AOS interview experience only

ThePandya

Registered Users (C)
I couldn't find the thread with interview experience so I am starting one. I would like to request admin to make it sticky so everyone can benefit from it.
I would request community to post their experiences, list of document you brought with you to support your case, if you can post your situation like what status you are adjusting-differences between you and your spouse like age culture etc., outcome of your case and any other relevant information you think will help this community.
I am posting some of the interview experiences I found in this forum.

Experience#1
Surprise visit by USCIS officers!!!
I went for the USCIS interview early Sept.2010. My wife is a USC. We married last Feb after dating for almost two years. We were interviewed separately and video taped.

After the interview, I was told that my Green card was approved and to expect it in the mail in 2- 3 wks. Four days after the interview, two immigration officers came to my house and re-interviewed my wife. I was at work. Since then, there has been no further communication from USCIS. Its been almost three months.

At the interview, my wife missed a few questions.
1. My son from a previous marriage is 6. She said he was 7 yrs old.
2. I give my exwife $1000.00 a month in child support. She said I give her $200 a week.
3. I pay child support by paying my exwife's mortgage online. she said I pay her cash.
4. She missed her sons date of birth. 9/18/96. She said 9/18/2010. YES. Her own son.
5. Our marriage date is 2/11/10. She stated 2/10/10.

No criminal history. I have overstayed a student visa.

When immigration officers came to the house, they asked to look at our bedroom. she refused...stated that she was not comfortable having stragers in her bedroom.
forums immigration com/showthread.php?318813-Surprise-visit-by-USCIS-officers[replace spaces with dots]

Experience#2
My rough interview experience and RFE
Hello,
I've been married for 6 months now and we had our AOS interview at the end of July.
We got seperated right away, I got called in first, asked question for 15-20 minutes (everything was recorded on video) and then my wife got called in, took a seat right next to me and was asked the same questions.
The questions were like; what we did yesterday, how we met, who was present when we first met and so on... Of course our answers matched, we were unsure in like one question. After this the Immigration Offcier started to go through our pictures asking us where they were taken. She was flipping through our joint documents, which we unfortunately didn't have too many (because of my lack of SSN, we couldn't have a joint lease, life insurance...). She got "angry" at us and said: "Is that all you have???". I was like, sorry, this is all. She acted like She didn't want to approve my case the whole time. The interview lasted for about 45-50 minutes. I was sweating in the last 10. She started to flip through all the papers again, while She sighed big, like She wants this day to be over already. She printed out a paper and handed it to me, it was a RFE asking for three affidavits that know us as a couple and must be notarizad. We were given 30 days to fulfill the request. Of course I sent in the three letters the next week but I haven't heard anything from them since then. The online tracker is still at "Inital Review" both on the I-130 and the I-485 status.
When can I expect something from them? Why were we interrogated like this? We're both white, I'm 27, my wife is 25 no cultural or relgion differences or anything like that. I'm just really nervous, even though I sent in the RFE papers, I'm not so sure now that we are going to get approved. Has anybody experienced anything like this on this forum?
forums immigration com/showthread.php?316040-My-rough-interview-experience-and-RFE[replace spaces with dots]

Another Experience I found
is there any special situation for you case that thye didn't approve on the interview day ?
Can you please post your interview experience here ?
Yes, I can definitely say it was my fault (I filed for my husband with no help from an attorney). There was a line in the application that asked if there was a prior case for I485 filed for the person.

Since my husband had been married before and I was filing for all of the packets, I assumed that he had a prior case for all of them. In actuality, he actually only had a prior I765 and never got the chance to file for I130 or I485. I assumed his exwife did so I stated that the case expired. When the IO saw that, she said that she had to check and see if the case was still in the system.

It's a special case, but I know the case isn't in the system because it was never filed, plus he's been divorced from his ex-wife for 6 years.

Our experience at the Atlanta DO was this:

We came in approximately 30 minutes earlier than our appointment. We went to the window to notify them that we were here for our interview, which, in turn, the receptionist gave us a receipt showing our appointment time. We then went upstairs to the 3rd? floor and waited to be called in. There was only one other couple there waiting to be called in. We were called in about 15 minutes later.

