Anyone file PERM today?

History does indicate that EB2 dates were retrogressed not more than year and 4 months. I think you can just wait for your old case, you should get it in the next 6 months (as your case is moved to BEC from Regional office and not state) or try for conversion in PERM so you can keen PD, do not file new. If you file new you will lose Oct 2003 which is very very good for EB2. You have to newly advertise according to PERM regulations for your (same as RIR EB2) position in order to convert. Make sure that you request to keep PD in PERM application and make sure that your both LC's identical in terms job designation, job requirements such as education requirements and experience, company name, Ofcourse salary can be different as PERM goes with 4 level wage.

chicchu said:
Hi, ........ any idea ?

Perm Lc Approved!!!!!!!!

Here are the details..

APPLY DATE : 30th June
EMAIL RECEIVED DATE : 8th July (not able to respond as mail came after 7 days)
PHONE CALL FROM DOL : 14th July
STATUS as of 14th July evening : FINAL REVIEW.
STATUS as of 21st July evening : APPROVED.

Processing Center : ATLANTA
Position: Engineering Manager (Civil Engineer) , EB-2 , MS + 1

Hope we get the Hard copy in time to get the 485 before the retrogression.

knowDOL said:
History does indicate that EB2 dates were retrogressed not more than year and 4 months. I think you can just wait for your old case, you should get it in the next 6 months (as your case is moved to BEC from Regional office and not state) or try for conversion in PERM so you can keen PD, do not file new. If you file new you will lose Oct 2003 which is very very good for EB2. You have to newly advertise according to PERM regulations for your (same as RIR EB2) position in order to convert. Make sure that you request to keep PD in PERM application and make sure that your both LC's identical in terms job designation, job requirements such as education requirements and experience, company name, Ofcourse salary can be different as PERM goes with 4 level wage.
I spoke to some friend of mine yesterday and she was saying that for somebody who in the 7th year of H1 as of now, it might not be a good idea to convert , because, if the case gets denied, then have to leave the country.Attorney said, he can do a fresh PERM case without interfering the old case in BEC. So, we r confused as to what to do

PERM Ad's

Hi,

I applied for PWD from Maryland a month back, so far have not heard anything. I have two questions:

1. Can we go ahead and give the sunday Ad's mean while in the news paper or we have to wait till we get the PW from Maryland.
2. Do we have to give the job order number in the sunday Ad's or no?

Thanks for your help.

helpwithGC said:
Here are the details..

Is it a must to get hard copy before you turn in 485? Just get certified in web is not enough? Thx.

chicchu said:
I spoke to some friend of mine yesterday and she was saying that for somebody who in the 7th year of H1 as of now, it might not be a good idea to convert , because, if the case gets denied, then have to leave the country.Attorney said, he can do a fresh PERM case without interfering the old case in BEC. So, we r confused as to what to do

I agree with you. I am almost with your situation. My EB2 case of PD 11/2003 is pending in Dallas BPC and planning to file new (not conversion) PERM application. Also PERM conversion takes more time compare to new PERM as per PERM guide line. I would suggest keep the old backlog case as it is and file new PERM. If you need more help send me PM I will help you through.

dsugandhi said:
I agree with you. I am almost with your situation. My EB2 case of PD 11/2003 is pending in Dallas BPC and planning to file new (not conversion) PERM application. Also PERM conversion takes more time compare to new PERM as per PERM guide line. I would suggest keep the old backlog case as it is and file new PERM. If you need more help send me PM I will help you through.

Within the same company and under the same name ? I thought it was not possible to do that

perm\GC steps

reading this forum, I think I am trying to familirize with the perm process. what is the next most time-consuming step in the GC process?
if somebody can outline the steps in the gc process or point to a link that has the details, I would appreciate it very much.

helpwithGC said:
Here are the details..

APPLY DATE : 30th June
EMAIL RECEIVED DATE : 8th July (not able to respond as mail came after 7 days)
PHONE CALL FROM DOL : 14th July
STATUS as of 14th July evening : FINAL REVIEW.
STATUS as of 21st July evening : APPROVED.

Processing Center : ATLANTA
Position: Engineering Manager (Civil Engineer) , EB-2 , MS + 1

hi,

congratulations.

i'm a civil engineer too and thinking about filing in perm with MS+0 year. but my worry is the prevailing wage. I send u a Private Message, hope we can talk on the phone to share ur experience with me.

thank u

Call Chicago PERM Center

To all who are awaiting a decision from the Chicago PERM Center,

I am sure a lot of us are getting impatient about the status on our cases - especially those who have been in Final Review since June 24 or earlier whereas cases filed in Atlanta are being certified in a week or two.
If we can call up the Chicago PERM center (the number is 312 886 8000) and ask about the status of our cases with the case number, maybe someone will find something useful.
I am also going to try calling them shortly and will post an update if I find something.

As it seems from everyone's experience, it is not over yet till you actually get the certified LC in your hands; even an online 'Certified' status is no good. And with the retrogression in Sep being a certainty, we should not lose any time.

Thanks and hope to hear something positive from someone.
Best wishes to everyone.

juntha said:
Within the same company and under the same name ? I thought it was not possible to do that

juntha,

You can file from the same employer, for the same person but needs to be different job title.

dsugandhi said:
juntha,

You can file from the same employer, for the same person but needs to be different job title.

where is this stated? i mean, do u have any offical document from DOL that states that clearly?

thanks.

My application was filed on 7/20 and today it shows final review status. Any ideas how much time it would take for the decision?

antonioa77 said:
where is this stated? i mean, do u have any offical document from DOL that states that clearly?

thanks.

Do you have any official document which states you can not file more then one LC for the same employee for two different post?

I have discussed with 3 different attorney's regarding the same and all of them told me we can file for same employee for different post.

Anyone who filed PERM as an QA engineer?

Dear guys,

I'm an QA engineer with mroe than 5 years experience and have a MS in computer science. Now, I'm asking my company switch my RIR case(filed Jan. 2005) to PERM.

Since PERM is new. I'm wondering if anyone here got LC through PERM as an QA engineer? Or have anyone heard any successful/unsuccessful story?

Thanks much,

-Joyce

Help!

My employer filed PERM LC applications but all were denied. All applications were submitted after July 11, so I think the system problem is less. I check all my posting dates and they are all satisfied.

O*Net™ JobZone: 4 (BS + 2~4 years of experience)
PWD Level 3

The job requirement is MS + 3 years or Ph.D. + 1 year

H.12: Yes (means job requirements are normal)

I thought PWD Level 3 should give a good reason for the job requirement to be considered normal. Will this the major reason of denial? Has anybody successfully get into the system after changing H.12 to No but was denied when H.12 was yes?

Please help!!!!!! Thanks.

Bystander6 said:
My employer filed PERM LC applications but all were denied. All applications were submitted after July 11, so I think the system problem is less. I check all my posting dates and they are all satisfied.

O*Net™ JobZone: 4 (BS + 2~4 years of experience)
PWD Level 3

The job requirement is MS + 3 years or Ph.D. + 1 year ( fishy w.r.t. Job zone)
H.12: Yes (means job requirements are normal)

I thought PWD Level 3 should give a good reason for the job requirement to be considered normal. Will this the major reason of denial? Has anybody successfully get into the system after changing H.12 to No but was denied when H.12 was yes?

Here something fishy, can you put exact job title and place of work just state and county.
Please help!!!!!! Thanks.