AOS interview experience only

I think she did it voluntarily and just fed him with this BS... But we'll never know.
you are right but we should learn from this...the point is even when marriage is genuine, if they suspect fraud they will put pressure on USC to withdraw application by giving them various options which will appear very easy and feasible compare to interrogating AOS interview......we should let our spouses know to stay firm with application as genuine couple deserves to be together, forever!!

Adjustment of Status Questions
Location* Question
Various Name and address.
Various Name and Date of Birth of Spouse.
Various When and where did you meet your spouse?
Various Describe this 1st meeting.
Various Did you make arrangements to meet again?
Various Did you exchange phone numbers?
Various When did you meet next?
Various Where were you living at the time? Where was your spouse living?
Various When did you decide to get married? Where were you at the time?
Various Did you live together before marriage?
Various When and where did you get married? How did you and your spouse get to the church, courthouse, etc.?
Various Who were the witnesses to the ceremony?
Various Did you exchange wedding rings?
Various Where had you purchased these rings? Did you and your spouse purchase them together?
Various Did you have a reception after the ceremony?
Various Where was it held?
Various Do you have any photos of the ceremony and /or reception?
Various Describe the reception.
Various Did any of your, and your spouse’s, family members attend? If so, who?
Various Did you go on a honeymoon? If so, when and where?
Various If you did not have a reception, what did you do after the wedding ceremony?
Adjustment of Status Questions Continued...
Location* Question
Various Where did you live after the wedding?
Various Describe the place where you lived right after the marriage. Number of bedrooms and bathrooms; furnishings; color of walls, floor coverings, appliances, etc; type of air conditioning, heating, etc; # of telephones, televisions, etc. Do you have cable television?
Various Where did you get the furniture? Was it already there, did you buy it, was it a gift, or did it come from your, or your spouse’s, previous residence?
Various If brought to the house or apartment, describe how it was transported.
Various Describe your bedroom. Where do you keep your clothes? Where does your spouse keep his or her clothes? Where are the bathroom towels kept? Where do you keep the dirty clothes?
Various Where is the garbage kept in the kitchen?
Various On what day of the week is the garbage picked up?
Various Where do you shop for groceries? Do you go together with your spouse? How do you get there?
Various Where do you work? What days of the week do you work?
Various What hours do you work? What is your salary?
Various What is your telephone # at work?
Various When was the last vacation you had from work?
Various Did you and your spouse go anywhere together at that time?
Various When was the last vacation you and your spouse took together?
Various Where did you go? How did you get there? Describe it.
Various Where does your spouse work? What days of the week? What hours? What is the salary, if you know?
Various What is your spouse’s telephone # at work?
Location* Question
Various When was the last time your spouse got a vacation from work?
Various Do you or your wife have any scars or tattoos? If so, where on the body?
Various Do you know your spouse’s family members? If so, which ones? If your spouse has children from a previous marriage, their names, ages, where they live, and where they go to school, if applicable.
Various Where do you live now? (If different from where you lived right after the marriage, then go over the same questions as above). How much is the rent? When is it paid? How do you pay it?
Various Do you have a bank account together? Where? What kind of account? (Checking, savings).
Various Are both of you listed on the account? (Do you have a bank letter, cancelled checks, etc.?)
Various Did you file a joint tax return this year? Do you have a copy with you?
Various Do you own any property together? What property? Did you bring copies of the documents with you?
Various What kind of automobile do you and your spouse have? Describe them.
Various Do you have an insurance policy listing your spouse as the beneficiary? If so, do you have a copy?
Various Have you taken any trips or vacations together? Do you have photos from these trips?
Various Do you have any utility bills, or receipts from items you have purchased together?
Various What other documentation do you have to show that you are living together as husband and wife?
Various Do you have any pets? What kind, what are their names, and describe them?
Various What did you do for Christmas, New Year’s, your anniversary, or you or your spouse’s last birthday? Did you exchange gifts? If so, what kind of gift?
Various Did you or your spouse go to work yesterday? If so, at what time did you and/or your spouse leave the house and return?
Various Who cooks the meals at the house?
Various What is your spouse’s favorite food? What is your favorite food?
Location* Question
Various Does your spouse drink coffee? If so, does he or she use cream and/or sugar?
Various Did you eat dinner together last night? Did anyone else have dinner with you? What did you have?
Various What time was dinner served? Who cooked it?
Various Did you watch TV after dinner? What shows did you watch?
Various At what time did you go to bed? Who went to bed first?
Various Did you have the air conditioning or heater on?
Various Who woke up first this morning? Did an alarm clock go off?
Various Did you or your spouse take a shower?
Various Did you come to the interview together? Who drove?
Various Did you have breakfast? Where and what did you eat?