I don't remember the all of the questions asked but she basically went through our package and asked us random questions from the package, confirming everything. She asked why we married so quickly (Married 7/2010, Filed 10/2010 but had been together almost a year before getting married) and said that I just knew he was the one. She also asked what I knew about the immigration process and I said that my family heritage is African so I've always known about the immigration process. Not sure if that was such a good answer.

After the problem with "previous case" was seen, she left the room as if she were going to go check something and then came back and said she needs to check if the previous case was still in the system. She said if we don't hear anything, that we'll receive the card in the mail in 3 - 4 weeks. I asked her how long it would be if we're going to hear something. She said that she had a large case load so just to wait. We were basically out of there in 30 minutes, but I was disappointed that we didn't get our approval that day.

Experience #2
I have different case from everyone here. But since you want to know, here we are. I started in 2009 cause i was in removal. I had a very long I-130 interview about 2 hours. The officier seperated my wife and I.He got me first for about an hour.Then my wife for the same questions.All ours answers were the same 100%.It was about how we met? and what we did last week end. After we finish he said very good, everything is parfect. And he approved right away.Then the judge terminated my removal 4 months later i had my interview notice. But we moved to another state before the interview. So at the interview the officier find out, and why we didn't transfer the case. We told him we want to finish here. And he if he send the GC to my atlanta address can i still get it we said yes. we got all our mail in atlanta, then he said fine.The interview was only the yes and no questions.And asked me my full name date of birth, my mother and father names. But didn't ask my wife anything.But he didn't have my file on his sytem, and said he cant approve me today. He did A file request, and told us it will take about to 2 weeks. And if dont get anything in to 2 weeks to call him back. He didn't take my EAD or anything.He asked if i was arrested i said yes for traffic ticket, he said that is not a crime dont worry about it.The only thing he asked was the latter from the judge state my removal was terminated. And my wife gave him that. My wife asked him if he want more prouves, and he said no cause we have everything fine. But he took them anyway and made a copy of them.he was very nice. since then it been 2 months i havent receive anything yet. And anytime i call the 1800 they told to wait for 90 days. Did infos pass they told the file arrived in. and it is with the officier for decision to wait 2 weeks again. The problem at the infos pass was i couldn't remember the interview officier name. and now the 2 weeks has past nothing.

Experience #3
Today we have our interview scheduled at 8:45 AM , reached there around 8:15 AM . We went with our Son ( 2 yrs old) no problem even they allowed his water bottle, went to first floor check-in/Reception ( it was different in last Nov for my citizensive interview I went straight to 2nd floor check-in counter) , gave us a ticket and told us to wait in 3rd floor.
Around 8:30 AM , one very serious looking officer came and took three of us to his room. After swearing , he just went through all info in I-130 and I - 485 . Took the I-94 card and AP paper and cancel my wife's current F1 visa in her passport . Then he asked about our son ( bdate , bcertificate ) also asked if we want to add any documents in our file , so we gave him some utility bills , 2010 tax return , he said he didn't need any more .. We had some typo in I-485 and we corrected when he was going through all the questions.
Most of the time he was constantly working on the comp and updating stuffs there .. no more questions on anything .. then he printed a letter which says that your I-551 is approved and we should get the card in 30 -60 days .. and if we need to travel before getting the card , we should get info pass and take a temporay stamp for the approval. He then congratulates us ..
That's it .. it took 10 -15 mins ..
While commning back to home we got the CPO SMS and email.

One more thing .. we were very confused whether to take our son to the interview or not , so my wife went to USCIS ATL office with an infopass last week and they told us we should bring our child .. there shouldn't be any problem.

