

Since CH doesn't have a ASC (Application Support Center), FPs have to be done at the closest ASC - either Newark or Philly. My mom's FP was at Newark too.

Thanks much for the info on Parking. I hope when we get there, to find the DO and it's parking amidst the (converted) houses. Sounds like a lot of fun ;)

I really hope the officers are knowledgeable enough to approve a straight forward case (and not like the ones who gave you incorrect info about their own rules).
Anyways, I'll be looking f/wd to your post when you're done with your interview.
Good luck to you too!

any help please

I'm an unmarried son of permanent resident over 21 form I-130 and it was introduced to nebraska service center in 12 oct 2002.
and after waitting all that time to join my family in US it was transfered to california service center i want to ask about these things:
1-what is going to happend after that ?
2-when it will be able for me to stay with my family in US?
3-what is the use of cut-off dates for my case?

please anyone answer my questions

cyber256 said:
Hi Ari4u,

Can you please add me too, to the interview timelines. The details are on my signature;

Hey we have the same DO. Keep us posted...I have a vested interest in ur timeline.lol

Los Angeles timeline

March 31, '06 - mailed applications (I-130, I-864, G-325, I-131, I-485) to Chicago lock box.

April 8, '06 - received receipts for all of above.

April 18, '06 - Received notification of Biometrics appointment, which was for...

April 19, '06 - Had biometrics done.

May 20, 2006 - Receive notification of interview date.

June 26, '06 - Advance parole notice arrives.

June 30 - Employment authorisation notice arrives.

July 3 - Interview and approval.

July 7 - Welcome letter arrives.

July 100 - Green card arrives.

My time line

I have a Question: I notice a lot of people on here have not received their EAD even after Interview :confused:

I was under the assumption that EAD was supposed to arrive prior to interview, does anyone know if EAD should arrive prior to interview if everything filed was in order ( No RFE's )?

USC filing for Spouse Japanese national
We have been married almost 2 years and have a 16 month old daughter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Addie:

I am in the same boat - no EAD but my interview is set for Aug 30. I think they take your EAD away from you if you are approved at the interview. Therefore, I am thinking that I probably won't get the EAD. No LUDs since forever for me, and I didn't get any RFEs either.