Anyone file PERM today?

Perm Conversion

Can Some one answer my questions or direct me where I can find them. Thanks

Hi All,

I am waiting for my 45 DL from BEC but so far havent received. Talked to my lawyer and itseems they have done market analysis for my position and it passed which means they can apply PERM for the same position for which my current labour is pending.
So now I want the lawer to convert my current case to PERM ( my current case details are in my signature) to keep the PD. So my questions are:

1. Are there any problem with these kind of situations? Did any one get approvals lately or denials??
2. How long does such kind of cases take? Do they have to contact BEC for my old case or will they take my old case details from DOL. My case made it to regional.
3. I have read through some posts in this thread and saw some ppl who have converted their cases to PERM. Any updates??
4. I know there are some wage regulations in PERM and there are some catergories for each kind of posiiton in differnt state. How do they effect the approval and which category is the best? My case is EB2.

5. Some ppl posted saying that if a case is re-filed under PERM and it gets rejected for some reason then you loose the PD?? Is that true? Lets say it gets rejected because of some techincal error and not because of employement requirements then too will I loose my PD??

My case has already gone from SWA to regional and mine was traditional, so it went throught the whole recuitment process and passed. Actually my company did recuitment process recently and it passed too so do anyone see any problems?? I know its pretty lame question to ask but I cant phrase it better. I want to know what problem are encountered so far and the risk associated with this kind of cases.

Thanks a lot

volleyball said:
Can Some one answer my questions or direct me where I can find them. Thanks

Hi All,

I am waiting for my 45 DL from BEC but so far havent received. Talked to my lawyer and itseems they have done market analysis for my position and it passed which means they can apply PERM for the same position for which my current labour is pending.
So now I want the lawer to convert my current case to PERM ( my current case details are in my signature) to keep the PD. So my questions are:

1. Are there any problem with these kind of situations? Did any one get approvals lately or denials??

There is no special problem on this petition. Apply with good attorney.

2. How long does such kind of cases take? Do they have to contact BEC for my old case or will they take my old case details from DOL. My case made it to regional.

You have to do all the formalitiesof a new PERM, only thing you have to mentioned in the section A. refiling instruction say yes on the question

A.1. Are you seeking to utilize the filing date from a previously submitted application for Alien Employment Certification (ETA 750). Say YES
1.a. If Yes, previous filing date?
1.b. Indicate the previous SWA or local office case number OR if not available, specify state where case was originally flied?

It is very simple

3. I have read through some posts in this thread and saw some ppl who have converted their cases to PERM. Any updates?? Wait for updates.4. I know there are some wage regulations in PERM and there are some catergories for each kind of posiiton in differnt state. How do they effect the approval and which category is the best? My case is EB2.
Depends on you job description/offer

5. Some ppl posted saying that if a case is re-filed under PERM and it gets rejected for some reason then you loose the PD?? Is that true?

No you can re-file, appeal.

Lets say it gets rejected because of some techincal error and not because of employement requirements then too will I loose my PD?? NO
My case has already gone from SWA to regional and mine was traditional, so it went throught the whole recuitment process and passed. Actually my company did recuitment process recently and it passed too so do anyone see any problems??

Only problem is you have to do all the (for PERM) recruitment once again.
I know its pretty lame question to ask but I cant phrase it better. I want to know what problem are encountered so far and the risk associated with this kind of cases.

Thanks a lot

WhyThisDelay said:
Gurus.

My co. is willing to file for me in EB2 where Masters + 0 years is requirement.

Was wondering if anyone here got approved with such requirements?

Also If someone is same/similar boat and facing RFEs please reply.

Thanks much in advance.
First job description/offer EB2 comes next.

asnmurty said:
My company has submiited my PERM application on 08/08. Case status is till "In Process".
We have not received an email from DOL yet.

Does DOL send email Immediately?
Please share your experiences.

regards

The email is received the same day mostly in minutes. Unless there is some problem...

great guru said:
Hi All,

There is no special problem on this petition. Apply with good attorney.

You have to do all the formalitiesof a new PERM, only thing you have to mentioned in the section A. refiling instruction say yes on the question

A.1. Are you seeking to utilize the filing date from a previously submitted application for Alien Employment Certification (ETA 750). Say YES
1.a. If Yes, previous filing date?
1.b. Indicate the previous SWA or local office case number OR if not available, specify state where case was originally flied?

It is very simple

3. I have read through some posts in this thread and saw some ppl who have converted their cases to PERM. Any updates?? Wait for updates.4. I know there are some wage regulations in PERM and there are some catergories for each kind of posiiton in differnt state. How do they effect the approval and which category is the best? My case is EB2.
Depends on you job description/offer

5. Some ppl posted saying that if a case is re-filed under PERM and it gets rejected for some reason then you loose the PD?? Is that true?

No you can re-file, appeal.