Experience#4
my interview experience
I reached the office at about 6:45 ( interview was at 7:15) i was the 3rd couple called for the interview but what freaked me out a lot was a female officer that came to pick up the 2nd couple , she came in the waiting area and called a number , for a few seconds , nobody answered ( apparently , everyone in the room, including me, was expected to be called by their name not a number.after a few more seconds , a couple came forward and the guy said politely " excuse madam, my name is ....... " and the officer replied " I DON T GIVE A F**K ABOUT YOUR NAME WHEN I CALL YOUR NUMBER , YOU JUST COME FORWARD THAT S ALL". anyway, after maybe 15 minutes i heard someone call my number . i was greeted by young and very polite lady ( Latina style) but also very professional .
first thing she does was to make us swear to tell the truth and the rest and she started asking question like how we met, describe you first meeting, she asked Me for my wife s birthday, then MY wife for my birthday and then , she asked me when was the last time i traveled outside the country after my marriage and my response was " 2 weeks after the marriage " that s when she said" THAT s gonna be a problem" when asked why she said i should not have but after looking at my file , she realized that during the period,i was traveling on my tourist visa and , as i had not applied for any benefit at that time it was perfectly legal to do so( i applied for AOS about 6 months after marriage) then she started asking about my ex wife who came here as asylum next question was if i still keep contact with my Ex witch i answered YES cause we have a kid together she then asked my wife the same question in witch she answered YES for when she comes to drop the kid but she keeps a boundary then she asked about my relations with my in laws, same question to my wife, next was who witness the ceremony , if we had a reception, what things we do together, do we take vacation , who support who and then , came with the yes or no questions then at the end she asked if we had any document together but she precisely asked for pictures( we had pics, power bill, bank account, car title auto insurance) we did not have the house in both our name because my wife had the house long before we got married we also did not file tax together because i did not have my social sec number at the time of filing which she understood pretty well. After that she said she had everything she wanted and we will receive something in the mail in about 2 weeks

MY ADVICE : it s usually NOT a good idea when you say too much during these interview but when my wife THE PETITIONER said things like : My mom is coming next month, or my husband loves steak but never tries to cook, or my husband would kill to watch an episode of csi also be prepared( the petitioner) to give a short explanation like " when he watches CSI , he would not know if the house is in fire or he wont even answer my call" These things are sometimes embarrassing but sometimes they help if you don't say too much cause at the end they show that you know your spouse habit . BUT again from what i understand , each officer is different
forums immigration com/showthread.php?321512-AtlantaGAI485Timeline&highlight=interview+experience [replace spaces with dots]

I couldn't find the thread with interview experience so I am starting one. I would like to request admin to make it sticky so everyone can benefit from it.
I would request community to post their experiences, list of document you brought with you to support your case, if you can post your situation like what status you are adjusting-differences between you and your spouse like age culture etc., outcome of your case and any other relevant information you think will help this community.
I am posting some of the interview experiences I found in this forum.

Experience#1
Surprise visit by USCIS officers!!!
I went for the USCIS interview early Sept.2010. My wife is a USC. We married last Feb after dating for almost two years. We were interviewed separately and video taped.

After the interview, I was told that my Green card was approved and to expect it in the mail in 2- 3 wks. Four days after the interview, two immigration officers came to my house and re-interviewed my wife. I was at work. Since then, there has been no further communication from USCIS. Its been almost three months.

At the interview, my wife missed a few questions.
1. My son from a previous marriage is 6. She said he was 7 yrs old.
2. I give my exwife $1000.00 a month in child support. She said I give her $200 a week.
3. I pay child support by paying my exwife's mortgage online. she said I pay her cash.
4. She missed her sons date of birth. 9/18/96. She said 9/18/2010. YES. Her own son.
5. Our marriage date is 2/11/10. She stated 2/10/10.

No criminal history. I have overstayed a student visa.

When immigration officers came to the house, they asked to look at our bedroom. she refused...stated that she was not comfortable having stragers in her bedroom.
forums immigration com/showthread.php?318813-Surprise-visit-by-USCIS-officers[replace spaces with dots]

Experience#2
My rough interview experience and RFE
Hello,
I've been married for 6 months now and we had our AOS interview at the end of July.
We got seperated right away, I got called in first, asked question for 15-20 minutes (everything was recorded on video) and then my wife got called in, took a seat right next to me and was asked the same questions.
The questions were like; what we did yesterday, how we met, who was present when we first met and so on... Of course our answers matched, we were unsure in like one question. After this the Immigration Offcier started to go through our pictures asking us where they were taken. She was flipping through our joint documents, which we unfortunately didn't have too many (because of my lack of SSN, we couldn't have a joint lease, life insurance...). She got "angry" at us and said: "Is that all you have???". I was like, sorry, this is all. She acted like She didn't want to approve my case the whole time. The interview lasted for about 45-50 minutes. I was sweating in the last 10. She started to flip through all the papers again, while She sighed big, like She wants this day to be over already. She printed out a paper and handed it to me, it was a RFE asking for three affidavits that know us as a couple and must be notarizad. We were given 30 days to fulfill the request. Of course I sent in the three letters the next week but I haven't heard anything from them since then. The online tracker is still at "Inital Review" both on the I-130 and the I-485 status.
When can I expect something from them? Why were we interrogated like this? We're both white, I'm 27, my wife is 25 no cultural or relgion differences or anything like that. I'm just really nervous, even though I sent in the RFE papers, I'm not so sure now that we are going to get approved. Has anybody experienced anything like this on this forum?
forums immigration com/showthread.php?316040-My-rough-interview-experience-and-RFE[replace spaces with dots]
Ok now we need some easy interview experiences.

