Anyone file PERM today?

zoid said:
Negative. You will always receive an email. But do not get fustrated, some times emails do get lost and in that case they will call your employer to do that verification.
ZOID
Thanks for the info. But How did you know that for so sure? Did you read it anywhere in any DOL site? Is there any specified process?

Thanks in advance.

dsugandhi said:
it might come in Oct-Nov 2005 so I will get maximum of 2 months of advantage and in place I am loosing 2 years of PD which I don't think anyone would do.

Why? If you file your case as a conversion case, you will preserve your PD. Is there something I'm missing??

cnqj said:
I have also been a silent observer of this forum and would like to share good news with you.

Filed EB2 on June 21 and became Final Review before July 5 (the first time I checked with my lawyer). Changed to In Process later. The lawyer saw online status Certified on Aug. 12.

Lawyer said it will take 2 wks to 2 mths to get the physical certification.

Some other details:
-quantitative financial researcher
-finished PhD courses
-employer has about 300 people

Best wish for all of us.

without physical certification, can you file 140 and 485? If it takes two months to get physical ones, can you file now without it?

30 days Job AD

Hi Guys,

I have a question about (at least) 30 days Job AD period. Does that means we need to post our Job(either Job order or company's web site) for 30 business days or just 30 days include Sat. and Sun?

Thanks
tyang101

cnqj said:
I have also been a silent observer of this forum and would like to share good news with you.

Filed EB2 on June 21 and became Final Review before July 5 (the first time I checked with my lawyer). Changed to In Process later. The lawyer saw online status Certified on Aug. 12.

Lawyer said it will take 2 wks to 2 mths to get the physical certification.

Some other details:
-quantitative financial researcher
-finished PhD courses
-employer has about 300 people

Best wish for all of us.

Cnqj,
Firstly congrats for achieving this great sucess!
I'm not sure where I read or heard, but there is this new rule by DOL that once a labor application is certified your next I-140 has to applied within 45 days after receiving certification. So if your attorney is saying it'll take 2 months to receive it physically, double check with him about this rule.

I -140 Application within 45 days

Dear DSL start

Is that Really Trie..Where did U hear/read that...I -140 has to be submitted within 45 days of LC approval.....

PLease do let us know.......

It is 30 calendar days, and i am 100% sure :)

tyang101 said:
Hi Guys,

I have a question about (at least) 30 days Job AD period. Does that means we need to post our Job(either Job order or company's web site) for 30 business days or just 30 days include Sat. and Sun?

Thanks
tyang101

I see that your employer has over 300 employee, how many PERM certifications are processed so far? casue there was news about one employer one PERM, don;t know reality :(

DSLstart said:
Cnqj,
Firstly congrats for achieving this great sucess!
I'm not sure where I read or heard, but there is this new rule by DOL that once a labor application is certified your next I-140 has to applied within 45 days after receiving certification. So if your attorney is saying it'll take 2 months to receive it physically, double check with him about this rule.

sotiredofwaiting said:
Why? If you file your case as a conversion case, you will preserve your PD. Is there something I'm missing??

Yes, I too dont understand why ppl are not thinking of converting their case instead of filling a new one?? Is there any considerations why you guys are opting for a new application instead of convertion. I am currently working with my lawyer to convert my case to PERM so that I can keep my PD. Is there some details that I am missing.

Thanks.

tyang101 said:
Hi Guys,

Thanks
tyang101
My lawyer said its 30 calendar days.

The guidelines for conversion are not clearly given and those given if strictly followed conversion is very difficult. One of the rule says that all ur details inlcuding employer address, ph no, job description, salary everything should match exactly. So, if a employer ph no or address changed from the previous date of filing, we are not sure whether PD gets carried on or not. More over the PERM guidelines are going on changing every month. So, most of us afraid to take conversion route and using the option of 2 filings.

volleyball said:
Yes, I too dont understand why ppl are not thinking of converting their case instead of filling a new one?? Is there any considerations why you guys are opting for a new application instead of convertion. I am currently working with my lawyer to convert my case to PERM so that I can keep my PD. Is there some details that I am missing.

Thanks.

This is a proposal by DOL. OMB approved it. But not yet published in the registry. So, it may take 3 to 6 months to become a rule. Until then Itz proposal by DOL.
shovonbd said:
Dear DSL start

Is that Really Trie..Where did U hear/read that...I -140 has to be submitted within 45 days of LC approval.....

