Anyone file PERM today?

gc_2006 said:
Very simply - probably not - you need at least 60 days and that's exactly what you have altogether from your start date. Unless your new employer starts recruiting the very day you get hired (they never do)....or better yet - get them to start recruiting slightly before you join (they even less do that).

The best is to start ASAP and should you run into the need to extend, leave the US for a vacation and catch-up the time you need (hopefully only a couple of weeks). Most probably you'll not even need to extend. I have 7 months left on H-1B (was conveniently laid off just after the 365 days had started) and we are trying to get an EAD in that time.

Thanks for the info!

I was in India for 2 months - in Dec-Jan'05 -while my H1 status was still running - from what you say above, does that mean that I get another 2 months extention on my H1-Status?

I called Chicago processing center. The lady verified my name and place where filed, but she refused to disclose the status over phone. My employer checked my status online. It still in Final Review since July 12.

To Nning

Nning:
Unfortunately my case is still stuck in final review since one month. I don't know what to make out of status. I have verified that Chicago is indeed sending out approvals albeit little slower than Atlanta. I think there might be something about our cases that has raised red flags at Chicago (it could be some system glitch or some real problem with our cases). I think if your case in stuck for more than 3 weeks which is a typical processing time frame at Chicago its a bad news.
Now its anybody's guess what will happen to all these stuck cases in Chicago (at different stages), but with retrogression looming and delays of 2-3 weeks to get the certified document I am not very hopeful with regards to PERM/140/485.
Good Luck with you case.

nning said:
Hi, GC_Reform,

how is your case? my case has been sponsorship forever. I think all the status messed up.do u think so?

Indeed,

you can file to recapture any time you spent abroad while on H-1B (even only weeks of vacations). The Yates memo of 5/12/05 provides that you can file for 7th year extension while you apply for any other extension eve if it is before 6 months before the 6th year is up. You should check into this. You could file to recapture immediately and at the same time file your 7th year extension. That way you are save if any LC blows up in between plus you would have at least about 16 months left from now to get PERM done. That should be plenty.

gcmail said:
Thanks for the info!

I was in India for 2 months - in Dec-Jan'05 -while my H1 status was still running - from what you say above, does that mean that I get another 2 months extention on my H1-Status?

Hi nning,

My case is also in Sponsorship (forever).

July 1st - Filed (Chicago... case # C-********)
July 8th - received Sponsorship email. Unable to reply as it was > 7 days
July 18th - Received sponsorship phone call from DOL. Passed it
July 24th - Status still in Sponsorship :(

How about yours? Did you get the phone call. Anyone else in this status?

nning said:
Hi, GC_Reform,

how is your case? my case has been sponsorship forever. I think all the status messed up.do u think so?

to zoid

No, you know, my case went to audit review on may 21st, then went to denied in rerun, then corrected to sponsorship. then forever in that status.

the thing is my company got the email the very first time, so this time, no email, no phone call.

So, simply speaking, right now, nothing.

zoid said:
Hi nning,

My case is also in Sponsorship (forever).

July 1st - Filed (Chicago... case # C-********)
July 8th - received Sponsorship email. Unable to reply as it was > 7 days
July 18th - Received sponsorship phone call from DOL. Passed it
July 24th - Status still in Sponsorship :(

How about yours? Did you get the phone call. Anyone else in this status?

You or your attorney can call DOL and findout if it is really a denial. Did you receive any letter in mail. You can either file again if your ads did not expire or follow up with DOL so that they confirm whether it is a real denial (DOL should send a denial letter) and you can appeal or reapply.

amdee said:
Hi,

My application was denied as soon as it was filed on June 6th, 2005. Ever since then the status has not been updated, nor has my employer received any update/notification from DOL.

Is anyone on the same boat?

please advise

hi, gurus, My file in Atalanta has been in final review since mid May. All my attorney told me was to wait. I called atlanta help desk for a few times but could not get hold of any human help. I left messages to the voice mail but nobody called back. Would you please give advice what I should do at this point? Any advice is appreciated

Try the following:
1. Ask your Attorney to call DOL (I dunno why is he reluctant) as 60 days time period is over and you are not in Audit Review Status. According to DOL you are entitled for a decision or at least an explanation. Atlanta gives case details on phone (unlike Chicago) ask your HR/Attorney to try that.

2. Send an E-mail to PERM help desk detailing your case number, filling date and a reminder that 60 days are over. Ask your Attorney or HR to send it.

3. Pray

Good Luck.

perm140485 said:
hi, gurus, My file in Atalanta has been in final review since mid May. All my attorney told me was to wait. I called atlanta help desk for a few times but could not get hold of any human help. I left messages to the voice mail but nobody called back. Would you please give advice what I should do at this point? Any advice is appreciated

Urgent question about Job order !!!!!!