My AOS in Boston (way back in 2003) was an easy one. My A-file had not reached the Boston DO by that time. However the interview still took place.

Once we entered the room and took the oath, this is what transpired.

Officer (to me): First marriage?
Me: Yes
Officer (to my wife): First marriage?
Wife: Yes
Officer (to me): Any kids?
Me: No (while smiling)
Officer (to my wife): Any kids?
Wife: No

He then went through the Yes/No questions in section 3C of the I-485 form

Officer: Okay I am done. Once I review your original A-file, we will send you a decision in the mail.

I got my AOS approval 3 months after that interview in the mail.

LMAO true, give us some of the easy ones.:(

@Ananga73 relax I posted the tough interview experiences first so everyone can understand that its important understand about interview process. I wish no one else ever have similar experience ;-)
Another experience I found. ............
We got there about 15 minutes early and had to wait 45 min until our number was called. Our IO was an older gentleman, he looked a little serious when we walked up and I got worried. So he sat us down and ask for our ID's and my I-94 card, Passport & EAD card. He checked the I-94 card and my passport and said that the year on the card and the entry in my passport dont match. For some reason when they stamped the I-94 card, the last number of the year was only printed half, it was hard to read. So after explaining to him that that is the same year and him using a magnifiant glass, he was satisfied. After we figured that, he swore us in.
He went thru the I-485 questions ask me whats my name is, our address, he ask my husband what my DOB is, where I was born and what my mom's name is. He was serious, but he made a few jokes here and there, so it wasnt too bad. He asked what my husband does for living, what kind of company etc. and if I work or if I'm going to be a housewife/homemaker. haha. (he really did say that) He didnt ask for any other evidence, no pictures nothing, maybe he was scared cause I brought this huge photoalbum with me. hehe.
After I would say 20 minutes of questioning, he stamped APPROVED on our application. He said we should receive the greencard within the next 2-3 weeks.

Thats it. I'm so thankful and so relieved we are done with this process for the next 2 years. I dont think I realized how stressed out I was until I saw the APPROVED stamped and I could actually breathe again.

Thank you February Filers for the support, I wish everyone who still has interviews ahead of them good luck. Just remember to keep calm and make sure you both know all the answers on the form I-485.

forums immigration com/showthread.php?321512-AtlantaGAI485Timeline&highlight=interview+experien ce [replace spaces with dots]

another one.......
hello all,
as you all know by now that i was approved yday. I do not think its my doing or any man's but God's doing. i will advise that you be comfortable and do not how any signs of nervousness as that usually raises flags to the IO. please see below for my experience:

My interview was scheduled for 11:30am but arrived at 10:55am, we proceeded to signing in and sat down around 11am. there were a lot of ppl so we thought we would probably wont be called in till about 2pm based on the number of ppl before us, but to our surprise, we were called in less than 5mins after been seated. Our IO messed up d pronunciation of my name and she apologized as we walked up to her.she said her 11am appointment has not showed up so she decided to call us in. She was really cool and friendly, she walked us into her office where we took our oath b4 being asked to take a seat. She proceeded confirm all the information on the I130 and I485 ( name, address, socials, DOB etc), then she asked the Yes and NO questions. she also looked at the our docs that were sent in, she asked for our IDs and took my I94. i was surprised she did not ask for my EAD card (should i be worried). She then proceeded to ask if we had pix and i showed her the few we brought, about 25-30 (mostly wedding pix and a few(4-5) that we took randomly. she commented on my good dress sense . The only question she asked that was not on the forms was to tell her how we met, and we asked who would she like to have answer that and she said it does not make a diff. we both gave her the story of how we met and then she said the MAGICAL word " I will APPROVE this application". she did not ask for anything else or any of those crazy questions ppl make you believe they would ask. then she told us about the conditional GC and how we would be back in 2yrs for this same kinda interview. i tried to have her stamp my passport as we plan on going to Canada at the end of the month, but she said the did away with the stamps. she said i should receive my GC in 6weeks ( but i know i will get it sooner). she walked us to the door and once again congratulated us.
I have not received my Card Production email but i know all is well.

