Anyone been approved in Garden City, NY, recently?

congrats justfiled!
that's great news! tell me, did you ever call the officer? also, has your online status changed?
i haven't signed up for the automatic emails from CIS so all i've been doing is checking the online status.
keep us updated about the actual card!

Thanks Ceecee. Yes, my online status also changed and said the exact same thing as the email. In fact, I believe the email notifications only come,when online status changes and basically they say the same thing as the online version. It's just so that you don't have to log in all the time, I guess. Although, that didn't stop me- I was logging in about 3 times a day since March 16th. :D

In fact, earlier that same day, maybe 2 hrs before I got the email, my online status still showed the same message and date from last July.

Now, after the status changed on Monday, I've been noticing that for the last 2 days, the LUD has been changing. Yesterday it said 4/25, today it says 4/26. Why is that? Message still says: on April 24th, this case was approved...blah blah. I hope they're not changing their mind about approving me
:confused:

Does anyone know when I'll get an email about the actual card being mailed to me?

Oh, sorry, forgot the other question you had- nope, I never did contact our officer, or anyone at USCIS for that matter. Did try to contact lawyer last week but hadn't heard from him. Then all of a sudden, I get this email!

I don't know what made me so special to get approved so quick when others who have had interviews way before me are still waiting. I hope I get the physical card before end of May because I'm due to travel again. :p

Hello Everyone :)

I just wanted to say hi :)

They let me beck into the country no problem, so that is good news :) Unfortunately, I have not received the actual card yet and my online status has not changed either. Hopefully, the letter of action from my congresswoman to USCIS will help, because it is getting ridiculous to say the least!!!

That is about it and I wish everyone luck :)

Take care :)

Justfiled,
Congratualtions. I had my interview one day before you (3/15/2006) but have not heard anything yet :( :(

welcome back marion. thanks fish. I still haven't actually received anything in the mail yet so keeping fingers crossed.

Got my approval letters for 485 and 130 today :D finally! was starting to worry again- but I suppose I don't need any excuse for that.

Any idea how long for the actual card? Online status doesn't say anything about ordering card or mailing, as of yet.

Hi. I don't really post regularly at this thread but I do have something in common with everyone...I was also interviewed at Garden City. My husband and I had our interview last Mar. 16 and just today (yep...on a Saturday) I received an email from USCIS saying that my application has been approved.

Good luck to everyone.

Wow, almost same timing clq. I got the emails last Mon and received the actual letters yesterday in the mail.

What's your timeline? Around the same as mine?

Justfiled, I was looking at your timeline and we did file at the same time...we submitted my green card application May 2005. And you know what else is funny, my EAD got lost in the mail, too. Well I'm assuming it did because I never got anything in the mail after I submitted my EAD application. I had to go to Federal Plaza after 3 months and inquire about my EAD...only to find out that it was already approved 1 month after I submitted it. You're a couple of days ahead though. I just got the email last Saturday. Hopefully, I'll get the letter this week. Let us know when you get the actual green card.

Welcome Notice!!!!!

I just received about 1 hour ago, an automatic email from USCIS. :D :D

Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On May 1, 2006, a welcome notice was mailed for this case. If 30 days have passed and you have not received this notice. Please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283 during business hours.

Who knows when I'll get my card, I am thinking about making an infopass appointment to get passport stamped.

Woohoo :D :D :D
So happy for you!

I got another email a few hrs ago myself for the i485. It says pretty much the same thing as the first- but instead of "welcome notice mailed on April 24" , it now says " an 'approval letter' has been mailed on May 1st."

what's the approval letter vs welcome notice (which I already received on sat)? I hope it actually means the card :rolleyes: :p

I'm just so glad you finally got yours- though it was only a matter of time I guess. :rolleyes:

Hope this means good news for others who've been waiting from recent interviews as well.

Wow...it seems like Garden City is issuing a lot of approvals. That's good news for those who are still waiting.

BTW, just today I received an email from USCIS saying that they ordered me a new card. I'm assuming it's my green card. I hope it comes soon because my husband and I would like to travel soon. I didn't apply for an AP so I really need the card to be able to travel.

