Anyone file PERM today?

To All in Final Review/Audit Review From June 24 Re-run

I am trying to find out solution to why we are all stuck in this stage while other are getting approvals in 1-2 weeks. This is very unfortunate situation for all of us. Let's try to beat around the bush and find some solutions:

1. All of us are in Chicago NPC
2. All of us have status change after 24th re-run.
3. Some of us stayed in Audit Review while some moved to final review.
4. For some of us 60 days decision time in long gone and still no
updates.

Can we try to find out answers to these questions:

1. What does final review mean to these cases ? If there is no decision
after 60 days, does that mean that this Final Review is simply a wrong status and the case may be audited ?

2. Can some who has passed 60 days in this status let us know what was DOL reply. I will be in the same status in a few weeks.

3. Are all the cases that were ever in Audit Review going to be Audited ?
If yes, then why haven't we received the Audit letter ? and Why is status
showing Final Review. There are some reports where Audit letter has been received by someone who was in Audit Review stage. (in Murthy.com).

4. Cases similar to ours (which require business necessity) filed after June 24th are reported approved. Is answer to H12 reason for the delay.

5. There are re-runs after re-runs for various glitches, but seems like no one noticed that there are a lot of people waiting on Final Review and that might as well be another problem in the system which needs attention.

Let's hope we/someone can bring notice to this problem.

Let's try to find these answers, if anyone has any information. I think following people are in this catagory.
Rajaabhi, Jay2005, Irin, stuck_in_tx, imaappqq, Gc_Reform, knowDOL

I will update if I find something.

No Sponsorship phone call yet

Hi,

Applied on July 1st. Still in the sponsorship status. Got the sponsorship email after 7 days, so was not able to respond. Ever since been waiting for the sponsorship phone call. As it has been close to 3 weeks, i am getting bit concerned.

Is there anyone in similar sutivation?

My employer who is supposed to receive the phone call is always on the move. But he checks him phone voice messages quite offen.
For those who's sponsorship was checked via a phone call, did the PERM analyst leave a message in your employers answering machine if your employer did not pick up the phone? Just trying to make sure if this is an issue.

:confused:

helpwithGC said:
YES WE WERE IN THE SAME SITUATION TILL TODAY MORNING. WE HAD FILED ON JUNE 30TH, GOT THE EMAIL ON JULY 8TH. COULD NOT RESPOND TO THE QUESTIONAIRE AS IT WAS ALREADY 8 DAYS AFTER THE FILING.

GOT THE CALL FROM DOL TODAY AND WITHIN MINUTES THE STATUS CHANGED TO FINAL REVIEW.

IN SHORT

APPLY DATE : 30th June
EMAIL RECEIVED DATE: 8th July (not able to answer as already 7 days over)
PHONE CALL FROM DOL: 14th July
STATUS as of 14th July evening: FINAL REVIEW.

The email you received from DOL has a helpdesk email. Your employer should email them to enquire about your case. They can also call to find out what's going on. Your lawyer should have a number for Chicago office.

Compiling all information we have is good, but I don't know what I can do about it. I cannot even influence my HR or attorney to ask DOL about the delay.

Keeping that aside, one thing comes to my mind, could it be dealayed because of the DOL functions were officially reassigned. But in that case why some approvals and some not, I saw some approvals posted on last Friday night, ofcourse some Financial Analyst position not IT though.

OR, may be all of us have a pending application in BEC and DOL wants us choose one and probably waiting on making the system uptodate to send that letter.

GC_Reform said:
I am trying to find out solution to why we are all stuck in this stage while other are getting approvals in 1-2 weeks......
I think following people are in this catagory.
Rajaabhi, Jay2005, Irin, stuck_in_tx, imaappqq, Gc_Reform, knowDOL

I will update if I find something.

My case is still in final review since June 29th. i applied on June 29th and got sponsorship and emailed them back and changed back to Final Review since then.........
but i've applied for different position from same company four years ago and it is still back log but this position for PERM is different than my previous one.

is it because i've in backlog delaying this PERM process?

anyone has same situation.
pls. do share with us..........would be really helpful...........

knowDOL said:
Compiling all information we have is good, but I don't know what I can do about it. I cannot even influence my HR or attorney to ask DOL about the delay.

Keeping that aside, one thing comes to my mind, could it be dealayed because of the DOL functions were officially reassigned. But in that case why some approvals and some not, I saw some approvals posted on last Friday night, ofcourse some Financial Analyst position not IT though.

OR, may be all of us have a pending application in BEC and DOL wants us choose one and probably waiting on making the system uptodate to send that letter.

All or most approvals seems to come from Atlanta. No one including my lawyer has a clue as to why there is no decision on my PERM. My lawyer also advised against calling or emailing the PERM center as the 60 day period is not yet over! Hence I guess I have to wait it out till then. I do not think DOL is as efficient to coordinate BEC and PERM applications. This limbo is frustrating. Any body has any news or educated guesses?

PERM with Future Employment

Has any one tried PERM under a future employment based. Meaning, An employer applying for a PERM before the employee joining the company. I heard the system flags such cases. I cannot believe that this is true.

My understanding, was the whole green card system was designed for future employment. So requiring to be already emoployed sounds weird.

Please let me know.

