Anyone with a lawsuit against USCIS or thinking about a lawsuit (Merged)

Hey cregan,
We must have hit Submit at the same time :) They have 60 days and it's been only three weeks, they still have almost quit a bit of time. It's not really your headache that AUSA hasn't been assigned yet. But you could call after fourth week to inquire about who is handling the case.
It's possible ( just pure speculation) that someone may have inquired USCIS about the case and knowing that you are scheduled for interview, they may be taking it easy and considering it a done deal.

Hi mustafa34kc,
Inconsistent information is the biggest issue with USCIS so I wouldn't be surprised at all.

Happy Holidays to everyone and Thank you

mustafa34kc, I received a similar status inquiry response last week. Thought it was silly. I kept calling USCIS. Yesterday has been the first time I received consistent information.

jefkron & lazycis, I checked my case and I still don't have a AUSU assigned. It's been 3 weeks. It this normal? Should I called them next week? I can't complain (scheduled for interview) but I need this case anyways in case afterwards :)

Merry Christmas

{hugs}

Happy holidays and wish you all a wonderful year ahead.

Hang in there and good things will come. Good luck to all who are standing up for themselves. How about a group hug. lol

Last edited by a moderator:
happy holidays to you all,
what is the difference between district judge and magistrate judge ? my case assigned to district judge, presiding and magistrate judge, referral what that mean?

Thank you Jefkorn and Cregan .. by the Cregan .. I am happy for that your case is coming to end and best of wishes. I hope I will be next. Time would tell for sure.. Everyone Merry Xmas and Happy holidays. I am very thankful for all your help and support

Hi everyone .. I hope you all had nice holidays. I wanted to give you updates on my WOM. I went back to the court house today to return my summons. I have never received the certified mail green cards back for the summons I sent. I printed the delivery status from the USPS web site which showed when each summon was delivered. I have asked the court clerk if that would be good enough for a proof of delivery, and to my relieve, she said yes. So the court now has all my papers and I am ready for action. I have checked my case status on the court's computer while I was there and I saw that the US Attorney's office has an update there with an expected response back on 02/06/09 which is within the 60 days period. Wish me luck guys

A Day in the Life of Watertown

Today I dressed nicely, took the subway to US District court of Massachusetts. It was a nice architecture with a view of Boston harbor from the clerks' office.

The office was empty and a nice lady at Customer Service promptly stamped all copies of complaint, summons, took $350 and then asked me to wait for case No. While waiting I was looking at the judges' pictures hung on the wall and wondering who would be assigned to my case!! After 17 minutes (I was clocking!) a lady (deputy clerk?) came with all the summons/complaints stamped with case number and asked me to copy all the summons to be sent to the defendants. I saw the last 3 alphabets of case number, DPW, means Judge Douglas P Woodlock.

I went to the 9th floor, US attorney office and the receptionist was not sure if she would take the original summon of the copy. She called another old gentleman and he was kind enough to copy the summon using the fax machine and stamped the original. I asked him if I should sign the Return of Service but he said NO.

I came down to the clerk's office and asked that nice lady again if I should give her the copy of the summon I served to US attorney but she took the original, copied it and then returned me the stamped copy.

It was so simple!!!!

I took the train to Chinatown, had duck with ginger sauce at Wai restaurant (Kneeland and Harrison corner) costing me $5.25. After lunch I went to see Valkyrie and was amazed to think that like Staufenberg, I too am now at the point of No return!!

Only 2 weeks ago I seriously thought about WOM and here I am today! Guys, all the thanks to you, esp, Jefkorn and LazyCIS.

Now tell me about Judge Woodlock and whats my next step? I'll mail the summons+complaints+exhibit to all defendants tomorrow.

Guys,

Today, I've mailed copies of summons+Complaint+exhibit to all the defendants.

I know you guys are enjoying the holidays but hope to hear from you next times!

I haven't said Hello in a while :)
Happy New Year

mustafa34kc, Congrats on the date of response
watertown, Congrats on your filing
mosamno2, any updates to your case?