May 2nd interview

Hi Guys

I had my interview today garden city NY, at 7 AM. We had an older heavy white male, very nice. He sworn us in asked for our passports and my wife’s Driving license. Then he asked for birth certificates for both of us and our marriage certificates. He checked the documents we submitted and asked us questions while he was going through them. He asked me where I went to law school I told him, he joked that his supervisor had asked him to call the school but he was satisfied with my answer. The he asked for our tax return we gave it to him and he asked for the letter of employment and pay stubs. He was in a hurry and just asked these questions without even looking up.

Then he threw a questions in the room how we got to know each other, My wife told him and then he looked at me and asked me when I came to New York and how we met , I gave him the spiel. He asked me where my parents were and if I had a bother/sister and if he was in the US.

Then once he was done with the documents, he asked the general questions on the I-485, have you been jailed etc, then at the end he was ok so since you haven’t been in violation with the immigration we can stop. He asked for the pictures and asked us to give him any one with both of us showing our faces clearly.

He then wrote pending I-485 , date and A no. , he said everything looked fine and he doesn’t see any problem, he will send it up and they will put it in the computer and I should get the GC in 4 Weeks.

I think the interview lasted 10 – 15 mins we were out by 8 Am so the whole thing took an hour.

I wanted to ask him for his card but just held myself back as it was going so good and he was joking around with us. Well now the wait for actual green card.

Only thing strange was , he did not take my I 90 nor my EADs.

Last edited by a moderator:
bps01 said:
Only thing strange was , he did not take my I 94 nor my EADs.

First of all, I am a relatively new member to this forum and haven't been posting much. But I have been reading the threads very frequently and found all your inputs very very helpful. Thank you all!

Re bps01's comment - based on what I've read on this forum and my experience, I think different DAOs do different things. My DAO didn't take my I94 or my EAD during the interview and I was freaking out (even though she said I was approved at the interview, I didn't get any stamp in my passport...)!!! But then, after almost 4 weeks, I got emails saying my case was approved!

So keep your fingers crossed and GOOD LUCK!

BTW, I interviewed at Federal Plaza on 4/5/06 and got approved on 5/1/06 - looks like Garden City and Federal Plaza are on pretty close approval schedule now. :)

yellowtuna123 said:
My DAO didn't take my I94 or my EAD during the interview and I was freaking out (even though she said I was approved at the interview, I didn't get any stamp in my passport...)!!! But then, after almost 4 weeks, I got emails saying my case was approved!
:)

Thanks yellowtuna.. I was kinda about to panic when he gave me back everything.... :eek: but I guess it's ok.. :cool:

I didn't even know our officer took my i-94 till I went to the airport few weeks later to travel out of the country. :p

I couldn't find my i-94 anywhere and started flipping out, lol, till it occured to me, oooh, the officer must've taken it.

Btw, no one took my EAD. I still have it :)

It's looking like Garden City interviewees get approved roughly 3-8 weeks after interview. Though (not to burst your bubble or anything), I know someone who STILL hasn't been approved after an end Jan interview. And her interview went really really well she said. The officer was laughing and joking and too busy gushing over their gorgeous wedding photos, to ask any serious questions.

Clq, I'm sure you can always go get a stamp if your travel date is nearing and you still haven't received the card.

I'm hoping to do the same at the end of this month if I don't get mine till then. I need to travel again in a few weeks and with my job, I can't afford to sit still in one place for too long.

Guys when does the LUD change after the interview any personal experence.. Im like checking mine every hour :D

I was only worried about the I 864 since my wife was a student last year so dint make over 16 K, but he just asked me for my paystubs with the taxes, I had the I 864A with me but he did not ask me so I never gave him. My biggest worry was the name check but I guess I was spared as I saw an email he had which gave him the result of the security clerance ( I think... could not read it all as it was on his side of the tabel.)

I guess Im just over anxious right now hoping everything is fine... :)

interviews generally don't chage LUDs. My LUD was still 5/9/05 until yesterday when it read welcome notice mailed.

i have yet to see anyone here say that they LUD changed immediatelly after the interview.