Anyone been approved in Garden City, NY, recently?

jdawg9 said:
Received new email that my card has been order and will be sent soon yesterday @ 8pm :)

Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On May 4, 2006, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.

Great news, jdawg9! Congrats again.

I am so confused with the online status updates. How come justfiled only got an email saying her I485 was approved and that she would get the approval notice (then she got her GC a day later), while jdawg9's online message said that the new card was ordered and would be mailed? Seems like justfiled never got the message jdawg9 got? Why is that?

yellowtuna123 said:
Great news, jdawg9! Congrats again.

I am so confused with the online status updates. How come justfiled only got an email saying her I485 was approved and that she would get the approval notice (then she got her GC a day later), while jdawg9's online message said that the new card was ordered and would be mailed? Seems like justfiled never got the message jdawg9 got? Why is that?

I got my welcome notice and the I-130 approval notice today as well.
And I received the same email as jdawg9 got(new card ordered) on May 4th, I guess we just need to wait the GC card in 2-3 weeks. The welcome notice is the approval notice of I-485, so we do not need to worry too much about it at this point. Good luck for all of us!

NY050604 said:
I got my welcome notice and the I-130 approval notice today as well.
And I received the same email as jdawg9 got(new card ordered) on May 4th, I guess we just need to wait the GC card in 2-3 weeks. The welcome notice is the approval notice of I-485, so we do not need to worry too much about it at this point. Good luck for all of us!

Hmm, I still haven't gotten the "new card ordered" email yet... I guess I will keep my fingers crossed...

Yep, I never got that email which said : your new card has been ordered....

I was waiting for that as well :confused: and was quite shocked to get the actual card in the mail.

What I did get was this: I got 2 approval emails for 1485. One said it was mailed on April 24th (the day I got approved) and the second said it was mailed on May 1st.

However, my approval notices for both 485 and 130 were post marked April 26th. The g c envelope was post marked April 29th. Go figure!

Weird...

I finally got the same email NY050604 and jdawg9 got. And the status said, "On May 4, 2006, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready." Not quite sure why I got the status update on May 6, instead of May 4...

Anyway, it's good news... I guess I shouldn't be too concerned about it. ;)

Help

Hey guys I interviewed at Garden City on Jan 30, 2006. The officer told me that I need to wait for security clearance, and that it should take three months. It's been over 3 months now. No news. What shall I do? I am married to a US citizen.

Just a general question here: is Garden City where all Green Card applications are handles for NYC? if not is there a thread with the NYC timeline for i-485? Thanks in advance....

Jdawg9 and yellow tuna,
How long did you guys wait before you got the e-mail? Did either of you have the interview at the Garden city office?

I went to Garden City this morning and they would not let me speak with the officer (she also gave me a verbal approval but no stamp). I have already gone to Federal Plaza twice and all they say is that my file arrived at Fed. Plaza in early April and that i should keep waiting.. :mad:

chaimdan said:
Just a general question here: is Garden City where all Green Card applications are handles for NYC? if not is there a thread with the NYC timeline for i-485? Thanks in advance....

Nope, NYC processes applications in both Federal Plaza and Garden City... Check out this thread - you can get a sense of timeline for a few people who went through their interviews at Federal Plaza:

http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=210519

hi kathie,
my husband and i are still waiting too. we were interviewed on March 13, 2006. so when 90 days have passed, we're going to start our inquiries. maybe try to contact the officer first. or go down to garden city on a friday....if you don't have any luck, you may want to make infopass appointment with federal plaza. finally, contact your congressperson if you have no luck after all attempts.
good luck!

manoleto said:
Jdawg9 and yellow tuna,
How long did you guys wait before you got the e-mail? Did either of you have the interview at the Garden city office?

I went to Garden City this morning and they would not let me speak with the officer (she also gave me a verbal approval but no stamp). I have already gone to Federal Plaza twice and all they say is that my file arrived at Fed. Plaza in early April and that i should keep waiting.. :mad:

I interviewed at Federal Plaza and got my approval email about a month later. Based on what I've seen on these threads, the timing varies quite a bit on a case-by-case basis though... I've seen people who have waited for months (mostly because of FBI name check) and I've seen people who have gotten their approval a day or a week after their interview...

Thanks Yellowtuna.
I've never heard of the FBI name check. All i did was fingerprints and biometrics and thought that was all. Whats the FBI name check abbout?

yellowtuna123 said:
I interviewed at Federal Plaza and got my approval email about a month later. Based on what I've seen on these threads, the timing varies quite a bit on a case-by-case basis though... I've seen people who have waited for months (mostly because of FBI name check) and I've seen people who have gotten their approval a day or a week after their interview...
it is my third week, still no words, monday i received a package sent from uscis, inside is my original birth certificate, nothing else. I left there without taking it back, that's why they sent it back I guess.
man, this process is taking too long, for me, it is almost 2 and half years since I applied. I am also too tight with job, no time to go Federal Plaza or garden city, (as i read, seems don't work), but i will make infor pass next week or 24th to find out what is really going on.
you guys get done pretty fast, can't imagine some plp have beening waiting for three months and still no words.
it is pissing me off.

manoleto said:
Thanks Yellowtuna.
I've never heard of the FBI name check. All i did was fingerprints and biometrics and thought that was all. Whats the FBI name check abbout?

Check out the thread in the AOS timeline thread - the first post has links to a few FBI name check threads... Basically, the FBI needs to check one's name against their database to make sure there is nothing suspicious about that person (e.g. terrorist, criminal activity etc. etc.)...

Hi guys- just a quick note to say that I'm still lurking around and reading all your posts! Jdawg, yellowtuna, you should be getting the card any day now, I guess!

Kathy, if it makes you feel any better, I know ppl who've had interview before you and still waiting- I'm not sure if we all even know exactly why some are kept waiting much longer than others- beyond the usual FBI speculation :rolleyes:

I myself, waited month and a half before I got my approval. And within one week of approval, I received the actual card. For some people even getting the card takes a while.

Manoleto- USCIS and FBI conduct a background check on you- I know I've read great, very useful threads regarding that on this forum but I don't know where to go find them now. I don't have enough accurate information to tell you much more. But basically, from what I gather they do a check on your here, in the US as well as a check in your home country- mostly for criminal activities etc. Some people get stuck on that phase for an indefinite period of time and I don't think there is a concrete reason why. I think it could be a lot of factors from- common names, lazy officers not following up, file just lying there gathering dust... and who knows what else.

:confused: :confused:

Adjudicating immigration applications is a very labor intensive process, and one that takes time, sometimes months or years. USCIS district offices do regularly screen their pending caseloads to make sure nothing falls between the cracks. Details of background checks are never shared with applicants or their representatives. This can certainly be frustrating in cases of denial where the applicant has no idea what he or she has "done wrong."

Thanks. Do you guys think making these appointments/contacting congressmen help speed up the process? I called Chuck Schumer's office and they are like 'yeah, get in line.. we have thousands of people waiting for FBI'. :(

justfiled said:
Kathy, if it makes you feel any better, I know ppl who've had interview before you and still waiting- I'm not sure if we all even know exactly why some are kept waiting much longer than others- beyond the usual FBI speculation :rolleyes:

Any update?

jdawg9, I got an email saying my approval notice for I485 was mailed on May 10... I am waiting for the actual card now... Any update on your end?