Anyone file PERM today?

irinastaicu said:
There are many of us in final review after 6/24. No update.

It is strange that dol is holding up on many applications in final review. It looks like they are up to something, esp after seeing so many applications in final review. Any way we will know tomorrow because if EB2 retrogresses on Aug 1st, then that could very well be the reason. Then they probably will approve everyone after Aug1 for EB2 category. This is my personal opinoin, hope I am wrong.

DOL is not related to CIS which is not related to state department that controls visa numbers....
DOL is just messed up with PERM - this has nothing to do with EB-2 or EB-3.

jay2005 said:
It is strange that dol is holding up on many applications in final review. It looks like they are up to something, esp after seeing so many applications in final review. Any way we will know tomorrow because if EB2 retrogresses on Aug 1st, then that could very well be the reason. Then they probably will approve everyone after Aug1 for EB2 category. This is my personal opinoin, hope I am wrong.

Programming for optimal rate of approval

jay2005 said:

Nice comment. It's my turn to offer an educated guess. DOL has been busy tuning the program in order to keep the rate of approval between certain range. A lower bound of 3~5% had recently caused a lot of criticism to DOL, resulting in the Jun-24th rerun. An upper bound of, say, 60%, as the current trend may suggest, would irritate the don't-touch-my-cheese US middle class, and, consequently, the Congress. This may well be the reason that the DOL dudes appear to be tuning the program anew.

Filed my EB2 PERM a couple of days ago after the attorney waked up from a two-week hibernation, and would like to see tomorrow's much dreaded retrogression number.

eb2 retrogression

Any one got information about eb2 retrogression?We should be able to know today if eb2 will retrogress for august or not?If any one knows please post here.

Good Luck

Hi Everybody, Today is critical day and I wish goodluck to all EB2 aspirant one more month of breath time.

irinastaicu said:
There are many of us in final review after 6/24. No update.

thanks for your response. This is getting really bad. Not sure what those people want to do with so many application held up.

Update on PERM IssuesCite as "AILA InfoNet Doc. No. 05070141 (posted Jul. 1, 2005)"
Fixing the Decision Logic
AILA members have been reporting that some of their cases that had been showing on the status screens as “denied” have now switched to “review pending,” “audit” or some other status reflecting that the case is no longer denied. On the other hand, some members who previously saw “review” or “audit” statuses are now reporting screens that indicate “denied”. Still others report that previous “denied” screens have not changed. In response to inquiries about this, DOL indicates:
“Unfortunately, we have not had all issues fixed on the technology side, but we are in the process of doing so now. We will notify you when the changes are implemented. Please advise your members to be patient and not re-submit their applications. “
Counting Regulatory Time Periods
AILA’s DOL liaison sought clarification of comments from the Department of Labor during the AILA Annual Conference regarding how the PERM system counts regulatory time periods. Following is an excerpt from a DOL email on the counting of the required periods:
“…[T]here are two types of calculations performed by the Perm system: Time Period Calculations and Time Line Calculations.
Time Period Calculations are those verifying the number of days an activity took place (an example would be verifying that a job order ran for 30 days). When calculating Time Periods, the day the event occurred is counted as day one and the last day of the event is included in the count.
Time Line Calculations are those verifying the number of days prior to or after an event (an example of this is verifying the advertisements did not run less than 30 days or more than 180 days from the date of filing). When calculating Time Lines, the day the event occurred is not counted. The next date is counted as day one and the last day of the event is included in the count.”

