AOS interview experience only

Ihad my interview at 1:30 at Fairfax VA. Had printed my family picture at 12:50 on the way to interview it was heavy rain and reached there nick of time. We were called by an African American lady after 5 minutes after giving our oath she asked our ID and then got sign the waiver as our attorney was not with us. she asked question from my I-485 and she was very polite and calm everything was going smooth then she turn to my husband and ask about my date of birth which he forgot for few second and the then told her. She asked where you have been staying once you were visiting him he thought she is asking about her ex wife so he said i stay wit my parents somthing like and i intruped and told him that she is asking about me. I took copies of everything but she only took few i.e. child birth certificates, my bank statements for last two years showing the same address. She looked at original naturalization certificate and original child birth certificates. She asked how we met and my husband told her that he was introduced to me by his friend and we met at a coffee and then turned to me and said why dont you tell me because woman are more detailed orinated and i said when i was coming to US for the first time one of my colleague gave me my husband number and said i should ask him if i have to move around but i was not able to see him because my flights to his state got canceled due to snow and i was stuck in Chicago and i send him mail and he replied and we start talking to mails and met each other after four months which was all true and then we start dating and we been dating for four years. She asked why we got married so early after his divorce the gape was only two weeks. I only have one joint bank account and auto insurance and two kids with my husband. The interview lasted for one hour she make copies of my family picture and at the end she said we will get the decision in mail she said she dont tell the decision at spot and will review my file once agin. She did not took out my I-94 which was breaking my nerve that the might linger me on. The interview was at 1:30 and i have got an email at 8:45 that case status of I-485 was change to card ordered production and between that time i have check my mail almost 50 times. Thanks and good luck to everyone.

lost of experiences here, gives me hope that my approval will come sooner or later, hopefully sooner than later

My AOS experience

This is our experience, hope it comforts someone.

Our odeal started after we recieved the interview notification letter. My wife and I prepared for the potential questions and gathered supporting documents we could find. We literally couldn't sleep at night the two days before the interview.

On the interview day, we got up early and went to the local USCIS. The interview took about 45 minutes. We're interviewed together. The lady who interviewed us was nice but she asked us many questions. She was detail oriented. My wife was so nervous a couple of times she gave inconsistent answers. I will say at least one answer was so bad I am sure the lady did not believe us- at times we were all over the place.

At the end the lady said they will let us their decision in about 4 weeks via mail. My wife started crying as we left the office. She new a couple that were told that they were approved on the spot, and because we're not approved on the spot she thought we were finished. she was broken. I wasnt any better. But, unlike her at least I believed as a US citizen I should have some procedure before Im denied my right to marry whoever I want and no matter how long it takes that we will be together.

My wife was so pesimistic, all she was talking about was being deported. On the next day, we saw immigration attorney. The attorney told us that at this point they cannot do anything we have to come back after we recieved the decision letter. They told us the letter could be of three things: approval, chance for a second interview or a denial. If we reiceved the latter two we should see them.

If denied after the second interview or recieved a denial letter, she will be put in a removal proceeding (probably put in detention and will be bailed), and see an immigration judge.

I have to admit this experience was one of the three most stressful time of my life. For all of you who are passing thru this shadow of death, trust me it will pass one way or another. Fortunately, for us it went well. We are ecstatic, WE RECIEVED OUR APPROVAL LETTER WITHIN A WEEK, and our ordeal ended as such.

Remember there are hundreds of thousands of people going thru the same experience as you are.

Good luck.

my experience

I went for my GC interview last week, it seemed to go ok.
AFter asking only three simple questions and yes and no questions, he went into telling us how to renew from temporary to permanent green card. He also said based on my communication with you, I see no problem of you applying for citizenship. etc.
He said I should receive my card in about 2 weeks, and also double checked my mailing address. He said that my gc starts date will be the day he put information in the system, which will be in the next a few days.

When he handed me two piece of paper stapled together, one is the renew of GC instruction, the other is "notice of interview results". Because the interview seemed to go so well, I did not read the notice of interview results carefully in his office, but when I got home, I read it, I noticed that he checked"your case is being held for further review, at this point, you are not required to provide more information, should more information are needed in the future, you will get a notice in the mail, otherwise you will get decision in the mail".

I read other people's experience on the internet that they got online update on the same day of interview or the day after the interview, but for me, 7 days passed, so far I got no online updates at all, and no mail neither. I start to feel anxious now.
I don't know why the IO has to wait this long but not updating my case? Is there something wrong? Waiting sucks!

Nothing you can do. Just wait. Anything anyone will tell you is just guessing.

Best.

I went for my GC interview last week, it seemed to go ok.
AFter asking only three simple questions and yes and no questions, he went into telling us how to renew from temporary to permanent green card. He also said based on my communication with you, I see no problem of you applying for citizenship. etc.
He said I should receive my card in about 2 weeks, and also double checked my mailing address. He said that my gc starts date will be the day he put information in the system, which will be in the next a few days.

When he handed me two piece of paper stapled together, one is the renew of GC instruction, the other is "notice of interview results". Because the interview seemed to go so well, I did not read the notice of interview results carefully in his office, but when I got home, I read it, I noticed that he checked"your case is being held for further review, at this point, you are not required to provide more information, should more information are needed in the future, you will get a notice in the mail, otherwise you will get decision in the mail".

I read other people's experience on the internet that they got online update on the same day of interview or the day after the interview, but for me, 7 days passed, so far I got no online updates at all, and no mail neither. I start to feel anxious now.
I don't know why the IO has to wait this long but not updating my case? Is there something wrong? Waiting sucks!

I am living in Massachusetts, but my bio and fingerprint appointment came to me in another state near to me. Is that means that the interview will take place in the same place?