Lets say it gets rejected because of some techincal error and not because of employement requirements then too will I loose my PD?? NO
My case has already gone from SWA to regional and mine was traditional, so it went throught the whole recuitment process and passed. Actually my company did recuitment process recently and it passed too so do anyone see any problems??

Only problem is you have to do all the (for PERM) recruitment once again.
I know its pretty lame question to ask but I cant phrase it better. I want to know what problem are encountered so far and the risk associated with this kind of cases.

Thanks a lot

Thanks Great Guru,

My comany did the recuitment again and it passed so i should be good to go right?
My origianl PD is Dec 2002 from arizona. It went to regional in 2004. Yes I am planning on converting the case to PERM to keep the PD.
My concern is that if for some reason it gets rejected will I loose my old PD of 2002?? That is what I read in some post in PERM forums. Any ideas?

Thanks a lot.

Hi volleyball,

If I was you, I would just sit tight and wait for my approval from BEC. Looking at the way things are moving with the BEC, you should get your approval in a month or so.

Do not risk your PD

Good luck

volleyball said:
Thanks Great Guru,

My comany did the recuitment again and it passed so i should be good to go right?
My origianl PD is Dec 2002 from arizona. It went to regional in 2004. Yes I am planning on converting the case to PERM to keep the PD.
My concern is that if for some reason it gets rejected will I loose my old PD of 2002?? That is what I read in some post in PERM forums. Any ideas?

Thanks a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:
volleyball said:
Thanks Great Guru,

If PERM get rejected for any reason then your old LC will also get rejected for the same reason. The same agency is going through you both applications. Apply with confidence with good attorney.

Thanks a lot.

zoid said:
Hi volleyball,

If I was you, I would just sit tight and wait for my approval from BEC. Looking at the way things are moving with the BEC, you should get your approval in a month or so.

Do not risk your PD

Good luck

I wish that would happen. But if you look closer at my details, I havent got my 45 day letter yet. If my case goes to Philly then I should have a good chance of getting approved soon but if it goes to Dallas then I will have to wait for atleast an year to two. Dallas is currently processing 2000 TR cases.
From what I see of cases from arizona, they seem to go to dallas.

What you are quoting is RIR cases from dallas which is moving fast. My lawyer at first was not ready to file PERM for me but now they themselfs think that PERM is a better option looking at how BEC's are working. I am sure they have good insight of the DOL, my company is huge, 35000+.

Thanks for your suggestion. :)

great guru said:
If PERM get rejected for any reason then your old LC will also get rejected for the same reason. The same agency is going through you both applications. Apply with confidence with good attorney.

Yea but if gets rejected for techincal resons then too will I loose my PD?? I heard that there are mistakes in the online filing because of which there are many rejects in teh begning . If something like that happens and then we correct and refile will that also make me loose my PD??

Thanks.

Still no email

Lost email

My employer received 2 emails with Username, password and also PIN number in order to log into the PERM system to file the application.....

He somehow deleted or lost those emails....my employer emailed them asking if they can re-send the emails.....It's beem 5 days now and nothing.....any advice?

Thanks.

Attorney said that the case in BEC might get nullified

Our attorney said that if we file PERM now, our old case might get nullified and we might loose our priority date. He also said, 2 days back INS specified clearly that the cases in BEC will be revoked. Is this true. We r so confused as to what to do. Loosing the priority date might become a big issue. Is there a way of keeping the old case in BEC as it is and file a new PERM case

harshy said:
The email is received the same day mostly in minutes. Unless there is some problem...

My lawyer sais that
"You may not receive an email. The emails may be randomly generated to make sure that no fraudulent applications are being filed for companies."

Yes, the DOL released new round of FAQ's which clearly states that, if you file PERM then the BEC LC will be nullified. The PERM takes precidence over BEC.

chicchu said:
Our attorney said that if we file PERM now, our old case might get nullified and we might loose our priority date. He also said, 2 days back INS specified clearly that the cases in BEC will be revoked. Is this true. We r so confused as to what to do. Loosing the priority date might become a big issue. Is there a way of keeping the old case in BEC as it is and file a new PERM case

Negative. You will always receive an email. But do not get fustrated, some times emails do get lost and in that case they will call your employer to do that verification.

asnmurty said:
My lawyer sais that
"You may not receive an email. The emails may be randomly generated to make sure that no fraudulent applications are being filed for companies."

dsugandhi

Hi dsugandhi .

I too was thinking of filing in PERM EB2, until the FAQ released by DOL 2-3 days ago. It clearly states that if the PERM application is approved, all other pending applicaitons will be denied.

The problem is that it may take quite sometime for the PERM application to get approved, by which time EB2 category might retrogress by a year or two.

Are you still thinking of going ahead with new EB2 application or not?

I have an older EB3 LC application in DBEC with PD of april 2003. Pretty sure that I wont get a chance this year, as visa numbers will be consumed by 2002 applicants along. But if I file in EB2 in PERM and it retrogresses, then my older application will be denied and I'll be stuck with a 2005 PD. Not sure if I should still go ahead with my EB2 PERM application. What do you think?

