Anyone file PERM today?

Refiling Under PERM

Hi All,

My Labor was filed in 2002 in CA under NON-RIR. I am planning to get it converted to PERM and refile it.

Has anyone applied PERM with refiling to keep original priority date? As you know if we PERM app gets denied, we loose our priority date. I would like know your thoughts experience etc

Please le me know

Thankyou
k93157

nning

Hi, I spoke to the paralegal of my lawyer and she told me that all cases go thro audit review which means that our application is being reviewed by someone and if they want to audit then DOL would audit the whole process or select few things. that's what she told me. But I think as per helen 999 in this forum who got approved in 10 days or so, the case went from sponsorship to final review or something like that. Did DOL contact your employer for any documents for audit?
Anyway let's wait and see. My company has 95 employees.
Thanks
jay2005

Last edited by a moderator:
My case is MS + 0. Sr. SW. and level 2 wage. filed on 5/23. status is always "final review". never changed.

It is not aduit review, But we prepare to sumbit all the documents we have to avoid more REF.

To QQy

Hi,
I need one more clarification. So, your case went from sposorship to final review directly without going for audit review. Is That right? Did your employer get the sponsorship e-mail right away? And are you EB2?
Thanks
Jay2005

i think we are in same boat now

jay2005, my company has 120 people and my lawyer told me that since the job requires master degree, which triggered audit/review. and DOL should send audit letter, which is unknown at this point. and She did not know if all of the cases will be sent with audit letter or not.

and I am MS with 4 years exp. how about you?
my lawyer also said the lucky cases who went through are cases which need BS only, few exp. , also in small state.

That is all i can get, how about exchanging more info later on?

thanks,
nning

jay2005 said:
Hi, I spoke to the paralegal of my lawyer and she told me that all cases go thro audit review which means that our application is being reviewed by someone and if they want to audit then DOL would audit the whole process or select few things. that's what she told me. But I think as per helen 999 in this forum who got approved in 10 days or so, the case went from sponsorship to final review or something like that. Did DOL contact your employer for any documents for audit?
Anyway let's wait and see. My company has 95 employees.
Thanks
jay2005

What do you mean that not all the people would get audit letters. ? If it is audit review is it possible not to be audited. Could you explain again what did your lawyer mean by not all of them would get letters?

To nning

hi,
I am a pediatrician board certified in pediatrics. My job requires pediatric board eligiblity and state license. That's all. Anyway, DOL decides who gets the lottery ( LC passes thro' easily without audit) !!
Thanks
Jay2005

question H12

qqy said:
My case in MS + 0. Sr. SW. and level 2 wage. filed on 5/23. status is always "final review". never changed.

It is not aduit review, But we prepare to sumbit all the documents we have to avoid more REF.

Hello qqy,

Is your H12 on ETA 9089 form answered as YES or NO?
Thanks,

Yumi

The answer of H12 is yes. My case status was changed to final review from sponsorship, after that, never changed and issued REF last week.

Hello jay,

Good to know that someone else is sailing in the same boat - I am a radiologist with similar job requirements. Status went from sponsorship to Audit review.

No one including the lawyer is still able to answer what the status means: I get 2 interpretations : The case is audited and audit file will be requested soon thru a letter from DOL. The other is the one I like : The case is being reviewed if it needs an audit ......

Its probably going to be the first one though - as I have stopped expecting to have smooth sailing ....

jay2005 said:
hi,
I am a pediatrician board certified in pediatrics. My job requires pediatric board eligiblity and state license. That's all. Anyway, DOL decides who gets the lottery ( LC passes thro' easily without audit) !!
Thanks
Jay2005

perm believer

HI,
I have sent a private message to you

JAY2005

qqy said:
The answer of H12 is yes. My case status was changed to final review from sponsorship, after that, never changed and issued REF last week.

Thank you for sharing. Is your F2 answered as 15-1031 or 15-1032? Is F3 software engineer?

Really appreciate your information.

Yumi

Audit Review update

roseind said:
We have not received any letter for audit or email after status changed to "Audit Review".. we received only one email after replying "sponsorship" questionnaire.. it has the following "Thank you for completing the online sponsorship verification questionnaire. All questions were acceptable and the case will continue processing. Expect to receive formal notification via letter concerning a decision at a later date "

Hi Roseind,

If I am not wrong, then your case went to "Audit Review" status. Can you please share about your current status? Also, have you received any kind of audit letter etc?

Thanks,

Hello nning,

Mine is status quo. As far as I understand yes, the day of filing is your priority date. Also, Audit review accourding to my lawyer is that our application is being review and they will be asking for some supporting documents. If they are satisfied with it they make their decision or ask for more docs.. God knows what happens after this.

Its painful. Lets hope logic springs up in the office of DOL.

Oh yes I am still in Audit review (filed on May 20th)

PERM questions

Hi,

Please share your experice regarding following question.

1. In O*NET there is no name of software name is written. So if we ask for a specific software would be a special requirement? for a Mechanical Engineering position?

2. Should we include this reuirement and years of experice needed in question H14 in ETA 9089

- Thanks

maverick13 said:
dsuGandhi,
MS is equal to 4 years of SVP. So when you ask for MS+2yrs exp, you are asking for a total of 4+2=6 years SVP for your position.
Now Job zone 4 has an 7<SVP<8, which as per DOL translates to 2yrs<SVP<4years. Hence if you are asking for more than 4 years SVP [which in your case is 6 years] for a job zone 4 position, question H-12 will have to be answered as "NO" i.e. requirements are not normal as per ONET/DOL.

how do you get this 2yrs<SVP<4yrs? Is it not 7<SVP<8 means min of 7 SVP (Over 2 yrs up to and ) but under max of SVP 8 (including 10 years). So between 2 yrs to 10 yrs?

Also, I have Job Zone=4;SVP=7<8;ETCC=5. I have Bachelor+10yrs but for ad we are considering Masters OR Bachelor + 5yrs
  • Should the ad even mention Masters or just Bachelor+5yrs is fine?
  • For ad with Masters - What is the ans to H12 and can I apply in EB2?
  • For ad with Bachelor+5yrs - What is the ans to H12 and can I apply in EB2?
Pls clarify.

Consolidated data

Thought of putting some consolidated data from the current thread to help everyone.

Following are the id's who have reported Certified status
ID Status date
helen999 06/02/2005
engee
stan01 5/22/2005

Following are the id's who have reported Sponsorship status
ID Status date
smile_sac
bulldoghu 05/05/2005

Following are the id's who have reported Audit Review status
ID Status Date
Rajaabhi 05/20/2005
roseind 05/06/2005
iampppqqq 05/29/2005
zarpot 05/30/2005
atlantis 05/20/2005
nning 05/21/2005
jay2005 05/15/2005
PERM believer
Alexnepom 06/03/2005

Please update this document, if you guys have more data.

Perm Denied

EB2, SVP 8, Job Zone 5, PW leve 1, all criteria met. But my petition was denied. We are waiting for the letter to come in the mail as we do not know why it was rejected. Does anybody know how long it take to get the denial letter? Also, according to the attorney handling the case, the system "determined" that the employee (I) filed the application and not him. Which is not at all true, I do not even have access to the system. This according to him might be the reason for denial. We did not get the sponsorship email that roseind has mentioned in one of the earlier posts. Did all those who applied for PERM get the sponsorship email. Any help would be really appreciated. :confused: :( :(