Since most of you guys have already applied, I am hoping you would be able to answer this question.

- According to the PERM documentation, you have to place a Job order for 30 days, then wait for another 30 days before you can file through PERM. My genius employer didn't put an end date on the Job order when they created it. Now, I found out today that it has been running for 45 days, from June 10, 2005 till today. My question is, can I file for PERM on Aug 11 (which is 30 + 30 days from the date the job order was opened), or can I only file 30 days after the job order has been closed (which will be Aug 26 in my case) ????

Thank you in advance !

perm140485 said:

Your employer or attorney should email and inquire about the status of your case. You can do it yourself, but I rather have the employer/attorney email them. Email is better than call, since they have to reply and give an explanation (any explanation), but on the phone they can say anything.
Good luck.
By the way, were you suppossed to file in Atlanat or Chicago? I remember you were asking which center you should file.

mine was filed in Atlanta

mine was filed in Atlanta in early May. Thanks for the reply!

irinastaicu said:
Your employer or attorney should email and inquire about the status of your case. You can do it yourself, but I rather have the employer/attorney email them. Email is better than call, since they have to reply and give an explanation (any explanation), but on the phone they can say anything.
Good luck.
By the way, were you suppossed to file in Atlanat or Chicago? I remember you were asking which center you should file.

Did you know anybody who successfully converted RIR to PERM?

knowDOL said:
History does indicate that EB2 dates were retrogressed not more than year and 4 months. ....

knowDOL,

I can tell you know a lot about PERM refiling. Did you know anybody who successfully converted to PERM? How long do you think the refiling PERM case will take to get approved? Anyone has refiling experience, please post here.

Thanks.

Hi,
My application was filed on july 19th and my attorney checked the status on july 22nd, it was denied without any sponsorship email. My attorney filed the same application again on july 25th and it got denied instantly. On the same day, she filed it third time with one change, which is H-12 answering 'No' instead of 'Yes', and it was also denied immediately. Can someone help me on this.

Here is my application info.
-------------------------
1. Education and experience required for the post
Masters + 2yrs
2. Job title or ONET code
Computer Software Engineers/15-1032
3. PERM filinig date
July 19th (1st time)
July 25th (2 times )
4. Start and end date of recruitment effort.
(04/10-06/17)
State Job Order : 04/11-05/11
Newspaper: 04/10,04/17
Dice: 04/12-05/15
Campus placement office: 06/03- 06/17
Employer Website: 04/11 - 05/11
Processing center: Chicago

Does anything look wrong in my details, please let me know.

Thanks

rn05,

I guess, I answered you in murthyforum for the same.

Your education and experience is MS + 2 years. As per PERM guideline, you can use Campus placement as one of the recruitment effort if and ONLY if you are asking for 0 years of experience.

Send me a PM for PERM guideline.

How to find companies which have posted advertise and applied PERM?

Hi there,

I just wonder is there a website I can check the company which posted advertise for PERM and has applied PERM already? Thanks a lot.

Everthing looks fine H12 should be NO. I think we gave one more ad in a less circulated or non-local news paper within 30 days of filing. I don't see that in your list of items. It doesn't need to be within 30 days but it is ok to have one professional ad posting placed within 30 days of filing.

Who created the PERM account for your employer? And who created your PERM form? Do you have access to your employer's PERM account? If so, did you login to check or even modify your form every time before submition?

I heard that DOL tracks those IP addresses. They know the IP of the one who created the PERM account (should be HR), and the one who created your PERM app (should be HR or lawyer). If they see a 3rd IP logging in and changing the form, there might be a problem. I know, this doesn't make sense. What if company moved, what if HR works from home sometimes. But seems PERM has some rules on those IP addresses.

rn05 said:
Hi,
My application was filed on july 19th and my attorney checked the status on july 22nd, it was denied without any sponsorship email. My attorney filed the same application again on july 25th and it got denied instantly. On the same day, she filed it third time with one change, which is H-12 answering 'No' instead of 'Yes', and it was also denied immediately. Can someone help me on this.

Here is my application info.
-------------------------
1. Education and experience required for the post
Masters + 2yrs
2. Job title or ONET code
Computer Software Engineers/15-1032
3. PERM filinig date
July 19th (1st time)
July 25th (2 times )
4. Start and end date of recruitment effort.
(04/10-06/17)
State Job Order : 04/11-05/11
Newspaper: 04/10,04/17
Dice: 04/12-05/15
Campus placement office: 06/03- 06/17
Employer Website: 04/11 - 05/11
Processing center: Chicago

Does anything look wrong in my details, please let me know.

Thanks

Info

Hello,

I'm in the process of filing a PERM application, still in the prep stage. Could somebody tell me something about these H10 & H12 problems I keep hearing?

Thanks,
Ranga