Thanks.

Hello WhyThisDelay,

I'm on the same boat as you are! I accepted a job offer but company will start PERM processing in 2 months time after I join (next month)... with all the job advertisements, paperwork, etc., PERM will be sent by December or January next year... The problem I see is that EB-2 might retrogress anytime particularly with the large volume of LC applications pending in the backlog centers (I have a pending LC in the Philly backlog RIR, no 45 day letter yet... big black hole)... The Visa Bulletin didn't mention at all EB-2 retrogression for countries other than China, India, etc., but it's definitely a risky situation... My spouse is very concerned because we're betting on applying for I-485 before retrogression so that EAD is accepted and is possible for family members to work...

It's all speculation, we just have to do some more research and just go with our "gut feeling"... We would hate to have a PD of 2005 and be retrogressed for a couple of years... Some of the more knowledgeable people in this forum believe that EB-2 retrogression could occur as soon as December...

Thanks.

WhyThisDelay said:
Hi dsugandhi .

I too was thinking of filing in PERM EB2, until the FAQ released by DOL 2-3 days ago. It clearly states that if the PERM application is approved, all other pending applicaitons will be denied.

The problem is that it may take quite sometime for the PERM application to get approved, by which time EB2 category might retrogress by a year or two.

Are you still thinking of going ahead with new EB2 application or not?

I have an older EB3 LC application in DBEC with PD of april 2003. Pretty sure that I wont get a chance this year, as visa numbers will be consumed by 2002 applicants along. But if I file in EB2 in PERM and it retrogresses, then my older application will be denied and I'll be stuck with a 2005 PD. Not sure if I should still go ahead with my EB2 PERM application. What do you think?

Thanks.

I am not thinking for PERM any more. I am done with PERM. I want to preserve my EB2 priority date. My RIR case is pending at Dallas BPC which is processing RIR for mid Feb 2003 so if I am lucky it will come by Jan 2006. If I go through PERM, it might come in Oct-Nov 2005 so I will get maximum of 2 months of advantage and in place I am loosing 2 years of PD which I don't think anyone would do.

Retrogression of EB2 category is not speculation anymore. It is official. This is text from official Sept. visa bulletin.

The amount of Employment demand for applicants from China and India is also likely to result in the oversubcription of the Employment First and Second preference categories for those chargeability areas. The establishment of such cut-off dates is expected to occur no later than December.

As you can see, DOL is telling for sure it will happen in December if not sooner. My gut feeling is telling me that it will happen and appear in the visa bulleting of October 15th.

Even if I go new PERM EB2 route - it wont be applied by Sept 15th. It will take x months to be approved. Even if you take the unimaginable best case scenario of it approving in 1 month - the attorneys will take at least 1 month for preparing the paper work for I140 and 485. So most like I'll be caught up in retrogression even in best case scenario (I dont even want to think of worse case scenario). I havent decided yet, but my gut feeling is telling me I'll stick to my older EB3 application

acgv said:
Hello WhyThisDelay,

I'm on the same boat as you are! I accepted a job offer but company will start PERM processing in 2 months time after I join (next month)... with all the job advertisements, paperwork, etc., PERM will be sent by December or January next year... The problem I see is that EB-2 might retrogress anytime particularly with the large volume of LC applications pending in the backlog centers (I have a pending LC in the Philly backlog RIR, no 45 day letter yet... big black hole)... The Visa Bulletin didn't mention at all EB-2 retrogression for countries other than China, India, etc., but it's definitely a risky situation... My spouse is very concerned because we're betting on applying for I-485 before retrogression so that EAD is accepted and is possible for family members to work...

It's all speculation, we just have to do some more research and just go with our "gut feeling"... We would hate to have a PD of 2005 and be retrogressed for a couple of years... Some of the more knowledgeable people in this forum believe that EB-2 retrogression could occur as soon as December...

Thanks.

How much time does EB2 PERM application take to get certified (hard copy in your hand

Gurus / Fellow members.

I've browsed through a lot of pages of this forum. But still I'm not able to get a sense of how much time it is taking for EBB2 PERM case to get certified.

Are there a lot of cases who got certification within the promised 60 day limit or is it the other way round (a lot of cases stuck due to one or another unknown reason)?

Thanks in advance for your inputs.

PERM certified from Chicago center Aug 12

I have also been a silent observer of this forum and would like to share good news with you.

Filed EB2 on June 21 and became Final Review before July 5 (the first time I checked with my lawyer). Changed to In Process later. The lawyer saw online status Certified on Aug. 12.

Lawyer said it will take 2 wks to 2 mths to get the physical certification.

Some other details:
-quantitative financial researcher
-finished PhD courses
-employer has about 300 people

Best wish for all of us.