Any October 2010 filers yet?

Good luck Djhash! I hope the snow stays out of your way tomorrow so you can successfully come out of the interview as a PERMANENT RESIDENT OF THE U.S.!

Hi Claudiahel,
you should not be nervous you already know about hopeful108 case. trust me nothing will go wrong just relax and stay calm. nothing to worry about. i am quite sure you will be okay. let us know about your experience.by the mid of Jan 2011 you will have ur GC in ur hands.

Good luck everyone Djhash, Annina, mimi0418 & Melana85
and
Congrats to hopeful108 & kussypoo for getting GC.

No update on my side and nothing in mail so far.

Best Wishes on your interview tomorrow djhash!!!! Please let us know how it went, A liitle fairy dust for you!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Haven't send any recent interviewees since their ID...any word? My interview is in 1 week!! Soooooooo nervous and excited and just plain ready to get it over with, have a hiccup, hubby has conflicting state business on same day. Going tomorrow to see if he can have them change the date because really can't take the chance to reschedule Interview!! Been through so much and we've been living in limbo for 5 years and now one week away and might have to wait some more if we can't fix it!! Oh stress!!! Say a prayer for us!! Will keep in touch!

Interview day.

So..
Today's the day. After an issue with the metal detector and my clumsiness. We checked in and waited. Few people around, about 3 or 4 groups got called before us. Then came our turn.

The interviewer, called us, asked us to follow her. No self introduction. But I was able to get the name from the sticker on the office door.

Then came the oath. We took it and then sat. Then came in the usual questions. How we met, when we met, ask about each others birthdays, how long we've lived together, my full name. Members of any organizations, then the no questions.

Then they asked for documents proving we live together and codependancy on finances. I gave her the lease agreement, joint bank account statement, car insurance, and health insurance.

Then she asks for "Marriage License". Me being an idiot, not knowing that there is a difference between a Marriage Certificate and Marriage License, pull out the certificate, and my wife tells me, no that's the certificate not the license. So I tell the interviewer, I guess I don't have that one with me. (I don't even know if i'll find it at home).

Anyways, I say; "It's at home". And she can't trust the certificate since anyone can print those from a computer. So she then goes on her computer and types stuff up, writes stuff on paper, punch holes stick them in our folder which is more than an inch thick. She says she'll be back, need to get some initials.

Then comes back and sits down, and she gives us a price of paper indicating that we need to submit "marriage license" for initial evidence. My thoughts are "this is an RFE all over again". Then she says something that made me smile. "I have no problem approving your case, everything is fine and straight forward; with the exception of the marriage license. You have 30 days, even though I recommend you do it as soon as possible, to either bring in the document or to mail it in."

My wife and I were like "ok, doesn't seem like a problem". Then she showed us out.

If you think the story is over yet, think again.

My wife and I, as we were walking to our car, we discussed how it won't be easy finding that peice of paper. So we went back to the hotel, checked out. And we decided we'll go to city hall in Worcester, get a copy directly from them, and come back here and hand the original print out in person.

So, about 2 hours later. We walk back in, this time making sure I don't have anything in my pockets to set off the metal detector. Then we go to the clerk, who we hand him the papers and tell him we were here earlier and we were missing this document and would like to submit it. So he does his thing asks us who we met with, so glad I read that name, then makes a phone call to someone and says "we've got a hot one". Then tells us to back to the waiting room and someone will see us.

It wasn't two minutes or so, and a guy walks out, calls us and tells us, they have the papers and it's in the file. They'll make a descision and they'll let us know.

We leave. My wife was like "what did that mean, he sounded like they won't approve it". I told her, don't read too much into it, 1) they took the I-94 from my passport, 2) take what the first interviewer said, since she's more intimate with our case.

So all in all, it was a pleasant though long day. With lots of driving around. Also the moral of the story is, there is a difference between a marriage license and a certificate.

