Anyone with a lawsuit against USCIS or thinking about a lawsuit (Merged)

I agree with lazycis, the ID is too far off. Normally they can invite you to an interview within 3weeks if they want. I will say continue with the lawsuit. Besides, have you recieved the interview letter itself??

Great news! I would push for ID in early March, considering approaching wedding (this would give you an opportunity to push 1447b if there are no decision in 3 months). You can discuss it with AUSA - s/he will have to file something soon, in my understanding. Keep in mind that you do not have to consent to any AUSA proposal unless it's in your best interest.

Good morning everyone ... I just got the best phone call ever. I got a call from DHS. They informed me that my interview is scheduled for April 17. I am still on cloud nine from this news .. I can not believe it ... Thank you very much for everyone who helped me through this ..Cregan, Lazycis, Jefkorn, Mr Vertigo and all of you ..It was the best 400 dollars I ever spent ..wish me luck guys and I will keep you updated. By the way, does anyone know the oath dates for Kansas City ? I hope I will get sworn in before I leave for my wedding on June 23rd.

Congrats! It was a long and at times challenging trip for you - but you're getting close. There is a light at the end of the tunnel... now, like cregan said, get to studying ;)

Vorpal, OMG it is :)

mustafa34kc, go for it. Yep too far in the future ;) we've been waiting so long that now with a date the suspense is there :)

Thank you guys .. I have not received the letter yet. I guess I can bargain with the AUSA about that. I will dismiss my case, if they would be willing to change my ID to a date in early March ? what do you guys think ?

Thank you guys .. I have not received the letter yet. I guess I can bargain with the AUSA about that. I will dismiss my case, if they would be willing to change my ID to a date in early March ? what do you guys think ?

By no means do not dismiss your case until you take an oath.
Bargain with AUSA - tell him that you agree to hold case in abeyance (suspense) until the interview. Explain that you have a wedding coming. AUSA does not want to work on MTD or reply, filing extension is much easier for him. AUSA can push USCIS for an earlier date.

By no means do not dismiss your case until you take an oath.
Bargain with AUSA - tell him that you agree to hold case in abeyance (suspense) until the interview. Explain that you have a wedding coming. AUSA does not want to work on MTD or reply, filing extension is much easier for him. AUSA can push USCIS for an earlier date.
Thank you Sir .. I will pay them a visit tomorrow and see what I can find out for sure. I will keep you updated.

Hi,

I am the user just registered. I am going to file WOM since my I-485 has been pending in Chicago local office for more than 4-years. My question is that: What are the names for those defendants: Who is the Secretary of Department of Homland Security? What is the name for U.S.Citizenship and immigration Severce? who is the Federal Bureau of Investigation?

WOM related

I have another question, My husband was once layoffed in 2006. He applied unempoyment benifits for about 7 months. During this time he went back to China to see his monther for about 2 months, but we keep applying the benifits, since he was keeping searching for jobs. Now we are worried if there is any legal problem.

Shugemama, if it is unemployment benefits - it's ok. Unemployment benefits are an earned benefit. Should not cause any problems.

Awesome. The AUSA called and asked me for a 30 day extension to get my case fully adjusticated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks to lazycis and jefkorn

Dear Lazycis and jefkorn,

I am just writing to thank you guys for your never ending help and tremendous contributions to this thread. With you, this process is so simple now. I am very thankful to you for helping the forum members a lot. I don't know how people might be able to do themselves if your help and contributions were not there.

May God bless you and shower the mercy on both of you.

I sent N-400 on 11/18/08 and waiting for my interview with NYC as DO.

All the best and keep the good work. Thanks again.

Vital

Thanks Cregan.

My question is that my husband asked for employment benifits at the periods he was traveling in China. Is it O.K??

Shugemama, State unemployment benefits are a State benefit and not Federal benefit. Some State allow traveling while claiming benefits, you should be ok, unless you lied ;) then that would be another story. Based on what you said that he was still looking for jobs, you should be fine

Hi,

I am the user just registered. I am going to file WOM since my I-485 has been pending in Chicago local office for more than 4-years. My question is that: What are the names for those defendants: Who is the Secretary of Department of Homland Security? What is the name for U.S.Citizenship and immigration Severce? who is the Federal Bureau of Investigation?

Janet Napolitano, Secretary of the Department of Homeland Security

Michael Aytes, Director (acting), United States Citizenship and Immigration Services

Robert S. Mueller, III, Director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation

Janet Napolitano, Secretary of the Department of Homeland Security

Michael Aytes, Director (acting), United States Citizenship and Immigration Services

Robert S. Mueller, III, Director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation

Hey Lazycis ..do you happen to know when are the oath dates are scheduled for Kansas City for 2009 ? I can not seem to find them

Awesome. The AUSA called and asked me for a 30 day extension to get my case fully adjusticated.

Unreal! I think that my original suspicion about your file being lost was correct. Filing a WOM made them move their lazy asses and find it.