PLease do let us know.......

All tech positions are EB3 under PERM!

allaboutgc said:
Please share your experience with the new system.
Hi Friends ,

I am a newbie and I truely love this forum.

I'll be posting more questions later...But my main concern is what my lawyer said at the very first step of filing with PERM.

According to her " all tech positions are EB3 under PERM"

Is that true! As I have been reading in this forum that most of the technology cases are EB2 and are being approved.

I am a Software engineer having BS + 7 years of experience as Programmer/Analyst.

Let me know if more info about me is required to answer this question.

Warm Regards,

GarVin

EB2 or EB3

Is there any way I can determine the Category (EB2 or EB3) from the application form?

Please Advice.

Thanks.

Nirvan said:
The guidelines for conversion are not clearly given and those given if strictly followed conversion is very difficult. One of the rule says that all ur details inlcuding employer address, ph no, job description, salary everything should match exactly. So, if a employer ph no or address changed from the previous date of filing, we are not sure whether PD gets carried on or not. More over the PERM guidelines are going on changing every month. So, most of us afraid to take conversion route and using the option of 2 filings.

Does the salary too have to be the same?? Where can I find these details? I read the FAQ's for PERM and saw that the names, phone no's, addresses, job desctiption etc have to be same but dont remember reading that the salary should also be the same.

Just now spoke to my lawyer and they said that they will collect all my info and will go through the case and will make a decision if PERM is a good option or not. If they think it is ok to convert then they will file by the end of september.

Any poeple still in process from Atlanta

Hi All
I have applied as of 6/7/2005 in Atlanta. I was under Audit review then final review as of 24th rerun and after that In Process as of 28th rerun and still in process.
Any one is in the same boat with me. 60 days are over a week back. Anybody knows what to do except waiting...... :confused:

EB 3 Atlanta Certified 8/12

Hey Folks

Applied 7/9 Final review then in Process 7/28

Got Certified By Grace of Almighty ALLAH on 8/12....

Good luck to all

08/15/2005: DOL's Misguided and Unauthorized Change of Policy on Multiple LC Filings

Multiple filers please go through following cutting from http://www.immigration-law.com

* Apparently when the foreign labor certification reengineering was designed, the leaders in the Foreign Labor Certification Division of DOL must not have foreseen the potential problems of multiple filings during the period of transition from the backlog processing system to the new electronic filing system of PERM as evidenced by the PERM final regulation which failed to provide any rules on the effect of multiple filings by the same employer for the same employee. As we pointed out sometimes back, the problem has since developed into a serious situation due to the critical faults in the decision matrix system which was followed by massive denials of online applications and employers repetitive filings of the same applications for the same employee over and over again, not to mention another applications pending in the backlog processing system. Had they really feared the problems involved in the multiple applications filings, they should have incorporated certain legal devices in the PERM regulation such that the alleged labor certification system is not abused, which they failed. Alternatively, they could have initiated the rule-making procedure "timely" to remove the substitution of the beneficiary for the approved labor certifications, which would have resolved in part the potential misuse and fraudulent activities involving some multiple filings. Again, they failed on this option as the substitution elimination rule finalization has a long way to go.

* Apparently to cope with the problem, the DOL attempted a short cut route making a new rule or policy "without any legal authority" and "without the required legal procedure of the rule making that all the multiple applications but one will be denied or if approved, revoked. This policy should have been incorporated in the PERM final regulation, had they really intended to adopt such politices. A policy or legal procedure which profoundly affects the parties' substantive as well as procedural rights cannot be arbitrarily enacted into a rule without taking a proper steps which are required for rule-making process. Obviously, they could have thought that by accelerating the national database for the permanent labor certification systems including the backlog processing and PERM processing probably by the end of August 31, 2005, they might be able to detect "in part" some of these multiple filings. It is anticipated that this new policy will face a serious litigation.

is any body still "In Process"

am i the only one who is "in process" from atlanta?? :confused:
as i stated before i applied on 6/7/2005. Went thru audit review as a result of rerun went to final review and again on 28th july went to "in process"
70 days have been over since i filed...
any one in same boat??
What should i do??