My experience was very pleasant and went quite fast. IO called us in (me/wife and 3 kids) and from my own perspective I think the fact that we have kids pretty much made the interview just a formality .IO asked me for my passport w I94 and asked to verify address,DOB for me and my wife. Do we own our house and how long we owned it .Then he paused for a bit and asked me to look at what he was about to do.Which was stamping approved on our paperwork and he said I should get my GC in two weeks.IO never asked me for any documents no photos nothing .He asked if we have any question and my wife asked if he knew where the famous philly cheese steak restaurants are located lol....He told us where he thinks they were and even suggested one close by that was just as good. W e were in his office about ten to fifteen minutes tops .

All in all it was very relaxed and a great experience .It is not a requirement to bring the kids w you but i wanted them to be there to go through this whole process .

My thoughts on this interview is that if your marriage is legitimate you have nothing to worry about .

To those with sham marriages be warned !!!!! There was a couple w their lawyer who got called in 2 hrs ahead of us that was still being grilled in the office next to us .And when we were leaving was still being interviewed quite harshly .with that i mean overhearing the words FRAUD being said repeatedly by the IO . The offices in philly have high ceilings so you can overhear quite clearly whats going on next to you.

One of the questions from IO to the couple " So you went to IHOP one time and IHOP was so good you decided to get married after going out once"

Lawyer for couple was trying to interrupt and IO told lawyer to be quiet .And the "we investigate fraud statement came up again "

At that point we were done with our interview And IO was walking us back to the lobby area.

That is simplistic and quite inaccurate and can lead some people to slack on their preparation. Many genuinely married couples are pu through the wringer, preparation is important. Not everyone has three pieces of incontrovertible evidence in the form of children. :):):)

My thoughts on this interview is that if your marriage is legitimate you have nothing to worry about .

My experience was very pleasant and went quite fast. IO called us in (me/wife and 3 kids) and from my own perspective I think the fact that we have kids pretty much made the interview just a formality .IO asked me for my passport w I94 and asked to verify address,DOB for me and my wife. Do we own our house and how long we owned it .Then he paused for a bit and asked me to look at what he was about to do.Which was stamping approved on our paperwork and he said I should get my GC in two weeks.IO never asked me for any documents no photos nothing .He asked if we have any question and my wife asked if he knew where the famous philly cheese steak restaurants are located lol....He told us where he thinks they were and even suggested one close by that was just as good. W e were in his office about ten to fifteen minutes tops .

All in all it was very relaxed and a great experience .It is not a requirement to bring the kids w you but i wanted them to be there to go through this whole process .

@matt...Thanks matt for sharing your experience in here..I know there is no trouble for genuine couple....GC will be given for sure to genuine couple but point here is without preparation couples doesn't want to go to these strokes interviews nor anyone in here would prefer to wait for their GC for few months or years with RFE hassle in the name of inquiry.

@ananga...you are right kids make "immigration life" really easy ;-D...I have a friend who has overstay of about 15 years and recently he got married to USC...very first thing he said to his wife...we got to have kids right away!! lol.. anyways for one without kids question will be are you planning to have kids?? when??