Lazycis & jefkorn - Thank you have a Wonderful New Years

happy new year every one.
cregan, thank you for asking, but nothing new I don't know if I have a bad luck or somthing, it took them 7 days to stamp my summons so I can serve it in the top of that I sent the complaint in the 23rd but it didn't get to the defendants yet I am afraid the post office lost it ,I called usps and they filed a case to see where the items are. I am not happy
Happy New Year

Happy New Year

Thank you Cregan and happy new year to you too... Lets hope my count down has started. I hope the new year will bring me some good news shortly :)

hi guys, I need your advice. my EAD is going to expire very soon should I renew it or just wait for AUSA resonse ( and save some money) ?
BTW all defendant got the complaint after 10 days of delay at the USPS. when I have to file proof of service?

The letter may not be true. Here is what happened in my case.
I had been waiting a long time for my name check to be done. When I finally got tired of waiting here is what I did in the order written:
1. I called and made a service request (3rd time)
2. Within 3 days, I went to my representatives office and requested assistance
3. I got a letter from my reps office saying my name check is complete and I should receive letter for second finger print (how cool)
4. I got letter for second fingerprint
5. I did second finger print
6. I got letter for interview
7. I got response to service request dated after interview (not "oath") letter had already been sent out saying exactly the same thing that you got and which is exactly the same thing that was in the previous responses to service request.

This leads me to believe the person who took that request just typed your name into the generic mail and sent it without looking at your file. Or does not want to tell you the truth so you will not pursue them to do their job. Or may not know how to look up information. Either way is bad.

Hi guys .. I just the mail and there was a letter from USCIS ..unfortunatlly it was not what I was hoping for. It was a nother letter saying that my background check is still pending and my application has been delayed because of the background check. I guess the officer I talked to the other day and told me they are working on scheduiling my interview was not honest with me :-(

it has been more than 120 days from my interview and i heard nothing from USCIS. I called the 1800 number and sent in a svc request. A letter was sent to me few days ago from the district office and said" You should receive a decision or notice of other action within 90s of the date of this letter..." WTH how long more do these ppl want me to wait? Cant they make up their mind already? I passed my test and cleared my name check, background everything. Now everyone in my family is a citizen except for me! @#@$%$#^@

I am thinking about suing them in district court but I am concerned about the cost as well. Namely, I hired a lawyer from a so-called good and reputable firm for my N-400 application process. They did me no good, always dismissed my concerns as overly addressed problems, and never really showed any dedication to my case. Bottom line is that I don't trust lawyers anymore now. I could have filled up the n-400 form myself, sent it in, save 2000 dollars and use that to hire someone when there is a problem. ARGGGGGG

See here for sample complaint.
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/FBI_name_check#Example_document_for_pending_Naturalization_.28N-400.29
The second link for sample complaint doesn't seem to work but the first link is good enough for you.
If you feel up to it, you can file it yourself. It will cost you the filing fee which I believe is $350 plus cost of making copies and mailing documents. Good luck

it has been more than 120 days from my interview and i heard nothing from USCIS. I called the 1800 number and sent in a svc request. A letter was sent to me few days ago from the district office and said" You should receive a decision or notice of other action within 90s of the date of this letter..." WTH how long more do these ppl want me to wait? Cant they make up their mind already? I passed my test and cleared my name check, background everything. Now everyone in my family is a citizen except for me! @#@$%$#^@

I am thinking about suing them in district court but I am concerned about the cost as well. Namely, I hired a lawyer from a so-called good and reputable firm for my N-400 application process. They did me no good, always dismissed my concerns as overly addressed problems, and never really showed any dedication to my case. Bottom line is that I don't trust lawyers anymore now. I could have filled up the n-400 form myself, sent it in, save 2000 dollars and use that to hire someone when there is a problem. ARGGGGGG

DocyBear, like jefkorn said you can file yourself. With the help from jefkorn, lazycis and many others I was able to file myself. I'm still feeling uncertain of the next steps, but that's ok it's a learning process :)

There might be a Pro Se package on your district court website - must read :)

mosamno2, I don't know what to say ... I wish I would have an answer