Anyone file PERM today?

It was the first time.

Filed on July 1st
Received Sponsorship email on July 8th. Unable to respond as it was past 7 days
Received Phone call on July 18th. The call went well but still the status is in "SPONSORSHIP" as of July 19th.

Not sure if this is normal :mad:

nning said:
Is this second time for your employer to receive phone call or email or the first time?

I have been in sponsorship since bug fix, since at the beginning, it was in audit, so if there will be another sponsorship call, which will be the second time call for me.

how about your case?

PERM process & glitches

Hello everyone,
I just did a google search to help me find answers and came across this forum. I've read everything in this section and am hoping I can depend on you all through your experiences wt the GC!
1) I have a lawyer who really doesn't do anything but my employer wants to stick wt them. This means I do all the work in order to push my case forward or nothing happens.
2) As of now, I only have the job description ready and the lawyer is yet to apply for a prevailing wage determination even though we saw the equivalent on the DoL site on the 4 wage scale and then proceed wt the ads.

After seeing all your comments, i wonder whether i should wait a bit until all these DoL glitches are rectified and then continue pushing the lawyer to move wt my case?
Thanks for your help and you will hear more from me from now on...

KNOWDOL,
i'll ask my lawyer to check wherebout my case to call DOL.
i don't know what it says on the receipt .....
do you usually get reciept when you file LC thru' RIR.
lawyer told me he hasn't recieved anything.....nor has he mentioned me any reciept.

is that right? or do i get reciept also?

pls. help.

Confused Perm processing

HI,

My application shows certified since July 6th. No hard copy in mail yet?????

is there any one face this situation. Please share your thought. Confused :confused:

- Thanks

Still waiting for the hard copy too...

Applied July 7th
Sponsorship email came the same day.
After my HR replied to the email the status was in "final review" for a couple of days before changing to "certified".

Still waiting for the hard copy though.

Position: investment banking
Ad: MBA + 3 years (EB2)
No business necessity

can we have 2 LC at the same time for the same person?

is it allowed to have 2 cases (one rir and one perm) filed for the same person?many people r saying no and some other r saying yes. can somebody provide a link where it states that clearly?

What if EB2 gets rejected?

Hi Guys,

Please excuse me if I am going off the topic.

I was wondering what is the next step if a person gets denied in EB2.

Can he refile in EB3? If yes, what effect does earlier denial has on his application?

Waiting for inputs.. Please talktome..

Thanks

PERM Tracking

Hi,

My PERM application is submitted today and I have the case number for it. I do not have a log in information for the PERM site from my employer. Can anyone suggest tracking PERM application with the case number alone. If there is a phone #etc. Thanks
v

Can someone from Rajiv's office please provide some information about their experience with the cases they have filed and seen approved? Have they also experienced something similar in terms of a delay from the time the LC is certified to the time their office received the approved petition/ hard copy? I am sure if they have, they must have contacted the DOL and may have some information that will be very useful for everyone in this situation.

Anyone?

I am not in that situation right now (my case is still showing Final Review since 7/8) but it will be very helpful to know what one can expect even if the LC is certified.

PERM believer said:
Can you guys with certified status and no hard copy clarify whether its chicago or atlanta?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Hard Copy

Hi,

I am one of the unfortunate guy with certified status since July 6th, Atlanta. No hard copy yet.

PERM believer said:
Can you guys with certified status and no hard copy clarify whether its chicago or atlanta?

EB2 might retrogress in Sep 2005

Here is the link for August Visa Bulletin.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_2573.html

It says,

D. EMPLOYMENT VISA AVAILABILITY FOR THE REMAINDER OF FY-2005

Demand for numbers by CIS Offices for adjustment of status cases remains very high. As the end of the fiscal year approaches, it might be necessary to establish an Employment Second preference cut-off date for September to keep visa issuances within the annual numerical limits set by law. If required, such a cut-off date is likely to be limited to the China-mainland born and India chargeability areas.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any updates for those people who have been in final review since 6/24? Any progress? I am still waiting. almost a month passed now... :(

Hello Helen999,
First of all Congrats !!! .
And i have very small questions, I am new to this group and want to know if there is any link from which i can check the status of my Perm application.

Thanks !!!!!

Prkr

dsugandhi said:
Here is the link for August Visa Bulletin.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_2573.html

It says,

D. EMPLOYMENT VISA AVAILABILITY FOR THE REMAINDER OF FY-2005

Demand for numbers by CIS Offices for adjustment of status cases remains very high. As the end of the fiscal year approaches, it might be necessary to establish an Employment Second preference cut-off date for September to keep visa issuances within the annual numerical limits set by law. If required, such a cut-off date is likely to be limited to the China-mainland born and India chargeability areas.
Hi, When you are doing a new PERM case , are you converting your old case or going to do a cnversion to PERM basically ? We were thinking we should do a new PERM not being confident abt a EB2 approval in PERM. But now it looks like , lot of cases r being approved. May be in that case, conversion is right. But our attorney already started advertising etc for the fresh PERM case in EB2, I am not sure if he can do a conversion at this time . If EB2 retrogresses, how far will it retrogress, any idea ?

Gurus,

New to this forum. Please point me to the right forum if this is not the one for the following Qs.

1. What are the steps for PERM filing?
2. How long it's taking for each of those steps?

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks,

Vic