That is simplistic and quite inaccurate and can lead some people to slack on their preparation. Many genuinely married couples are pu through the wringer, preparation is important. Not everyone has three pieces of incontrovertible evidence in the form of children. :):):)
I 100% agree. Many US spouses know absolutely nothing about immigration. My wife didn't even know what a visa was. advise to everyone: no matter how real your marriage is, always, always, always prepare.

Simplistic it is !! no doubt because it should be if it is real .If you live with someone day in day out there is nothing to hide .

Its not a matter of slacking but just tell the truth .If you got nothing to hide let them dig all they want to their hearts content .I don't

go by the thinking that IO's for the most part are on a mission to put people through misery for no reason.Afterall these are people with

families who may have been through this too at some point or been exposed to the long and hard process .

You can complicate this as much as you like but as I put it this is my AOS experience and it is as simplistic and accurate as it looks .

Will there be legitimate marriages questioned absolutely but it goes back to the fact that if you have nothing to hide then

you have nothing to worry about.

As far as preparation we did not do any at all .The only prep work I did was to make extra copies of original documents so I don't

end up leaving originals needed for my file. When I say we did no preparation of how we met . when . etc.. iI mean nothing cause it's

all stored in my head and my wifes it's called memories .

You are entitled to your opinion. Opinions are free and may be antithetical to the facts. The whiz kid who scored perfectly on the SAT can always claim it was easy.

Simplistic it is !! no doubt because it should be if it is real .If you live with someone day in day out there is nothing to hide .

Its not a matter of slacking but just tell the truth .If you got nothing to hide let them dig all they want to their hearts content .

Antithetical to the facts ? that's beyond ridiculous . The facts are that I went through the process already and know from firsthand experience .Which is way more than I can say of your conjecture based opinion .

And more often than not the horror stories are the one's that have the propensity to be shared and posted . And if I may point out the obvious topic of the thread . "AOS INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE" .

My interview today: we sworn in and IO asked for IDs, Passport>took I-94> naturalization certificate, asked me for address>asked me, my wife's full name, birth date and vise-versa, asked me date of marriage, asked for birth certificate, How we met? Where was it? How long do we date? When we move to live together? When/Why we decide to married? asked for joint bank account, lease, utility bills asked my wife what gift she gave me on my birth date(answer to that was HP touchpad!!),to both of us: how many brothers or sister you have? do you know them?(for my brother to her and for her sisters to me) Do you have health insurance? do have life insurance? asked for wedding pictures.; IO said in your form you said no for drug, arrests etc..has anything changed since then?(answer was no) Now only problem and lesson to learn from entire interview was she asked me for copies of stuff...like utility bills, bank statements etc. I didn't have it so I gave IO originals but only thing I couldn't give was insurance papers...
at the end IO wrote in my passport "section 245 interview 8/25/11 I 485 pending (signature of IO) CR6". IO told me that "if I need more documents you will receive a letter from USCIS,(also told me what was written in passport) whenever you'll receive your permanent resident card it will be under section CR6 because you married to USC"
CR6 is for conditional residence i.e. 2 years GC. So far there is no case update. I am wondering whats going on. I'll post updates as it happens.
People taking interview my advise bring copies of stuff you are bringing to show or give your originals! Good luck to all

Last edited by a moderator:
had my interview today and i think it went on well...got there @ 3 and we got sworn in @ around 3:45pm and the interviewer only concentrated on the i-130 and i-485 question and really didn't want to see the pictures.he only had one issue with my medical form where the doctor didn't fill something right.he gave me envelope to send back the medical form once its fix.he told us he had approved the the i-130 and he can't do anything with the i-485 till he receives the medical form..he asked us if we knew anything about removing the condition from the 2 year greencard we said no and he explained the process.he didn't take my i-94 nor work permit...does that sound ok..

@stomimi I don't think so there is any problem, submit your form ASAP. you will receive your GC. However, I am not sure about i-94. They didn't ask me for AP/work permit as well.