Going along with this thread's history, I'll call it early and say I'm approved, just gotta wait for my case to be updated. :p

So..
Today's the day. After an issue with the metal detector and my clumsiness. We checked in and waited. Few people around, about 3 or 4 groups got called before us. Then came our turn.

The interviewer, called us, asked us to follow her. No self introduction. But I was able to get the name from the sticker on the office door.

Then came the oath. We took it and then sat. Then came in the usual questions. How we met, when we met, ask about each others birthdays, how long we've lived together, my full name. Members of any organizations, then the no questions.

Then they asked for documents proving we live together and codependancy on finances. I gave her the lease agreement, joint bank account statement, car insurance, and health insurance.

Then she asks for "Marriage License". Me being an idiot, not knowing that there is a difference between a Marriage Certificate and Marriage License, pull out the certificate, and my wife tells me, no that's the certificate not the license. So I tell the interviewer, I guess I don't have that one with me. (I don't even know if i'll find it at home).

Anyways, I say; "It's at home". And she can't trust the certificate since anyone can print those from a computer. So she then goes on her computer and types stuff up, writes stuff on paper, punch holes stick them in our folder which is more than an inch thick. She says she'll be back, need to get some initials.

Then comes back and sits down, and she gives us a price of paper indicating that we need to submit "marriage license" for initial evidence. My thoughts are "this is an RFE all over again". Then she says something that made me smile. "I have no problem approving your case, everything is fine and straight forward; with the exception of the marriage license. You have 30 days, even though I recommend you do it as soon as possible, to either bring in the document or to mail it in."

My wife and I were like "ok, doesn't seem like a problem". Then she showed us out.

My wife and I, as we were walking to our car, we discussed how it won't be easy finding that peice of paper. So we went back to the hotel, checked out. And we decided we'll go to city hall in Worcester, get a copy directly from them, and come back here and hand the original print out in person.

So, about 2 hours later. We walk back in, this time making sure I don't have anything in my pockets to set off the metal detector. Then we go to the clerk, who we hand him the papers and tell him we were here earlier and we were missing this document and would like to submit it. So he does his thing asks us who we met with, so glad I read that name, then makes a phone call to someone and says "we've got a hot one". Then tells us to back to the waiting room and someone will see us.

It wasn't two minutes or so, and a guy walks out, calls us and tells us, they have the papers and it's in the file. They'll make a descision and they'll let us know.

We leave. My wife was like "what did that mean, he sounded like they won't approve it". I told her, don't read too much into it, 1) they took the I-94 from my passport, 2) take what the first interviewer said, since she's more intimate with our case.

So all in all, it was a pleasant though long day. With lots of driving around. Also the moral of the story is, there is a difference between a marriage license and a certificate.

Going along with this thread's history, I'll call it early and say I'm approved, just gotta wait for my case to be updated. :p

Congratulations djhash. I also think you are approved based on cases i have read on this forum.

don't worry i think certificate is more authentic well, i am sure you are through & will get update soon. because they already took I94 so they have to give you GC.
i am still wondering about the license , i do have certificate but license...... , i don't think i do have it, it was 5 years ago and i don't remember how does it looks like. even my lawyer doesn't say anything about the license . well thanks to let everyone know about , i do have time i can get it and it will help to other too who have interview this week.

Congratulations to everyone who got their GC! The interview notice I received said I need to bring in my certified marriage certificate..is this different from the Marriage certificate they provided during the ceremony? Also..I dont think I have my marriage license either..it has been almost 4 years!

Thank you all.

Congratulations to everyone who got their GC! The interview notice I received said I need to bring in my certified marriage certificate..is this different from the Marriage certificate they provided during the ceremony? Also..I dont think I have my marriage license either..it has been almost 4 years!

Yes, it is different. The one they want is the one you get after the ceremony has been completed. The person wedding you (either a JP or a Priest, or whomever) signs the license you obtained before you married, then submits the completed form to city hall at which point they'll mail you the completed and certified license. If you can't find it, not a problem, just go to your city hall, town hall, city clerk.. etc. They should be able to print a copy of it and stamp it as a certified copy and you can submit that one.

