Anyone been approved in Garden City, NY, recently?

yellowtuna123 said:
jdawg9, I got an email saying my approval notice for I485 was mailed on May 10... I am waiting for the actual card now... Any update on your end?

Nothing as of last night. I got another online status change wednesday saying that my case was approved too and a notice was mailed. I guess our progress are very similar. I still didn't receive my plastic card, I'm going to Canada for Memorial Day and I'll be using my stamp. I'll keep you posted if anything changes.

Marion_etka, have you received anything yet?

NOTHING!!! I bet my file is still in the archives :(

I sent a letter to the Ombudsman office yesterday (I got the link and idea from another thread), so we will see if that is going to help :confused:

jdawg9 when are you going to your home country? I thought you already left :)

Jdawg, I think that 2nd status change and 2nd email may mean they mailed your card because that's what happened to mine. Funny, you guys are sooooo close- just about an inch away- and it feels like that finish line just never comes. :confused:

marion_etka said:
NOTHING!!! I bet my file is still in the archives :(

I sent a letter to the Ombudsman office yesterday (I got the link and idea from another thread), so we will see if that is going to help :confused:

jdawg9 when are you going to your home country? I thought you already left :)

Marion_etka, its not normal to take this long. When i went to the 8th floor of Federal Plaza, they were able to tell me exactly where the location of my file. The lady said to me that my file was x day at garden city, and it arrived xx day at fed plaza. After going twice to federal plaza and twice to garden city, i reached the conclusion that Garden city is federal plaza's puppet and have very limited power. Seems like alot more actions are taken at fed plaza. I would make another info pass there and try your luck again.

I booked my trip to my home country for June 25, couldn't make it sooner because i have some work projects that can't be put on hold. Before that though i'll be going to Canada and to Germany to watch a few games of the World Cup :D :D

Good luck and keep us posted.

justfiled said:
Jdawg, I think that 2nd status change and 2nd email may mean they mailed your card because that's what happened to mine. Funny, you guys are sooooo close- just about an inch away- and it feels like that finish line just never comes. :confused:

Justfiled:
i had three status changed.
1 Welcome Notice Sent
2 After approving your app, we order a new card
3 Approval letter sent

UPDATE:
As I am typing this message, I get a call from my sister (where my mail goes) and she tells me that my card has arrived :D :D :D

jdawg9 said:
Justfiled:
i had three status changed.
1 Welcome Notice Sent
2 After approving your app, we order a new card
3 Approval letter sent

UPDATE:
As I am typing this message, I get a call from my sister (where my mail goes) and she tells me that my card has arrived :D :D :D

WOW! Very nice. CONGRATS! Now, I have to keep an eye on my mailbox...

Have fun on your trip! Oh and enjoy the World Cup games!!! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
ooh yippeee!!! :D :D :D

I just got 2 status changes: welcome letter and approval letter. I skipped the one in the middle- 'card ordered' one :p so all I remember is after I got the 2nd email (approval letter one), the card came in the mail 2 days later.

marion- now I hope you get yours soon- but yeah, I agree with jdawg, something's not right- where oh where could your file be???

haven't received/heard anything from USCIS, hehe
not too many people on this boat anymore. Online status still hasn't been changed, nothing except I got my original birth certificate sent back by USCIS. Guess they were reviewing my files and found out I left over there.
still waiting, maybe take a trip to Federal plaza to find out where my files is at. Don't know how long it will take.

best wish all

I just got my green card in the mail! Thank you all of you for your help!

I have a silly question for you, justfiled and jadwg9 - does your card show you are a resident since the date of your interview or some other date? The reason I asked is that, the card shows 04/05/06 (the date of my interview) but then the approval was sent on 05/04/06 so I was just wondering if it's a typo. I think I am just paranoid...

Yup, mine has the interview date on it too- even though I actually got approved a month and a half later- don't worry. And even if it was a typo- I don't know if I'd file that i90 form for something quite trivial coz judging by what i've been reading in the 'after the green card' and 'physical green card' forums: it seems people have quite a bit of trouble getting a replacement card when sent in for correction.

If your name, age, sex etc. major details are all accurate, I'd say- stay put lol. :p

CONGRATSSS by the way :) :) :)

justfiled said:
Yup, mine has the interview date on it too- even though I actually got approved a month and a half later- don't worry. And even if it was a typo- I don't know if I'd file that i90 form for something quite trivial coz judging by what i've been reading in the 'after the green card' and 'physical green card' forums: it seems people have quite a bit of trouble getting a replacement card when sent in for correction.