Hi All,

We had also our AOS Interview in NYC last thursday. Our appointment was at 9:30am, but, was a lot of people for interview. Finally I were called almost at 2:00 PM for the I/O. She took us to her office and as soon as we sworn she asked to give her all the copies of support. I put it on her desk then she went thru I485 I130 both G325 affidavid, then, how we met, when, where, how my wife make, where does she work, name of coworkers, name of her parents, brothers and sisters, date of marriage, her children's birthdays, what did we do on our birthdays...was around 30 minutes and the end she wrote OK in some part of her check list and she went over taxes. Finally she said my background checks are pending and as soon as she get them will take a desicion about the case, but, so far everything looked good. She wrote in my Passport my Alien number, CR6, Pending NYC and her I/O number. My doubt is my online status still shows I485 Testing and Interview and I130 shows Initial Review. Somebody knows whats going on? Usually card production comes few hours after the interview.
06-01-11: Forms Sent
06-06-11: Received
06-09-11: Checks cashed and Emails received.
06-13-11: Biometric Appt. 07-12-11
07-12-11: Bio Done OK.
07-23-11: Interview Letter 8-25-11
08-12-11: EAD/AP Combo received.
08-25-11: Interview.
XX-XX-11: ?

Well this is my first post, but throughout my entire AOS process I have being reading this forum weekly (sometimes daily), so I thought that I would put up my interview experience.
My history, I am from Australia, met my wife (USC) 6.5 years ago in Australia, being dating since, lived together in Aus from 2006-2010, when we moved to DFW Texas.
I entered using a B1/B2 visa and have not overstayed.

Time line-
01/16/2011- Last B1/B2 Entry
04/31/2011- Marriage, courthouse wedding, no attendees (families lives too far away, having receptions with both at a later date).
05/29/2011- USCIS priority date, I-485,I-130, I-765, I-131.
06/03/2011- Biometrics Notice- (05/21/2011)
06/21/2011- Completed Biometrics- Fort Worth TX
07/14/2011- Received Interview Appointment- Irving Tx
07/28/2011- Received EAD+ AP Card
08/26/2011- USCIS Interview- Green Card approved, Status changed to card production

The lead-up to the interview process was nerve wracking to say the least, but this forum was a godsend but was still concerned. I have a previous DUI (2005) and had being reading up that it may be a concern/ grounds for inadmissibility. We did not use a lawyer as that was the only, so called black mark on our submission. My interview was 2.15pm, we arrived at 1.40pm and we were sworn in by our official by 2.30pm, She was an extremely polite woman in her 30’s. We were asked a few basic questions, names, date of birth, parent names, what I didn’t understand was she asked me my date of birth, etc, I thought I should have being answering my wifes details, I hope we all know our own details. She asked how we met and when, when she heard that we have being together for over 6 years without a break, she seemed happy.
She then made fun of us, she said that not many aussie’s immigrate and didn’t understand why I would want to leave Australia.
We were then complimented on how well our initial package was put together and that it included all the information that she needed, I had taken two massive folders of additional documents, but she didn’t want to see them, she only looked at our wedding album.

The officer then asked the questions about arrests, crimes, affiliations, etc, I then informed her that I had being charged with DUI in Australia in 2005, she said that it does not matter and that she does not need to see the conviction (such a relief). I told her that I just wanted to be upfront with everything, she agreed and then told us that people try to hide things because their lawyer told them too and that people are then upset when she asks.

She informed me that I would be receiving my Green card in 1-2 weeks and that we were approved for a 2 year conditional card (she then explained what to do in two years). I believe that she had already made her mind up before the interview, my advice to all is to be prepared (better to have too many documents to prove) and be upfront about everything.

Sorry about the long post, just wanted to be helpful like this forum was for me.

Congrats! Excellent post.

Well this is my first post, but throughout my entire AOS process I have being reading this forum weekly (sometimes daily), so I thought that I would put up my interview experience.
My history, I am from Australia, met my wife (USC) 6.5 years ago in Australia, being dating since, lived together in Aus from 2006-2010, when we moved to DFW Texas.
I entered using a B1/B2 visa and have not overstayed.

