Anyone file PERM today?

I can just guess that they track the IP address and either it was dynamic and changed or PERM might not have been filed from the same PC the PIN was requested. I am just guessing, but maybe it is important that the employer uses the identical PC for all PERM related matters.

If they detect a difference in IP address they'll probably automatically assume something is wrong.

cabal said:
Also, according to the attorney handling the case, the
system "determined" that the employee (I) filed the application and not him. Which is not at all true, I do not even have access to the system. This according to him might be the reason for denial.

1. In my case it took 1 month 4 days to get the denial letter. The reason given in the lette itself is WRONG!!! We have NOT refiled in this JUNK system, we are fighting it out.

2. DO NOT believe on attorney's assumptions. They are dumber than you think on PERM - believe me on this. If the case was LOST, all that stupid attorney needed to do is SEARCH by typing your case no. After filing first time, u might feel the case is lost BUT if you have noted down the case no. u can type in and search for it. I personally believe, IF we carefully read and understand PERM stuff, after 2-3 months, we can file on our own and better than an attorney.
This is going to be interesting- smart employers just need to save template of each type of case one time prepared by attorney and then as long as the PERM is in place, they can create the case themselves and eliminate the arrogant attorneys who generally never respond after taking fees and when they respond they never have good news.

3. DO NOT believe on dynamic vs static IP (Yup - I'm a telccom person), stuff as if it will be the case, it will make it impossible for any attorney /employer to track the case from any where away from their PC in this wireless world.

Bottom line: this government is sucking our big taxes and have nothing efficient on their part. I STRONGLY believe IF they can't fix this simple system they should outsource it!

cabal said:
EB2, SVP 8, Job Zone 5, PW leve 1, all criteria met. But my petition was denied. We are waiting for the letter to come in the mail as we do not know why it was rejected. Does anybody know how long it take to get the denial letter? Also, according to the attorney handling the case, the system "determined" that the employee (I) filed the application and not him. Which is not at all true, I do not even have access to the system. This according to him might be the reason for denial. We did not get the sponsorship email that roseind has mentioned in one of the earlier posts. Did all those who applied for PERM get the sponsorship email. Any help would be really appreciated. :confused: :( :(

Contacting DOL!

Thanks for your response. My attorney already contacted the DOL and was told that they will only respond by mail and will respond within "reasonable" time. I do have the case number. Is it a good idea to contact the dol again.

Well said greatgc

You are right greatgc,
When DOL cannot write a simple system which does some intelligent guess based on yes or nos for 20 or so questions where in the helll will they know which PC the app was filed from. I think a fresh graduate of Computer Science can write a better PERM system in about of couple of months. DOL really sucks

cabal said:
EB2, SVP 8, Job Zone 5, PW leve 1, all criteria met. But my petition was denied. We are waiting for the letter to come in the mail as we do not know why it was rejected. Does anybody know how long it take to get the denial letter? Also, according to the attorney handling the case, the system "determined" that the employee (I) filed the application and not him. Which is not at all true, I do not even have access to the system. This according to him might be the reason for denial. We did not get the sponsorship email that roseind has mentioned in one of the earlier posts. Did all those who applied for PERM get the sponsorship email. Any help would be really appreciated. :confused: :( :(
Your job is EB2, SVP 8, Job Zone 5 but your PW is only level 1. That may be the problem!

good point

compiler said:
Your job is EB2, SVP 8, Job Zone 5 but your PW is only level 1. That may be the problem!

I've got level 4 wage. But the SWA quoted level 2 for my SVP8/JobZone5 job. I expect to have my PERM denied next week right after submission. Great conspiracy!

Have you allready filled PERM?

mummiezed said:
I've got level 4 wage. But the SWA quoted level 2 for my SVP8/JobZone5 job. I expect to have my PERM denied next week right after submission. Great conspiracy!

Hi mummiezed,

Have you already filled PERM application?
If yes, can you please let us know, what is your PERM application status at present?

Thanks,

Perm Rule Update

My case is in Audit Review since last week of May.

Here is what my lawyer emailed.

"The Department of Labor is doing a 'one month assessment' of the PERM system and has suspended case processing until late June. We expect an Audit Review letter in mid July"

May be you guys already know about it.

Hi Zarpot,
What does it mean?

"The Department of Labor is doing a 'one month assessment' of the PERM system and has suspended case processing until late June. We expect an Audit Review letter in mid July"

No PERM applications are accepting until the sytem is assessed. How long it is?
I did not know about this .

Unfortunately i dont know exactly what that mean.

My Understanding is that they will still accept new applications but stopped processing the Audit Review Applications for one month.

I am gonig to talk to the lawyer today and will try to get more information.

Thanks

cabal said:

cabal - if you did not get the sponsorship email, and got rejected almost immediately it probably means that the software system rejected you (not an officer/clerk). When you put in the application, the computer used must be within your corporate network (because the software identifies it by IP/domain). Also, the email used should be a company email. All kinds of ways they have of checking stuff.

Did you get the rejection almost immediately?
Also, what's your title?
and your education requirements?

Let us know..

To rajaabhi

Hi, Rajaabhi,

Have you got any news? I read some posts here and it sayes DOL is doing self accessment? have you heard of that too?

Thanks,
nning

rajaabhi said:
Hello nning,

Mine is status quo. As far as I understand yes, the day of filing is your priority date. Also, Audit review accourding to my lawyer is that our application is being review and they will be asking for some supporting documents. If they are satisfied with it they make their decision or ask for more docs.. God knows what happens after this.

Its painful. Lets hope logic springs up in the office of DOL.

Oh yes I am still in Audit review (filed on May 20th)

audit review

Hi Zarpot,

Does your lawyer know if audit review means really audit or only a review done by an officer who may decide weather or not to audit it? Also, the audit review means that we will not be done with PERM in 45 -60 days, as innitially stated?

mummiezed said:
Is your case EB2? If it is denied, it will be other than PW problem because the level 2 was determined by the SWA.

Can lawyer file under EB2 when I have BE and 5yrs work-ex?

My lawyer is telling me that they cannot apply for GC under PERM for EB2 category as the system is not recognising that BE+5 yrs work-ex is equivalent to Masters?

Would appreciate it if someone knows this answer.

bidhanc said:
Approval in 28 days for IT position with MS+ 0: http://murthyforum.atinfopop.com/4/...912&m=282103157

I checked the site but my Q is whether PERM system is recognizing
BE+5 yrs work-ex = Masters and can file under EB2?

Bidhan
Bidhan,
I can't understand the co-relation between PERM not recognizing the equivalance. It's your job requirement that should say, min. requirement to be MS + 0 OR BS + 5. PERM is not allowing to say that?
EB2 is at I-140 stage based on this requirement mentioned in the approved LC. PERM itself does not recognize/distinguish EB2/EB3..

abzy2004 said:
Bidhan,
I can't understand the co-relation between PERM not recognizing the equivalance. It's your job requirement that should say, min. requirement to be MS + 0 OR BS + 5. PERM is not allowing to say that?
EB2 is at I-140 stage based on this requirement mentioned in the approved LC. PERM itself does not recognize/distinguish EB2/EB3..

Hi abzy2004,

I am not sure what the co-relation is either.
But what he told me was that they were seeing a lot of "denials" while applying under EB2 category and that if I wanted to he could go ahead and apply under EB3 right now.
From your reply I gather that lawyers shld file according to the requirement of the job and there is no mention of EB2 or EB3 at this point?