AOS interview experience only

When legitimate couples run into problems at the interview it's not because of having anything to hide, it's usually because they failed to prepare carry for what they DON'T want to hide or forgot minor details about their relationship.

That's called the human factor where we all forget things.These IO's are not inhuman robots who do not know what real life is.They know and understand that life happens to everyone .

But for the most part we all remember details cause it is real and in memory.Which is the difference between a sham marriage and a real one . You can tell when when people are feeding you a line of nonsense or telling the truth .

I ask my wife my own siblings birthdays my moms b'day and i would have asked her straight out if the question came up in the interview.Cause i just do not keep track of these things never have never will. And as I mentioned earlier in this post we literally did not do any remmember these and that preparation whatsoever .

I brought a total of ten pictures from when the kids were born but the IO never asked to see anything no bills no statements nothing.
He asked when we bought the house and told him when and I told him straight out my names not on it for obvious reasons.And he said i understand completely.That point he told me to look at what he was doing which was stamping approved on my paperwork.

Asked if I have any questions and that he would put everything in as soon as we leave and I should have my GC in 2 weeks .I asked about the stamp in passport and he said they don't do that anymore cause it was being faked and they do GC faster now .

So do I tell everyone here to not prepare ?No you do what you feel comfortable with .cause it is your life your situation .Every situation will be a bit unique and require it's own direction.

But in the end a truly legitimate marriage will overcome any hurdles they throw at you.Some will go smoother than others cause that's life .

This part of your statement is a complete fabrication. Stop spreading this falsehood. There are legitimately married couples who have had their cases denied and the foreign petitioner put in removal proceedings AND deported.

Thanks.

But in the end a truly legitimate marriage will overcome any hurdles they throw at you..

The only thing fabricated here is you and your know it all demeanor. You like to preach as though you are the final word and your ideas are the rule.

You have not even gone through it yet so save your doomsday mentality and stop trying to villify the IO's and the process.

Just because your outlook on life is it's always half empty doesn't mean your right. The glass is half full makes it better for most except you of course.

Fabricated lol.... you are ridiculous as I have said before.

I do not know what world you live in but in mine the truth serves it's purpose .Maybe you have something to hide hence the negative attitude towards being truthful.

The system is set-up to weed out the real marriages from the fake one's .Will there be real one's that slip through the cracks ? of course but that's not a regular occurence . There will be exceptions to the norm in any process that's part of it.

The system is not perfect but I do not dwell on what bad can happen like you. I preffer to see the good that can come out of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's called the human factor where we all forget things.These IO's are not inhuman robots who do not know what real life is.They know and understand that life happens to everyone .

Some of them are evil robots who don't know what real life is. Most of them are not like that, but a couple with the misfortune of facing one of the evil robots better have a good supply of documents and a good memory of numerous details of their relationship.

Glass half empty as well eh...

Prepare as much or as little as you want but to influence or imply to future "legitimate" couples to go through the process with negative reservations.Such as the system is aimed or out to destroy legitimate relationships is reckless and irresponsible.

Unlike those with issues to hide I went throught this AOS experience open minded and enjoyed the whole process with my family .

We were talking about where to get the best cheese steak in philly with the IO. He was telling us to go to south philly where he had the best one and he passes it on his way home all the time . I guess the evil robot needs to eat too instead of just plugging in and recharge.

............ now some more interview experience please. Always feels good to hear positive stories.......goodluck to us all

We were asked a few basic questions, names, date of birth, parent names, what I didn’t understand was she asked me my date of birth, etc, I thought I should have being answering my wifes details, I hope we all know our own details. She asked how we met and when, when she heard that we have being together for over 6 years without a break, she seemed happy.

Congrats on getting your GC!

I think the reason they ask such basic identity questions to see if we are telling the truth. If someone asked you a simple question such as DOB and you are sweating bullets and are nervous that you have to think about it, then that could be a red flag. Also, some people write down ddmmyy when the form might ask for mmddyy and if you have a birthday like me it could mean one of two different dates depending on how it is written.