This email is as of today from AILA

Disregard Pre-7/15/05 PERM Denial Notices

Cite as "AILA InfoNet Doc. No. 05071564 (posted Jul. 15, 2005)"
The Department of Labor has been addressing PERM decision logic issues that AILA has been bringing to its attention. As a result, it has re-run the cases already in its system--including those for which a denial notice has actually been sent--and a large number of previously-denied cases are now in processing for full review. Please check the PERM status screens on any electronically filed cases for which you have received a denial notice; you may find an active status now being reported.
You do not need to act on any denial notice dated through July 14, 2005, per the following email from Department of Labor:
"For applications previously listed as 'denied' but now showing they are re-activated (due to our re-running cases after we fixed glitches in the system), we will not hold employers to their original appeal dates for denials we sent through July 14, 2005. If their status has changed, they do not need to take any other action unless they hear from one of the NPCs. For those still in denied status, please wait until receiving the correct (second) denial letter before filing any appeals. Thanks for your patience as we sort through the new system."
Thank you to all the AILA members who have been sending in their denials. They have helped tremendously in enabling AILA's DOL liaison to identify trends and patterns and work with DOL to see that those issues are addressed. Please do continue to send them in so that this process can continue. It is best if they are sent by email to reports@aila.org. However, if you need to fax them instead, please send to the attention of Crystal Williams at 202-783-7853.

final review = audit review?

I think they are the same thing for those got final review after the rerun if you read the 2 news between lines. The status is all messed up.

PERM application approved in two weeks

Filed: 6/30/05
Sponsorship phone call: 07/08/05
Certified: 07/14/15/05

Other info:
Position: Financial Analyst
Requirements: Masters + 3 years experience
Sponsoring employee is an investment bank

Can I use experience outside US in BS+5?

Hi Guys,

My employer is filing PERM for me. I have a BS in Chemical Engineering in a foreign school and 6-7 years experience outside USA. Can I use gained experience for BS+5 to qualify for EB2?

Is your position is a IT position? Can you share some details of your case like job requirements and occupation.

johnsonmagic said:
Sent Atlanta Center on July 7th - Approved on July 13 th.

Just wanted to share with you all

Yes, you can as long as the experience is gained before you joined this employer. Current experience cannot be counted towards your 5 years. You should have had 5 years experience before joining the company

mroncesvalles said:
Hi Guys,

My employer is filing PERM for me. I have a BS in Chemical Engineering in a foreign school and 6-7 years experience outside USA. Can I use gained experience for BS+5 to qualify for EB2?

Did Anyone Received A Document from Perm Dept

After having certified How long does it takes to receive the letter from Perm for Labor Approval so that I-140 can be filed. Also is it true that we cannot file I-140 and I-485 concurrently. Please advice. Thanks.

Looks Eb2 for AUgust 2005 is safe

07/16/2005: Refuted Rumor of EB-1, EB-2, & EB-3 Visa Number Unavailability in August Visa Bulletin

* The August 2005 Visa Bulletin has yet to be released but there was a wild rumor that even EB-1 and EB-2 visa number would become unavailable effective August 1, 2005. AILA was however informed by the State Department that "it ain't true." It is a matter of a day or two that the immigrant community will get the August Visa Bulletin, but this rumor has thrown a fuel on the dry grass and spread like a wild forest fire for the last few days. Calm down!

07/16/2005: Amended DFLC Notice on PERM Denials and Advisory

* AILA has reported changes in the DFLC's PERM Denials Advisory which we posted yesterday. Accordingly, people should ignore our previous notice and follow the amended notice.
* The amended notice indicates that:
+ People can ignore the denial notice only if they received such denial notice dated earlier than June 24, 2005. These cases are currently processed for full review and people will receive another denial notice in the future, if it is deniable.
+ Those who received a denial notice dated between June 24, 2005 and July 14, 2005 (20-day period of time) can ignore the denial notice only if the screen now shows a sponsorship, audit review, final review, or other processing status. They will receive a letter either denying or approvding or audit in the future.
+ If the screen still shows the status as denied, or if the application was filed by mail, they should wait at least two week before considerng an appeal as they are expected to receive within the two-week period of time another, corrected denial notice, if the case is deniable. Once they receive such corrected denial letter, they will then have 60 days to file an appeal of such denial which was made between June 24, 2005 and July 15, 2005, despite the PERM regulation that requires an appeal within 30 days of denial decision.
* Hew, Amen!