Time line-
01/16/2011- Last B1/B2 Entry
04/31/2011- Marriage, courthouse wedding, no attendees (families lives too far away, having receptions with both at a later date).
05/29/2011- USCIS priority date, I-485,I-130, I-765, I-131.
06/03/2011- Biometrics Notice- (05/21/2011)
06/21/2011- Completed Biometrics- Fort Worth TX
07/14/2011- Received Interview Appointment- Irving Tx
07/28/2011- Received EAD+ AP Card
08/26/2011- USCIS Interview- Green Card approved, Status changed to card production

The lead-up to the interview process was nerve wracking to say the least, but this forum was a godsend but was still concerned. I have a previous DUI (2005) and had being reading up that it may be a concern/ grounds for inadmissibility. We did not use a lawyer as that was the only, so called black mark on our submission. My interview was 2.15pm, we arrived at 1.40pm and we were sworn in by our official by 2.30pm, She was an extremely polite woman in her 30’s. We were asked a few basic questions, names, date of birth, parent names, what I didn’t understand was she asked me my date of birth, etc, I thought I should have being answering my wifes details, I hope we all know our own details. She asked how we met and when, when she heard that we have being together for over 6 years without a break, she seemed happy.
She then made fun of us, she said that not many aussie’s immigrate and didn’t understand why I would want to leave Australia.
We were then complimented on how well our initial package was put together and that it included all the information that she needed, I had taken two massive folders of additional documents, but she didn’t want to see them, she only looked at our wedding album.

The officer then asked the questions about arrests, crimes, affiliations, etc, I then informed her that I had being charged with DUI in Australia in 2005, she said that it does not matter and that she does not need to see the conviction (such a relief). I told her that I just wanted to be upfront with everything, she agreed and then told us that people try to hide things because their lawyer told them too and that people are then upset when she asks.

She informed me that I would be receiving my Green card in 1-2 weeks and that we were approved for a 2 year conditional card (she then explained what to do in two years). I believe that she had already made her mind up before the interview, my advice to all is to be prepared (better to have too many documents to prove) and be upfront about everything.

Sorry about the long post, just wanted to be helpful like this forum was for me.

Don't depend on the online updates. I think looks like you are fine and once the background checks come through you will go green. No need to stress.

Hi All,

We had also our AOS Interview in NYC last thursday. Our appointment was at 9:30am, but, was a lot of people for interview. Finally I were called almost at 2:00 PM for the I/O. She took us to her office and as soon as we sworn she asked to give her all the copies of support. I put it on her desk then she went thru I485 I130 both G325 affidavid, then, how we met, when, where, how my wife make, where does she work, name of coworkers, name of her parents, brothers and sisters, date of marriage, her children's birthdays, what did we do on our birthdays...was around 30 minutes and the end she wrote OK in some part of her check list and she went over taxes. Finally she said my background checks are pending and as soon as she get them will take a desicion about the case, but, so far everything looked good. She wrote in my Passport my Alien number, CR6, Pending NYC and her I/O number. My doubt is my online status still shows I485 Testing and Interview and I130 shows Initial Review. Somebody knows whats going on? Usually card production comes few hours after the interview.
06-01-11: Forms Sent
06-06-11: Received
06-09-11: Checks cashed and Emails received.
06-13-11: Biometric Appt. 07-12-11
07-12-11: Bio Done OK.
07-23-11: Interview Letter 8-25-11
08-12-11: EAD/AP Combo received.
08-25-11: Interview.
XX-XX-11: ?

Will there be legitimate marriages questioned absolutely but it goes back to the fact that if you have nothing to hide then

you have nothing to worry about.

When legitimate couples run into problems at the interview it's not because of having anything to hide, it's usually because they failed to prepare evidence for what they DON'T want to hide or forgot minor details about their relationship.

Last edited by a moderator: