Any Sep 2002/485 left!

Response of status enquiry

got letter yesterday.

It says "your case is still pending for service consideration" i don't what it is . "Please allow 60 to 90 days..." What I should do now? Can I fax expedite request letter to them?

Pl. suggest your comments.

My RD is 9-23-2002, i am still waiting, i replied to RFE last week, LUD is changing everyday..... but no approval yet......

What can you possibly do ?

GC092002 said:
got letter yesterday.

It says "your case is still pending for service consideration" i don't what it is . "Please allow 60 to 90 days..." What I should do now? Can I fax expedite request letter to them?

Pl. suggest your comments.

Translate it and read it as :

"We are going to take whatever time we want. We don't have a clue; our
jobs are safe and nobody dare give us a shit. Now fuck off"

Gc092002,

No, As of yesterday I didnt' receive anything. I have been eagerly checking my mail each day. Since you got it today and our enquiry and status change happened on the same day I am guessing its in today's mail and I'll see the same message when I get home today.
This is absolutey ridiculous. everything is done, now they need to tell us its pending service consideration! If they had any consideration for anyone they would approve it by now.. My case is straightforward had my I140 approved back in July 02. have had no rfe's either.

Don't know what to do really at this point. I'm just glad I didn't wait from their response before filing my 3rd EAD and AP. Last year I had to stand in a queue outside Federal plaza in NY at 3:00 AM to get my EAD. Hopefuly i can avoid that now.

we feel the same...

How can they just ask for so many more days? I had RFE in I-140. Do you think it can be the reason of delay? If so, I could have got RFE, right?
Anyway, feeling of being so helpless is very frustrating and upsetting.

I need to apply 3rd EAD soon, did you apply online?
Last time for 2nd EAD I applied online and received it very late. Had to go for I-EAD. I also noticed that application by mail triggered approval for many. So, thinking of applying by mail.

Can you / others suggest which way is better?

Thank you.

ak2002 said:
No, As of yesterday I didnt' receive anything. I have been eagerly checking my mail each day. Since you got it today and our enquiry and status change happened on the same day I am guessing its in today's mail and I'll see the same message when I get home today.
This is absolutey ridiculous. everything is done, now they need to tell us its pending service consideration! If they had any consideration for anyone they would approve it by now.. My case is straightforward had my I140 approved back in July 02. have had no rfe's either.

Don't know what to do really at this point. I'm just glad I didn't wait from their response before filing my 3rd EAD and AP. Last year I had to stand in a queue outside Federal plaza in NY at 3:00 AM to get my EAD. Hopefuly i can avoid that now.

No, I still didnt' get the status inquiry response!

I still didn't get the status inquiry response.. however I got receipt notices for my EAD and AP applications, RD Oct 19, 04. ND OCt 22,04.

Interesting thing is that they have stopped displaying projected timeframes on the receipt notice. they have actually mentioned the phrase " if you have not heard from us its because we are working on cases filed prior to yours.." oh yeah?

anyways, I mailed my EAD and AP in the same envelope but prepared two different set of papers seperated with paper clips, wrote seperate checks. Will let you know when I hear more. and of course don't forget the new picture requirements when you file your ead/AP.

received response for status inquiry

Yesterday I received response for status inquiry on my I485. here's the relevant portion " ...your application has been delayed..all apps received need to have routine fp checks....due to lack of manpower to complete the check in a timely manner we have no control over how long this will take../we can give no definite indication on when this will be completed.we apologize for the delay. fp's have an expiration timeframe, theyare valid for 15 months . if they are acceptable prints then the service can send the file for final determination." plus there's a whole lot of crap on what I should do for future inquiries.

I don't know what to do. Per FBI my FP results have already been sent on July28 o4. and who are they telling about FP's being expired.I had to call multiple times with the concern that I didn't receive a 2 nd fp till really late. now does this mean 1. they have lost the fbi response or somehow the response never made it to my file ( i never got a status update after the second fp)
2. they need to review fp results sent by FBI. if they are not readable prints how did fbi send them results.
any suggestions?

In response to Rajiv during the lawsuit, they had mentioned they don't need more manpower that they were adequately staffed..but then again its my fault for trying to make senseof uscis.

They are giving us BS

If they lack manpower to address your stuff in a timely manner, how
come they are approving 2003 and even 2004 cases in hordes ? Are they
being done by entities other than human beings ?

They are giving a pure bullshit !

How come Rajiv or other lawyers of this site are doing nothing to question the center for working on the current cases before finishing the previous ones in major numbers?
Why don't they follow certain rules?
What are the reasons behind doing 2003/2004s?
Why are so many 2001/2002(I don't know the percentage) cases not being processed? What are the major issues?
Isn't there a way for these lawyers publicly to find out?
At least we will have some idea..... Since individuals cases mean nothing...

They have already dome something

Don't you know they are already helping us ? Wanna know how ?

They have poked this crippled agency called USCIS with a litigation. And
now USCIS seems to have only one target, how to save their ass from this
litigation. And in order to do so, they are ensuring that 2003 & 2004 cases
get approved in tons.

If you are 2002 or 2001 RD's for your I-485, you be damned.

Its no different from attorneys suing doctors and ordinary people having
to cough up more insurance.

ak2002

Sorry about such a response. It is kind of scary as they haven't given any time frame. Contacting a senator can help. I haven't got reply from Senator's office after sending an email second time. So, we can't rely on Senator. But there is nothing wrong in trying once.
What our experts here have to say about this?

thanks GC092002,

thanks for your support, I am thinking along the same lines, I am in NY, who is better Hillary or Chuck schumer? any suggestions.

Aren't you saying your case has already been approved? Whey do you need senators' help? Am I missing something?
My question to anyone who know anything about anything on VSC, why is this center not working on 2002 cases? Any reasonable sense? Hello any lawyers who visit this site do you know anything?
I can't believe nobody is questioning. I must be the only one from 2002 concurrent filer.

I am there too

Till there is even one unapproved case dated ND & RD of 2002, I will be
there. So you are surely not the only one.

Count me too

ND: 22nd SEP 2002
1st FP:30th Oct 2002
Currently on 3rd EAD
NO 2nd FP notice yet.
Called INS on 20th Oct 2004....I have to wait 30 days to see whether they can give reply.

Sorry to cut in. Did not mean to do that. I recently got EAD3 and they did not extend it for 1 year from the date of expiration of EAD2 (EAD2 expires 02/05), but instead gave a validity of 1 year from the date of approval 10/25/04. Did early EAD to renew my driver license (need at least 1 year validity in PA), but may get into a fix unless I get adjustment in the next 3 months.

Don't know the validity yet!

I dont' know the validity of my 3rd AP, I just got approval email. I will post the details once I get the actual letter. I have brided USCIS with my 3rd EAD and AP fees, but they dont' seem to be in the mood to pick my case!