i believe the application was approved b4 we got their based on the depth of our documents and also the fact that my wife n i were very comfortable and was laughing and cracking jokes with her about the pronunciation of my name and my son's name. I wish every1 who is yet to interview Good luck and i thank God that i was in and out under 10 minutes just like @fion... we walked out of the building at 11:09am when my interview was actually scheduled for 11:30. please let me know if you have any questions and i hope this helps every1 who is preparing for their interview.

as always link is forums immigration com/showthread.php?321817-March-2011-Filers/page15[replace spaces with dots]

love the thread, wish someone would've had this idea before my interview, cause i was freakin out. LOL. here is my experience, hope it helps some people on here.

My Background: Got to the US in 2004, overstayed visa. Married my husband last year. (2010)

Interview Experience:We got there about 15 minutes early and had to wait 45 min until our number was called. Our IO was an older gentleman, he looked a little serious when we walked up and of course, I got worried. So he sat us down and ask for our ID's and my I-94 card, Passport & EAD card. He checked the I-94 card and my passport and said that the year on the card and the entry in my passport dont match. For some reason when they stamped the I-94 card, the last number of the year was only printed half, it was hard to read. So after explaining to him that that is the same year and him using a magnifiant glass, he was satisfied. After that, he swore us in.
He went thru the I-485 questions ask me what my name is, our address, he ask my husband what my DOB is, where I was born and what my mom's name is. He was serious, but he made a few jokes here and there. He asked what my husband does for living, what kind of company etc. and if I work or if I'm going to be a housewife/homemaker. haha. (he really did say that) He didnt ask for any other evidence, no pictures nothing, maybe he was scared cause I brought this huge photoalbum with me. :)
After I would say 20 minutes of questioning, he stamped APPROVED on our application. He said we should receive the greencard within the next 2-3 weeks.

The best advice I can give anyone at the interview, be honest, be calm dont freak out, and before the interview go over the applications with your spouse, make sure you both know the answers to all the questions on the I-130, I-485 etc.

Hope this helps, good luck to everyone that has upcoming interviews.

My interview was just 7 days ago and I am already forgetting a lot that was said. Here's a general outline of what I do remember:

Got there 45 minutes early. Waited for an hour and a half for the interview. As soon as we entered, we were asked to take oath, and then sit down.

He asked us to provide IDs, I-94 etc. He went through our G-325 and I-485 and asked us about each others' dates of birth, birthplace, current address, date of marriage, place of marriage, etc, and*whether we were married before, had kids etc. There was a sticking point where my wife didn't know my mother's name, and said she just calls her ammi (urdu for mom).

He asked how I came into country (student) and if I was currently working, to which I said no. He asked my wife if she was supporting me completely financially and she said yes. I'm guessing he was looking through I-864 when asking this stuff.

Then he looked at the photos we took with us. We had included photos of the two of us over the last 8 years of relationship. He asked where photos of the families were and I said oh I didn't know I was supposed to put them, and that I thought a progression of relationship shown through photos would be enough. He asked if we had met each others' families to which we said yes. He repeated this question to each of us.

He looked through documentation we had provided for validity of marriage. The papers we had submitted were USPS address change confirmation for both of us, utility bills in my name for our address, cell phone bill for our family plan which her brother is also on, health insurance card, auto insurance card, joint bank account. He asked why there was no lease, to which I said the apartment complex was requiring 3*rent monthly income from each person so I was not able to get on lease. He asked how come there was only one car on auto insurance, and we said that we share the car. He looked a little incredulous. He asked if I drive, and I said yes. He asked if I drive that particular car and I said yes. He then asked us if we both had our apartment keys, and only I had mine. I showed him the keys, and she said she had left hers at home because I was driving. The car keys were also clearly visible to him.

After that, he asked us to gather our belongings. He sorted out which papers he needed to keep, including the I-94. Then he said we would have my green card within a month and that he would do the final steps right away after we left. Then he led us out.

The status was updated online the same day cards were being issued.

