Anyone with a lawsuit against USCIS or thinking about a lawsuit (Merged)

:) Thank you. I will need your support still :) that's so cool

mustafa34kc, keep persisting :) I called almost everyday

Although US Attorney is not a named defendant, the summons sent to him should be addressed to him/her.
See PART II:WHOM TO SERVE A.1 and A.2 in this doc from AILF: WHOM TO SUE AND WHOM TO SERVE IN IMMIGRATION-RELATED DISTRICT COURT LITIGATION .

Lazycis/Jefkorn

Need I inform my company lawyer about the WOM? Company lawyer has already filed our 3rd EAD/AP.

Lazycis, if US attorney of Massachusetts is not part of defendants but AG is then how can I serve summon to US attorney? Please clarify.

Thanks again for your great input.

cregan,
Excellent news. I can almost see you taking the Oath. I know I "see" things :)
:)

This is good news. I called again, talked with a level-2 IO. He said that he was happy to have an update. I have been scheduled for an Interview. The date is Feb 4. It is so funny that it is so close to the 60 days of WOM :)

Thank you thank you

:) Thank you. I will need your support still :) that's so cool

mustafa34kc, keep persisting :) I called almost everyday

Congrats Cregan ..thats great news and that will give me hope for sure .. I hope before my sixty days are up, I will have my interview scheduled ..I will keep the hope alive with your help and everyone else

jefkorn, that's funny ... that was my next question :)

mustafa34kc, you are a week behind me :) so I hope it's soon

lazycis,jefkorn,
I am going to serve two of the summons in person. in the proof of sevice part should I write my name as the server or the name of the person who is going to serve it in my behalf(since I am not allowed to serve it myself)? should We ask the AUSA to sign that they been served? if yes, where exactly should they sign?

Finally a draft!!!!

Gurus!

This is the draft I prepared using template found in this forum. Please let me know if anythng is wrong. Is it okay to ask for approval at relief part?

Thanks again. I'm damn excited!!!!!

watertown, I like it. Good job. Are you for sure that you are done with FBI? It's easier to remove defendants then adding them.

Cregan, I agree with you and will add FBI. But I thought a letter from THE Michael Cannon should be enough to clear it all!!!!!!!!

watertown, I like it. Good job. Are you for sure that you are done with FBI? It's easier to remove defendants then adding them.

lazycis,jefkorn,
I am going to serve two of the summons in person. in the proof of sevice part should I write my name as the server or the name of the person who is going to serve it in my behalf(since I am not allowed to serve it myself)? should We ask the AUSA to sign that they been served? if yes, where exactly should they sign?

When you serve in person, you should give AUSA second page of summon to stamp. On that second page fill return of service section and put the name of the person who served summons. Always for a receipt when service is performed.

Gurus!

This is the draft I prepared using template found in this forum. Please let me know if anythng is wrong. Is it okay to ask for approval at relief part?

Thanks again. I'm damn excited!!!!!

Court cannot "Order USCIS to grant permanent residence effective 180 days after the application filing date." Remove it from the relief section or change it to something like this: "If plaintiff's I-485 is approved, order USCIS to record Plaintiff's permanent residence effective 180 days after the application filing date"
Also, check #49 to make sure timeline is correct for your case.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Everyone .. I have a question regarding the green card receipt from the certified mail. I have checked the status of all summons I sent and they all have been received on December 15. I have only received one green cards back out of the five I sent. Should I be worried or they usually take a longer time to come back ?

mustafa34kc,
You don't have to wait for the paper receipt (green in color), you may be able to file proof of service with the prinout of online delivery confirmation. Most courts accept that. You may want to check with your court if they will. If they do, you don't have a thing to worry about and no need to wait for the paper delivery confirmation to come in the mail. It takes them a while and online confirmation is much faster. See following posts:
http://forums.immigration.com/showpost.php?p=1975115&postcount=17713
http://forums.immigration.com/showpost.php?p=1963713&postcount=17598
http://forums.immigration.com/showpost.php?p=1940251&postcount=17164
Hi Everyone .. I have a question regarding the green card receipt from the certified mail. I have checked the status of all summons I sent and they all have been received on December 15. I have only received one green cards back out of the five I sent. Should I be worried or they usually take a longer time to come back ?

Last edited by a moderator:
mustafa34kc,
You don't have to wait for the paper receipt (green in color), you may be able to file proof of service with the prinout of online delivery confirmation. Most courts accept that. You may want to check with your court if they will. If they do, you don't have a thing to worry about and no need to wait for the paper delivery confirmation to come in the mail. It takes them a while and online confirmation is much faster. See following posts:
http://forums.immigration.com/showpost.php?p=1975115&postcount=17713
http://forums.immigration.com/showpost.php?p=1963713&postcount=17598
http://forums.immigration.com/showpost.php?p=1940251&postcount=17164

Thank you Jefkorn .. I guess the most important one has been summoned which is the Nebraska office although its strange that they moved the delivery from Nebraska to Phoenix .. as for the other, I will wait another week and see if they will arrive

lazycis, thanks for your input. Also I'll include FBI director per your and Cregran's advice.

On the summon, do I need to put my address in the space for Plaintiff's attorney?

Need I fill out Return of Service for all the summons? I'm bit confused about SERVEr and Title!

Is Return of Service of Summons different than Certificate of Service?

I'm almost ready for filling and I consider this as my X-mas gift!

watertown,

Put your address as plaintiff's attorney.
Return of service section is filled after you get certified mail return receipts (if served by mail) or by the server (if served personally). It has to be complete for all summons and filed with the court. It is different from certificate of service.

So I assume, Certificate of Service can be filed right after I mail the summons but for Return of Service I'll need to wait for return receipt or online confirmation of the mail.

Need I file to US Attonery office everytime I file something to court?

watertown,

Put your address as plaintiff's attorney.
Return of service section is filled after you get certified mail return receipts (if served by mail) or by the server (if served personally). It has to be complete for all summons and filed with the court. It is different from certificate of service.

One last thing, there is a space for no of days for reply from defendant. Shall I put 60 days?

Leave it blank. Clerk should fill it.
There is no need to file certificate of service at this time. Certificate of service is being used for all other filings. Initial complaint and return of service do not need a separate certificate of service.