Final review for weeks

It is appealling to believe that most of approvals are from Atlanta and Chicago is delayed, but is it really true?. There are many approvals with filling date end of june-july, being in Final review for at most 2 weeks. Is it possible that cases changed after 6/24 were left untouched until 7/14 when they finally finished the rerun. Maybe these cases were assigned to some CO to be rerun again, because of the change. Cases approved were mostly after 6/24, which did not go through rerun. But now the rerun is over. If this week nothing comes......then it is a big concern.

2. Can some who has passed 60 days in this status let us know what was DOL reply. I will be in the same status in a few weeks.

My attorney filed perm for me in May. It went into final review after a week. Since then, no update. It has already passed 60 days. I urged the attorney to call DOL(Atlanta). She made a few phone calls. But she told me different things after each phone call. The most update answer from my attorney was just to wait. At this point, i don't know if my attorney told me the truth, if the DOL told her the truth and whatsoever. the system sucks.

Should I use PERM while pending since 2002?

My receipt came in August 2002 and I still haven't heard from anyone regarding my LCA. My H1B just got extended for the 7th year for 1 more year. Do you think I should be worried that I haven't received my 45 day letter yet. I called Philly but the moron on the phone was clueless. Do you think I should apply from scratch using PERM?

Thanks for the information. My understanding was that, the extended final review status was Chicago's issue only. Your post has clarified a couple of things for me. Yes DOL is a big sucker literally, it has quite a reputation to suck all applications :mad: . I was trying to find logic in the PERM process, now I have learnt the hard way that there is nothing logical about DOL or any process associated with it. I have had enough of this.

perm140485 said:

My attorney filed perm for me in May. It went into final review after a week. Since then, no update. It has already passed 60 days. I urged the attorney to call DOL(Atlanta). She made a few phone calls. But she told me different things after each phone call. The most update answer from my attorney was just to wait. At this point, i don't know if my attorney told me the truth, if the DOL told her the truth and whatsoever. the system sucks.

When you filed your case with your local SWA was it moved to regional office before the BEC's were setup? If it did not move to regional before being moved to either Dallas or Philly I think your case might be packed in one of the unpackaged boxes from SWA's. Which state did you file your LC and on what date? It is not important to get receipt date but you need to know the date you mailed or fedex the application to SWA. Thats your PD.
uguryilmaz said:
My receipt came in August 2002 and I still haven't heard from anyone regarding my LCA. /QUOTE]

We filed in NY state and I have no idea as to who picked it up when and how. All I know is that we filed in April 2002 and received the recipt in August 2002. I have no tracking number, no case number, nothing I can provide to have them search my application.

2nd question: Do you think I should give up and file a new application using PERM?

knowDOL said:
When you filed your case with your local SWA was it moved to regional office before the BEC's were setup? If it did not move to regional before being moved to either Dallas or Philly I think your case might be packed in one of the unpackaged boxes from SWA's. Which state did you file your LC and on what date? It is not important to get receipt date but you need to know the date you mailed or fedex the application to SWA. Thats your PD.
uguryilmaz said:
My receipt came in August 2002 and I still haven't heard from anyone regarding my LCA. /QUOTE]

has anyone passed more than 60days in PERM?
if so what would be the procedure to follow....
i know mine will be on the same boat next month its close to three weeks now. but i'm definitely sure i'd be the one on this.

I'ven't even recieved 45days notice from BEC which i applied LC on Aug 2002 and no letter nothing.
now finally end up with PERM and flowing in the same boat looks like it after reading eveyone's situation here in this forum.

this totally sucks....wasting time and money..........and i'd already renewed my H1b 7th year extension from my previous case this year which i'm hoping not to extend for next year but its not likely.

what would be the next now....

Finally my employer received the Sponsorship phone call from DOL yesterday (July 19th) and the conversation went well.

When will my status change? It has been more that 24 hours since DOL called and my status is still says "SPONSORSHIP". Is this normal? :(

You can always file new, that is no problem. It is not a fraud to have multiple LC's from the same company for same position and same person.

I think it would have been lying at NY satelite office and was not being moved to BEC's. Thats my guess. What is your attorney saying? Your attorney should be able to provide you the PD. Usually if you give your company phone number and name and PD (Date on which you filed LC) DOL will be able to tell you its where abouts. In the receipt you received in August what does it say? Does it say that it is moved to regional office?

uguryilmaz said:
We filed in NY state..... new application using PERM?

PERM for EB3 ??

hi all ... wondering if anyone heard of PERM approvals for EB3 from lawyers or colleagues ?!

I'm planning to start my PERM appl, but I don't qualify for EB2, and I haven't heard of any EB3 approvals, so should I even try ?!

tks for your input

EB2 Retrogation Possible in September

The recent DOL bulletin (August 2005) suggests EB2 retrogation in september 2005...

The state departments visa dates have not been published for August, they are the only ones who know what is going to retrogress. How does DOL know? Where did you read about it?

hi

Is this second time for your employer to receive phone call or email or the first time?

I have been in sponsorship since bug fix, since at the beginning, it was in audit, so if there will be another sponsorship call, which will be the second time call for me.

how about your case?

zoid said:
Finally my employer received the Sponsorship phone call from DOL yesterday (July 19th) and the conversation went well.

When will my status change? It has been more that 24 hours since DOL called and my status is still says "SPONSORSHIP". Is this normal? :(