Anyone file PERM today?

gc_2006,

Please update me with your filing dates. I am in similar situation. I have a hostory of three employers that we need to enter. Update me on what is your attorney's suggestion.

gc_2006 said:
Hotmad1,

this might be important information. Can you please express more clearly what you mean with:"it is not able to recognize more than three current employments".

Do you mean: no more than 3 PERM applications from the same employer???

Please clarify.

knowDOL said:
gc_2006,

Please update me with your filing dates. I am in similar situation. I have a hostory of three employers that we need to enter. Update me on what is your attorney's suggestion.

Hi knowDOL,

most probably you are going to file before me. Since I have a non-RIR since March 2005 pending as a backup due to 6th year extension I have decided to have us hold off on filing for PERM for now until I have applied for my 7th year. Unfortunately the lawyer is of the opinion that we have to withdraw the non-RIR to attach the priority date....you get the drift. So unfortunately although we are almost done with all the recruitement we'll have to wait for a while for safety (I am so annoyed that all these different regulations which make life hard).

I know that you can withdraw your pending labor and convert it to PERM, but is it true that if your PERM app gets rejected for whatsoever reason, you also lose your PD? Please advise if anyone knows about this issue? Last time I taked to my lawyer, and he is saying me the same? How could you lose the PD?

That is exactly the problem (and fear),

DOL would get a lot more people to withdraw (and reduce their workload) if they had given clear guidance on that. My lawyer is afraid (=read: does not know) that PERM could torpedo the original labor certification if we didn't actively withdraw it to keep the PD. But if PERM gets rejected (and there are plentiful reasons nowadays) he doesn't know if we can file again and keep the PD.

labordrags said:
I know that you can withdraw your pending labor and convert it to PERM, but is it true that if your PERM app gets rejected for whatsoever reason, you also lose your PD? Please advise if anyone knows about this issue? Last time I taked to my lawyer, and he is saying me the same? How could you lose the PD?

Last edited by a moderator:
gc_2006 said:
That is exactly the problem (and fear),

DOL would get a lot more people to withdraw (and reduce their workload) if they had given clear guidance on that. My lawyer is afraid (=read: does not know) that PERM could torpedo the original labor certification if we didn't actively withdraw it to keep the PD. But if PERM gets rejected (and there are plentiful reasons nowadays) he doens't know if we can file again and keep the PD.

I heard that after your application gets rejected you can refile it again immediately. Not sure how this info holds its truth. I am really worried and eager to file via PERM, as few members got the approval in just few weeks. Lawyer is asking for 2K for the entire process, not sure if this is a standard or if he has to drill more out from his brian to get it right?

sponsorship stage

hello everyone,
My application is still in the sponsorship stage. We got the sponsorship e-mail on the 9th day only and the website would not let us respond to the questions as it was after the 7 days, But the initial e-mail was after 9 days. Now, we are stuck. Tried to call DOL and they say that perm processing center deals with this. But we could not acess the perm help desk. Any body in a similar siuation? Any ideas? There are so many glitches in the system and perm is not the solution for everything. Any suggestions appreciated. Lawyers are interested only in the money and don't really understand our plight.
Thanks.
Jay2005

Hi

Hi,

What are the question DOL asked in sponsorship email?

what is Answer of the "Do you have a open position"?

I Dol mean by this question???

shafiq70

I think we have to answer yes to that question about the open position. It means that the job is available. That is what my guess.
Jay2005

My case is in final review. But DOL requests my recruitment report. Is this request normal? Any experience?

Thanks

Congrats QQY!!

Congrats qqy!!

Would you mind sharing your details like EB2 or EB3? What position you applied and When did you apply etc.

If the PERM case is denied do we get any Email from DOL giving any further details for denial, pls. respond with your feedback

Last edited by a moderator:
Waiting to apply

Hi Guys,

My lawyer is waiting for last couple of weeks to apply my LC in PERM.
He is now saying that DOL is not approving any EB-2 cases with bachelor degree. He reiterates that there is a computer glitch.
Do you guys have any idea on this issue

DBU

Congrats QQy

Caongrats QQy,
Could you tell me if your stage went from sponsorship to audit review or final review directly. Mine just went to audit review. Can anyboby tell me if all applications go from sponsorship stage to audit review and then final review or few jump from sponsorship to final review and get approved in few days?
thanks
Jay2005

priority categories and degree requirements

desi_boy_usa said:
Hi Guys,

My lawyer is waiting for last couple of weeks to apply my LC in PERM.
He is now saying that DOL is not approving any EB-2 cases with bachelor degree. He reiterates that there is a computer glitch.
Do you guys have any idea on this issue

DBU

I have a physics MS and am applying for an IT position. My employer is a little reluctant in recommending that i should go for EB2 category with a non-computer science degree though he does not outright reject it either. his take is this that the priority and probability of acceptance of applications need to be balanced and so the latter should not be unnecessarily sacrificed/ jeopardized for priority. and so EB3 would probably be a safer option. does anyone in the forum have anything to share about this?

