Anyone been approved in Garden City, NY, recently?

Am still waiting :( I guess I will wait till 5/15 (two months) to start making inquires.
I-485 interviewed 3/15/2006
EAD filed again 4/3/2006

hehehe, I think I used to check my status online every hr too. And even now that I am approved, I keep checking it maybe 6 times a day! :p

What will I do with myself once I get the card? I'll need a new hobby!

bps01,
My god. You have gone through such a smooth path. Congratulations!
I-485 interviewed 3/15/2006
EAD filed again 4/3/2006

It's all over for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got the card in the mail today!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

There's nothing 'green' about it, other than my face in the picture :confused: :confused:

Ohh man, I'm so glad this has temporarily ended for me. Just had a b'day recently so this was the best gift EVER!!!

I don't know what I'm going to do now- I'm so used to waiting, waiting, scavenging this forum.... I don't think I can keep away.

I guess next time I actively need this forum's help will be in 2 yrs when I file to remove conditions. But don't worry, I think I'm going to be around for a while, just reading other ppl's experiences and giving my 2 cents of advice.

I will not be applying for citizenship. I have decided I do not want to be citizen of any country other than the one I was born in. Not that I'm particularly patriotic as such but I'm happy with the passport I've had since I was born. As long as I am free to go back and forth and make a home over here with my husband, I am perfectly happy. :p :p Who knows though. With the way they constantly change rules here, maybe one day I will be forced to take up citizenship if I want to make my life here permanently.

Thanks everyone for all your help and support.

woo, what a change on this threat.
I haven't logged in here for a week, been busy with new job.
now jdawg, justfile, all got approved and card is on the way. congrads my friends.
I have mine on 4/19, the interviewer said no more interviews and wrote pending for name checks, ra9, 245 somthing on my passport, she also added name checks may take months, wooo....
i don't know, the best is waiting, anyway, i am not in rush of traveling, pretty busy with my new job. but nice to have gc or approvel letter come soon...
guess this threat will sink all the way to the bottom after you two left.

anyway, best wish with your lives.

Chris hang in there, you will get yours soon too.

I'll keep checking this thread and try to help everyone out like they helped me for a while. I got in infopass for tomorrow to get my passport stamped so I can book my trip.

I'll let u know how it goes.

Don't count me out yet. I would hate to see this thread die. I'll be coming back often, to give some moral support for sure.

Oooh I just realized something. I had filed my application on May 2nd, 2005. Exactly one year to date and I get my gc in hand.

GOT MY PASSPORT STAMPED THIS MORNING AT FEDERAL PLAZA :D :D :D

The officer was super friendly, said her computer shows under status that my green card request has been sent to the printer and I was all set. I smiled and said, I have the urgent need to travel as I have an elderly sick father and I was wondering if I could get a stamp. She said I was eligible for the stamp and BANG :)

I didn't want to walk out of there without the stamp b/c even though I had been verbally told that my green card was on the way I didn't want to go back to the waiting for something game. Now the day is brighter for me.

To everyone waiting, hang in there and you will to have your happy outcome. I have also been through the years of waiting and depressed over the uncertainty of my situation.

All the luck and keep us posted.

congrats jdawg. So when are you leaving? Immediately? :p

A friend of mine is at her interview at Fed Plaza this morning (usc marriage). Were there a lot of ppl waiting? Her interview was at 8am I believe and I still haven't heard from her- so wondering if there's a long wait or something.

At Garden City, we didn't wait more than 20-30 mins at the most.

justfiled said:
congrats jdawg. So when are you leaving? Immediately? :p

A friend of mine is at her interview at Fed Plaza this morning (usc marriage). Were there a lot of ppl waiting? Her interview was at 8am I believe and I still haven't heard from her- so wondering if there's a long wait or something.

At Garden City, we didn't wait more than 20-30 mins at the most.

Yup, I interviewed at Federal Plaza and waited for like 3 hours... I bet your friend should be done soon.

Who eles interviewed before April is still waiting?
I-485 interview at Garden City 3/15/2006
EAD renewal filed 4/3/2006

jdawg9 said:
GOT MY PASSPORT STAMPED THIS MORNING AT FEDERAL PLAZA :D :D :D

The officer was super friendly, said her computer shows under status that my green card request has been sent to the printer and I was all set. I smiled and said, I have the urgent need to travel as I have an elderly sick father and I was wondering if I could get a stamp. She said I was eligible for the stamp and BANG :)

I didn't want to walk out of there without the stamp b/c even though I had been verbally told that my green card was on the way I didn't want to go back to the waiting for something game. Now the day is brighter for me.

To everyone waiting, hang in there and you will to have your happy outcome. I have also been through the years of waiting and depressed over the uncertainty of my situation.

All the luck and keep us posted.
congrats. My Online status also showed I-485 welcome notice was sent(05/01/06) , but I have not received the welcome notice yet, can I make a infopass to get my passport stamped, which option you choose for infopass?Since I have to travel early June, please help. Thanks,

NY050604 said:
congrats. My Online status also showed I-485 welcome notice was sent(05/01/06) , but I have not received the welcome notice yet, can I make a infopass to get my passport stamped, which option you choose for infopass?Since I have to travel early June, please help. Thanks,

Select that you would like to speak to an immigration officer. I also didnt have the notice with me. good luck and keep us posted.

Received new email that my card has been order and will be sent soon yesterday @ 8pm :)

Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On May 4, 2006, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.