If your name, age, sex etc. major details are all accurate, I'd say- stay put lol. :p

CONGRATSSS by the way :) :) :)

Thanks, justfiled! :)

Yeah, I figured I am probably overly paranoid... This whole process has been stressing me out!!! Now, I can relieve my mind for two years... :rolleyes:

My card says, resident since 3/31/06 i don't know what this date means. I was approved on 5/1. the closest date i can think of is when my interviewing officer told me he approved me over the phone on 4/1.
But i wouldn't lose sleep over this.

Congratulations Guys!!! I am so jealous :cool: I want my card too :) Have safe trips!!! Do not drink toooooo much from being so excited :D LOL But really... I am so happy from You!!!

waiting

still waiting....interview on march 13th.
no change in online status, nothing......
on june 13th, my lawyer's going to start the inquiry process.

Got The Welcome Letter E-mail!

Finally! I couldn't get an infopass untill this Friday but i tried to go this morning to federal plaza without one to see if they would stamp my passport do i could travel this Wednesday. But, no dice. Didn't make it past the first floor, where a very racist officer on his high horse decided to not even let me ask my question and yelled "your finished! Come back Friday!". Long story short, it topped my immigration office nightmare stories of all time (and i've had plenty over the last 19 years). BUT, nothing could take away the joy of getting that e-mail. :)

Jdawg:
You were able to get the stamp on your passpport after receiving the "welcome" e-mail right? Did they ask if it was for emergency travel? Looks like we were both trying to get out of here in time for the World Cup in Germany!

manoleto said:
Finally! I couldn't get an infopass untill this Friday but i tried to go this morning to federal plaza without one to see if they would stamp my passport do i could travel this Wednesday. But, no dice. Didn't make it past the first floor, where a very racist officer on his high horse decided to not even let me ask my question and yelled "your finished! Come back Friday!". Long story short, it topped my immigration office nightmare stories of all time (and i've had plenty over the last 19 years). BUT, nothing could take away the joy of getting that e-mail. :)

Jdawg:
You were able to get the stamp on your passpport after receiving the "welcome" e-mail right? Did they ask if it was for emergency travel? Looks like we were both trying to get out of here in time for the World Cup in Germany!

Sorry for your bad experience. I don't know how it is if you don't have an appointment. My suggestion is to do the following. Make infopass appointment. You are usually able to make it for next day or in 2 days the latest. Don't even bother with any officers on boths or horses, they are mostly nasty. Go straight to the entrance on Worth St(?) marked for visitors with or without appointments. Make the appointment for as early as possible. It made mine for 8:30am and I was out of there in less than 20 minutes and wasn't even late for work. Friday is always better and faster there but I got my stamped on Wednesday or Thursday. When making an appointment, select that you would like to speak to an immigration officer, at the window they will give you a ticket for Case Status, and thats OK. I was able to get my stamp right on the 3rd Floor (they normally send you to the 8th floor to talk to a REAL higher officer to get stamp). I was lucky to get a nice immigration officer, who joked and flirted with me and said "I'm not sure I want to give it to you, I think you are already American, blah blah". I guess I should have flirted back with her (not really :)). Anyways, Good luck and keep us posted.

BTW: Go Brazil, all the way in World Cup Germany 2006!!!!

jdawg9 said:
Sorry for your bad experience. I don't know how it is if you don't have an appointment. My suggestion is to do the following. Make infopass appointment. You are usually able to make it for next day or in 2 days the latest. Don't even bother with any officers on boths or horses, they are mostly nasty. Go straight to the entrance on Worth St(?) marked for visitors with or without appointments. Make the appointment for as early as possible. It made mine for 8:30am and I was out of there in less than 20 minutes and wasn't even late for work. Friday is always better and faster there but I got my stamped on Wednesday or Thursday. When making an appointment, select that you would like to speak to an immigration officer, at the window they will give you a ticket for Case Status, and thats OK. I was able to get my stamp right on the 3rd Floor (they normally send you to the 8th floor to talk to a REAL higher officer to get stamp). I was lucky to get a nice immigration officer, who joked and flirted with me and said "I'm not sure I want to give it to you, I think you are already American, blah blah". I guess I should have flirted back with her (not really :)). Anyways, Good luck and keep us posted.

BTW: Go Brazil, all the way in World Cup Germany 2006!!!!

Yeah. I had gotten the info pass but the earliest available slot was for Friday and i was just tired of waiting. Couldn't wait another 4 days so i tried to go without it. Guess i'll have to give it a shot on Friday. Hopefully i won't have to go to the 8th floor either. Thanks for your help!

And go ECUADOR!!

April 19th, stilling waiting...
wait for one and half month, then I will make infor. appointment.