I forgot to update here about my GC card production...so after smooth but no decision interview, I received card production email next day.
My interview today: we sworn in and IO asked for IDs, Passport>took I-94> naturalization certificate, asked me for address>asked me, my wife's full name, birth date and vise-versa, asked me date of marriage, asked for birth certificate, How we met? Where was it? How long do we date? When we move to live together? When/Why we decide to married? asked for joint bank account, lease, utility bills asked my wife what gift she gave me on my birth date(answer to that was HP touchpad!!),to both of us: how many brothers or sister you have? do you know them?(for my brother to her and for her sisters to me) Do you have health insurance? do have life insurance? asked for wedding pictures.; IO said in your form you said no for drug, arrests etc..has anything changed since then?(answer was no) Now only problem and lesson to learn from entire interview was she asked me for copies of stuff...like utility bills, bank statements etc. I didn't have it so I gave IO originals but only thing I couldn't give was insurance papers...
at the end IO wrote in my passport "section 245 interview 8/25/11 I 485 pending (signature of IO) CR6". IO told me that "if I need more documents you will receive a letter from USCIS,(also told me what was written in passport) whenever you'll receive your permanent resident card it will be under section CR6 because you married to USC"
CR6 is for conditional residence i.e. 2 years GC. So far there is no case update. I am wondering whats going on. I'll post updates as it happens.
People taking interview my advise bring copies of stuff you are bringing to show or give your originals! Good luck to all

YAy it went very well!!! The interview was really quick! It literally lasted 10min. My husband and I got in earl, the room was packed! We checked in and then sat there to wait. About 20min later this young guy calls us in. He swore us in, then asked for our ids(he took my i-94 when i handed him my passport). Then started asking me questions from my i-485, like my name, where I was born, my mom's name. Then the no's questions from i-485, to both of us. He asked us how we met. Then he asked me if P was my husband, he asked me my husband's name, date of birth, where we got married, if our family was there. He was really in a hurry so these were quick-fired questions. I gave him an album which he flipped through really fast. He asked if we had any evidence to submit, we gave him a whole pile of things. Then he said ok I'm gonna end the interview here, i will review your file but I'm inclined to approve your application, so you will be hearing from us in 30 days, you'll get your green card in the mail.!!!!
I say if your case is straightforward, if you send a lot of evidence initially, and your marriage is legitimate, there should be no problems!
God is good!! :)
I checked my status on the uscis website and it says card in production!

I wonder if the card will come under my maiden name :( i couldnt change my name bc here in pennsylvania as a tourist you cant do anything :(

I wonder if the card will come under my maiden name :( i couldnt change my name bc here in pennsylvania as a tourist you cant do anything :(

To get the GC with your new name, all you had to do is show the marriage certificate (which you have to do anyway for a marriage-based interview) and ask the interviewer to print the GC with your married name.

Now it looks like the card will have your maiden name, and you'll have to pay to get it changed. Or you can keep using your maiden name until it's time to apply for the 10-year card.

To get the GC with your new name, all you had to do is show the marriage certificate (which you have to do anyway for a marriage-based interview) and ask the interviewer to print the GC with your married name.

Now it looks like the card will have your maiden name, and you'll have to pay to get it changed. Or you can keep using your maiden name until it's time to apply for the 10-year card.
how much does it cost to get t replaced? I was so nervous i forgot to ask :( but maybe they'll see that I wrote my married name in the form where it says other names used :'(

how much does it cost to get t replaced?
$450. See http://www.uscis.gov/i-90

I was so nervous i forgot to ask :( but maybe they'll see that I wrote my married name in the form where it says other names used :'(

Sorry, but they use the "other names used" for other tasks like background checks and to help with cross-checking any previous immigration documents in your prior name. You should have written your married name in the appropriate section of the I-485 where it asks for your current name, and your maiden name in "other names used". Having failed to do that, the other option is to ask the interviewer to have your married name printed on the card. You did neither, so your GC will have your maiden name.

the other option is to ask the interviewer to have your married name printed on the card.

Exactly, I wasn't thinking and applied in my maiden name too but at the interview I specifically asked whether it can be printed in the married name. She said ok. The card hasn't arrived yet so we'll see if it works out.

beautifulorchid
, $450 is a lot of money, I would probably wait as well.