I gave them the actual stamped copy they gave us, since I know the original is somewhere in the apartment.

Good luck.

i am still wondering about the license , i do have certificate but license...... , i don't think i do have it, it was 5 years ago and i don't remember how does it looks like. even my lawyer doesn't say anything about the license . well thanks to let everyone know about , i do have time i can get it and it will help to other too who have interview this week.

I don't know if it's different between different states or not. But even here they still call it a certificate, even they are two completely different documents. The certificate I have was the one issued to us by the JP. They need to see something official from the government. As i've said, it's all news to me. Didn't realize there is a difference until today.

OK, everything set6 days to Interview day!!! Congrats DJ!!!!!!!
Haven't send any recent interviewees since their ID...any word? My interview is in 1 week!! Soooooooo nervous and excited and just plain ready to get it over with, have a hiccup, hubby has conflicting state business on same day. Going tomorrow to see if he can have them change the date because really can't take the chance to reschedule Interview!! Been through so much and we've been living in limbo for 5 years and now one week away and might have to wait some more if we can't fix it!! Oh stress!!! Say a prayer for us!! Will keep in touch!

Hey Djhash! I'm glad to hear your experience was fairly pleasant, despite the license issue. Don't forget I wasn't approved on the spot either , but things have gone well anyway.

What's up with IO's scaring us like this? :p At least there was something missing with your case, I guess. Even though we had everything (and more!) the IO STILL didn't want to tell us we had been approved. Way to make us worry!

Congrats on being done :)

Hey Djhash! I'm glad to hear your experience was fairly pleasant, despite the license issue. Don't forget I wasn't approved on the spot either , but things have gone well anyway.

What's up with IO's scaring us like this? :p At least there was something missing with your case, I guess. Even though we had everything (and more!) the IO STILL didn't want to tell us we had been approved. Way to make us worry!

Congrats on being done :)

Thanks. But guess what, I just got a TXT + email that my case was updated to "Card/Document Production".

So it is final!!!!!

So..

Congrats djhash!!!!!!! :) I just saw also your last post about the update so it is official :)
I'll have my interview tomorrow and I have the original wedding certificate to bring......but I also have a copy (not certified though) of the wedding license b/c I had to get it to register the wedding in Italy, the Italian Consulate in NY has the original that I submitted, luckily I did a xerox copy beofre sending it......I hope they'll accept it anyway, if not is no big deal as we got married here in Buffalo and I can always run to the town clerck office to get another copy :) good to know though, if not tomorrow I would have panicked!! ;)
my interview is at 8.15AM and I will post my experience ASAP, but probably it will be in the late afternoon as I have to go to work afterward.
Good luck Claudiahel! somehow knowing that tomorrow you'll have the interview as well makes me feel less scared....sort of "we are doing it together" :)

10-13-2010 Sent to USCIS Chicago forms I-130, I-485, I-765, I-864, and I-693
10-14-2010 Delivered to USCIS Chicago (Received date on NOAs)
10-27-2010 Checks cashed
11-01-2010 Received in the mail 3xNOAs (I-130, I-485, I-765)
11-05-2010 Received appointment for biometrics (11/19)
11-15-2010 LUD I-485
11-19-2010 Biometrics done (appt)
11-19-2010 LUD I-130 and I-765
12-06-2010 Got IL for 01-06-11
12-22-2010 EAD approved and card production
12-30-2010 EAD received

Thanks. But guess what, I just got a TXT + email that my case was updated to "Card/Document Production".

So it is final!!!!!

Congratulation djhash...I'm very happy for you and I hope I can be very happy for myself tomorrow! So scared.

Good luck to everyone with upcoming interviews. Just relax and take a deep breath. Here, have some magical fairy dust to take along with you. Make sure you remember your spouse's birthdays and your own names.... :-D

I just remembered my other thread in here I started to track my progress and update everyone. I guess I got hooked to this thread instead. :p