Anyone file PERM today?

PERM for future job

I'm current working as a research associate in an University and my employer agreed to sponpor me for GC through LC. They plan to put Adv for Assistant professor for the recruitment for PERM for me. But as you know, the promotion processs to Assistant professor in the University may take up to a year. My Question is: After I get the LC, can I file for I-140 before I get promoted to Assistant Professor?
Thanks for your advice

Questions on PERM

undefinedHi, All Perm ers:

1: Did you guys all do the in-house media for the recruitment? I did the internal posting and have no idea about the in-house media. My company usually post the job on company's website. Do I need to post my position in the website?

2: About the PERM registration, did you use the company's corporate address or local office address where you are working in?

Thanks!

Yes

real said:
I'm current working as a research associate in an University and my employer agreed to sponpor me for GC through LC. They plan to put Adv for Assistant professor for the recruitment for PERM for me. But as you know, the promotion processs to Assistant professor in the University may take up to a year. My Question is: After I get the LC, can I file for I-140 before I get promoted to Assistant Professor?
Thanks for your advice

My understanding is that the green card process is for a future job - not necessarily the one that you currently hold.

My EB2 application got rejected on Friday

My EB2 application got rejected on Friday and I was told by attorney that PERM application is having some bugs as it is not able to recognize more than three current employments . How far this is true?? I am applying for IT Manager.Pls. post your feedback.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello hotmad1,

My attorney told me the same story. DOL is currently reviewing the PERM
system and will reprocess all cases in the new revised system. I don't how long it will take.

My app got rejected too and my attorney is waiting the denial letter. we decide to wait two weeks for that letter, otherwise we just go ahead and refile it.

Good luck

Hotmad1,

this might be important information. Can you please express more clearly what you mean with:"it is not able to recognize more than three current employments".

Do you mean: no more than 3 PERM applications from the same employer???

Please clarify.

hotmad1 said:
My EB2 application got rejected on Friday and I was told by attorney that PERM application is having some bugs as it is not able to recognize more than three current employments . How far this is true?? I am applying for IT Manager.Pls. post your feedback.

Couple of q's:

1) What are fees for filing Perm?

2) How soon after rejection you can file again in same catagory?

Thanks,

m_img said:
Couple of q's:

1) What are fees for filing Perm?
--- None.
2) How soon after rejection you can file again in same catagory?
--- Immediately, off course after correcting mistake for which PERM rejected.

Thanks,

Last edited by a moderator:
DOL Sponosorship email

Hi, Guys,

Please share your DOL sponsorship email with the question and what should be the answer of the question " Do you have position available?" Why it should be yes ?

Can a person apply for PERM on H4?

My wife is currently in US on H4 visa. She has already applied for her H1 with a starting date of October 1, 2005 with a consulting firm. She doesn't have a social security number which she will get after October 1, 2005. Can she apply for her labor certification under PERM? The consulting firm is telling us that we need to wait for her to start working, get a labor certification before filing a PERM application. Is this information correct?

As far as I know H-4 also allows dual-intend (just like H-1B). Since GC is for future job she doesn't have to work there - in fact never has to work there until she gets the GC (then she has to work for sponsoring employer unless she used AC-21 before...read more on this - don't want to confuse you here needlessly).

sb41 said:
My wife is currently in US on H4 visa. She has already applied for her H1 with a starting date of October 1, 2005 with a consulting firm. She doesn't have a social security number which she will get after October 1, 2005. Can she apply for her labor certification under PERM? The consulting firm is telling us that we need to wait for her to start working, get a labor certification before filing a PERM application. Is this information correct?

Last three employments

gc_2006,
I meant when we enter employment history details on the PERM application and if we have more that three then there is a problem.

When did file your Perm application

hotmad1 said:
gc_2006,
I meant when we enter employment history details on the PERM application and if we have more that three then there is a problem.

Hi, hotmad1,

I am sorry to hear that and thanks a lot for sharing experience. When did file your perm application? How long it got rejected. Probably your case will be transferred to manaully review.

Thanks for the clarification.

Actually that's important for me (had more than 3 changes). What about just listing the last 3 relevant ones? I hope they fix that soon.

hotmad1 said:
gc_2006,

PERM and Proposed Employment

Hi,
I posted here before that I work part time and thinking about perm. I talked to a lawyer today and he says that if my company can offer me a full time position after 2 yrs then they can take the case and go ahead with it.
Does that sound correct?
Bye
Perm seeker

more like upon approval of the GC - not 'after 2 years'.

PERM4ME said:
Hi,
I posted here before that I work part time and thinking about perm. I talked to a lawyer today and he says that if my company can offer me a full time position after 2 yrs then they can take the case and go ahead with it.
Does that sound correct?
Bye
Perm seeker

Hi,
He estimated 2 yrs for getting GC via PERM. Is that too long? He said 4-5 months for preparing the application and approval 2 months or so then applying 140 and 485 etc...
Please suggest..
Bye
PERM seeker

YES. THat is very important for me too. I have more than three company changes. Including the current job I will have a total of four companies information that needed to be entered. My ads will expire on June 15th. I need to apply before that. Please update this thread if you are able to apply again after rejections and your suggestion about whether to go further or not.

gc_2006 said:
Thanks for the clarification.

Actually that's important for me (had more than 3 changes). What about just listing the last 3 relevant ones? I hope they fix that soon.

It is important that you apply not less than 30 days after the last ad is posted. The SWA job order is considered an ad...therefore, if the SWA job order was posted on May 15, it should run till June 15. You start counting the "30 days after the last ad is posted" from June 15. (provided all other advertisements were done before June 15).

Hence, you can apply on July 15 at the earliest.