Can other folks share their experience on what their lawyers say on the degree requirements with priority categories please?

thanks in advance

AMN

dsuGandhi,
MS is equal to 4 years of SVP. So when you ask for MS+2yrs exp, you are asking for a total of 4+2=6 years SVP for your position.
Now Job zone 4 has an 7<SVP<8, which as per DOL translates to 2yrs<SVP<4years. Hence if you are asking for more than 4 years SVP [which in your case is 6 years] for a job zone 4 position, question H-12 will have to be answered as "NO" i.e. requirements are not normal as per ONET/DOL.

dsugandhi said:
Hi Gurus,

I am thinking of filing PERM application. We got PWD from SWA. We have not run any newspaper adds etc.

1. job title classification by SWA: Computer Systems Analyst
2. PW level from SWA (level1,2,3?): 3
3. required experience (MS + x yrs): MS + 2

I got information from o-net for Computer Systems Analyst post which says

Title Job Zone Four: Considerable Preparation Needed
Overall Experience A minimum of two to four years of work-related skill, knowledge, or experience is needed for these occupations. For example, an accountant must complete four years of college and work for several years in accounting to be considered qualified.
Job Training Employees in these occupations usually need several years of work-related experience, on-the-job training, and/or vocational training.
Job Zone Examples Many of these occupations involve coordinating, supervising, managing, or training others. Examples include accountants, chefs and head cooks, computer programmers, historians, pharmacists, and police detectives.
SVP Range (7.0 to < 8.0)
Education Most of these occupations require a four - year bachelor's degree, but some do not.

Currently I am having MCA degree with 3 years of experience prior to joing my current employer.

Can any one explain, how do we know what SVP level I am at? If possible, Please explain, how do we calculate SVP level?

maverick13, how did you know, MS+2 years for a Job zone 4 is way above the SVP level (7-8) for job zone 4.

I guess SVP level knowledge is very important for answer to question H-12.

Thanks,

Jay2005, please read

Hi, Jay, I am in the same boat. I am filing PERM for EB2 on May 21st, and since then, the case is in audit/review stage. my lawyer told me that vast majority of the cases are in audit/review. I am not sure if this is true.

our company is 120 employee company, and I do not know if you know anything about the audit/review stage.

would you like to share your info too?

Thanks,
nning

jay2005 said:
Caongrats QQy,
Could you tell me if your stage went from sponsorship to audit review or final review directly. Mine just went to audit review. Can anyboby tell me if all applications go from sponsorship stage to audit review and then final review or few jump from sponsorship to final review and get approved in few days?
thanks
Jay2005

hi, Rajaabhi, please read this

My case(PERM, EB2) is in audit/review too, and filing date is may 21st. BTW, As i understand, the filing date of PERM is going to be my priority date right? even the case is in audit/review stage, if i am wrong, please correct me.

Do you have any update information for the audit/review stage?> would you like to share?

thanks
nning

rajaabhi said:
And my status is "Audit Review" since May 20th

We do not need to withdraw if you are asking to keep PD. When you check this box, DOL will automaticaly withdraw the case in BEC or SWA and get its file and check if it is identical and keep the PD. You will not be affected with 7th year extension. If you are sure that it is identical it is better to file now. I also one file pending Non-RIR in BEC on which I applied 7th year extension very recently(with premium processing). We are going to withdraw that Non-RIR LC in BEC only after DOL asks us choose one either PERM or BEC. Also, I have appllied in PERM yesterday.

gc_2006 said:
Hi knowDOL,

most probably you are going to file before me. Since I have a non-RIR since March 2005 pending as a backup due to 6th year extension I have decided to have us hold off on filing for PERM for now until I have applied for my 7th year. Unfortunately the lawyer is of the opinion that we have to withdraw the non-RIR to attach the priority date....you get the drift. So unfortunately although we are almost done with all the recruitement we'll have to wait for a while for safety (I am so annoyed that all these different regulations which make life hard).

maverick13 said:
dsuGandhi,
MS is equal to 4 years of SVP. So when you ask for MS+2yrs exp, you are asking for a total of 4+2=6 years SVP for your position.
Now Job zone 4 has an 7<SVP<8, which as per DOL translates to 2yrs<SVP<4years. Hence if you are asking for more than 4 years SVP [which in your case is 6 years] for a job zone 4 position, question H-12 will have to be answered as "NO" i.e. requirements are not normal as per ONET/DOL.

Thanks mavrick13,

I will discuss with my lawyer the same.

Thanks,

knowDOL said:
We do not need to withdraw if you are asking to keep PD. When you check this box, DOL will automaticaly withdraw the case in BEC or SWA and get its file and check if it is identical and keep the PD. You will not be affected with 7th year extension. If you are sure that it is identical it is better to file now. I also one file pending Non-RIR in BEC on which I applied 7th year extension very recently(with premium processing). We are going to withdraw that Non-RIR LC in BEC only after DOL asks us choose one either PERM or BEC. Also, I have appllied in PERM yesterday.

KnowDOL,

I am also like you. I have one RIR LC pending since Nov 2003. I am planning for PERM. I am about to finish my 5th year before that I am planing to apply through PERM. I am not withdrawing pending LC and still filing new PERM. Which ever approves first, I will file 140/485.