General experience: I thought the IO acted distant and disaffected throughout, which is pretty common. It is usually that or hostility in my experience, so I was happy enough. My wife found his demeanor weird though. I was slightly nervous throughout, which I'm guessing is usual. It did not affect my ability to answer questions without any hesitation. My wife was calm and confident, as she usually is.

Last edited by a moderator:
My interview experience today

I had my interview at 9am today. It all looked pretty harmless, just going through 485 and 130. The officer asked for proof of marriage and staying together which we had plenty. She seemed satisfied with what we gave. She went through the standard "No" questions in 485 too.

She took my i-94 and stapled it to my application packet. However, at the end she gave me a letter saying my application is being continued as they don't have my IBIS security check on file yet. She said we will hear from them in 1-3 months. She closed my file and wrote IBIS on the cover. I have never even heard of this check until today.

I haven't received any info on my EAD/AP application also (it's been 65 days) and I am wondering may be the delay is due to this check...Oh well, trying to stay positive and see what happens.

Update at 2:15pm: card production ordered

To my pleasant surprise, I got the email/txt saying that card production has been ordered. Very very very relieved as I was worried this IBIS security check was going to take forever.

Thank you so much for all your insights and help...and what can I say! this board is probably the best when it comes to discussing family based AOS. I guess it's time to enjoy a cold one :)

I had my interview at 9am today. It all looked pretty harmless, just going through 485 and 130. The officer asked for proof of marriage and staying together which we had plenty. She seemed satisfied with what we gave. She went through the standard "No" questions in 485 too.

She took my i-94 and stapled it to my application packet. However, at the end she gave me a letter saying my application is being continued as they don't have my IBIS security check on file yet. She said we will hear from them in 1-3 months. She closed my file and wrote IBIS on the cover. I have never even heard of this check until today.

I haven't received any info on my EAD/AP application also (it's been 65 days) and I am wondering may be the delay is due to this check...Oh well, trying to stay positive and see what happens.

Congrats man. That took only about two months! Super fast

Hi Guys,

I had my interview 8:30 this morning at the Tampa, Fl field office. The interview lasted literally, 5 mins! Firtly, the IO checked our IDs. He then proceeded to go through standard I-485 information. He then asked if we have any evidence to show it is a bonafide marriage that we want to submit. I asked if he wanted copies, or originals, he said copies. I have him our account statement, furniture we purchased together and insurance policy with my husband as beneficiary (I already sumitted our lease with our application). I asked if he wanted to see pictures, he said, he'll look at them but he didn't need them for our file. He asked how we met, and I replied at his sister's wedding reception. THAT WAS IT.

He then said, Ok, "congratulations, you are a permanent resident." He said, “I don't need to drill you guys bec acuse I have already reviewed you application and got the feel for it. When you are doing this for a while, you kinda know.” He then went on to stamp my passport.

Hi Guys,

He then said, Ok, "congratulations, you are a permanent resident." He said, “I don't need to drill you guys bec acuse I have already reviewed you application and got the feel for it. When you are doing this for a while, you kinda know.” He then went on to stamp my passport.

Congratulations!!! Damn that is sweet, short and to the point.

I think everyone should know this

Here's one i found on this blog http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?326630-i751-denied

i751 denied
my wife and i went for an i751 interview and we were seperated.at the end of the interview my wife came out and said she withdrew the application cos the immigration officer told her she was going to jail because the was too many discrepancies on our ans,which she said she knows was not true. we are still married and i got a letter of denial form uscis thaty my conditoional green card has been terminted because my wife withdrew application and that she stated she regretted marrying me and that we rushed into getting married. what do i do about my job and how do i go about it now. thanks for your help

What I would advise all genuinely married couple is to let their spouse know that no matter what don't withdraw application....

Here's one i found on this blog http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?326630-i751-denied

i751 denied
my wife and i went for an i751 interview and we were seperated.at the end of the interview my wife came out and said she withdrew the application cos the immigration officer told her she was going to jail because the was too many discrepancies on our ans,which she said she knows was not true. we are still married and i got a letter of denial form uscis thaty my conditoional green card has been terminted because my wife withdrew application and that she stated she regretted marrying me and that we rushed into getting married. what do i do about my job and how do i go about it now. thanks for your help

What I would advise all genuinely married couple is to let their spouse know that no matter what don't withdraw application....
I think she did it voluntarily and just fed him with this BS... But we'll never know.