Any October 2010 filers yet?

Thanks Mimi! I'm a little nervous waiting for my Biometrics letter to arrive, some would say I've been stalking the mailman!

Rfe

My wife got RFE this afternoon (text msg) for I-485, can this RFE be for biometrics? she has biometrics appointment on 11/17
Any input?
Thanks.

Hi Guys, here is my wife's time-line:
10/07/10: I-130, I-485 and I-765 sent to USCIS
10/09/10: Applications delivered.
10/19/10: Text message and e-mail: acceptance for both applications
10/22/10: Received I-797C x 2
10/22/10: LUD
10/27/10: Biometric appointment for 11/17/10
11/03/10: LUD for I-765 and RFE for I-485

I am wondering if this RFE is for Biometrics?

I remember reading somewhere that for those living in California the biometrics letter took around 20-40 days to arrive, I remember seeing it in an August filers thread, so don't freak out yet.

Say whaaa..??? r u serioush ? :eek: i am in calif, this sux....:mad:

also, for u guys that r in the same boat... what does ur status say on the online status checker website ??
egov.uscis.gov/cris/Dashboard/CaseStatus.do;jsessionid=bacbUV5T49umB7rgwuDEs

my i-130 is in initial review stage, but the i-485 is still in acceptance stage !.... would anybody that received biometrix care to tell me if both has to be in the review stage to receive the biometrix letter?:confused:

also, what is LUD ?:confused:

THANK YOU:cool:

I got my NOAs in 10/15, havent receive biometrics apt yet. I scheduled an infopass appointment to see if I can do biometrics there. Can I do walk in without appointment?

I just got my case # yesterday 4x via email!

10/04/2010 => Package mailed to USCIS Chicago
10/07/2010 => Day 0 => Package received by USCIS Chicago
10/15/2010 => Day 8 => Email from USCIS with 4x receipt numbers MSC
10/16/2010 => Day 9 => Checks Cleared
xx/xx/201x => Day x => Notice of Action Received
xx/xx/201x => Day x => Biometrics Notification
xx/xx/201x => Biometrics Date
xx/xx/201x => Employment Authorization Document Received I-765
xx/xx/201x => Interview Letter
xx/xx/201x => Interview Date
xx/xx/201x => Green Card Received

Last edited by a moderator:
I got my NOAs in 10/15, havent receive biometrics apt yet. I scheduled an infopass appointment to see if I can do biometrics there. Can I do walk in without appointment?

I just got my case # yesterday 4x via email!

10/04/2010 => Package mailed to USCIS Chicago
10/07/2010 => Day 0 => Package received by USCIS Chicago
10/15/2010 => Day 8 => Email from USCIS with 4x receipt numbers MSC
10/16/2010 => Day 9 => Checks Cleared
xx/xx/201x => Day x => Notice of Action Received
xx/xx/201x => Day x => Biometrics Notification
xx/xx/201x => Biometrics Date
xx/xx/201x => Employment Authorization Document Received I-765
xx/xx/201x => Interview Letter
xx/xx/201x => Interview Date
xx/xx/201x => Green Card Received

I don't think so, in the NOA I received it is specified that I will need to bring the NOA along with the NOA for the FP (whenever I'll receive it) and a photo-ID at the USCIS local office in order to have the biometrics done.

BTW.....still waiting to find my case on-line.....it is painful! :)

10-13-2010 Sent to USCIS Chicago forms I-130, I-485, I-765, I-864, and I-693
10-14-2010 Delivered to USCIS Chicago (Received date on NOAs)
10-27-2010 Checks cashed
11-01-2010 Received in the mail 3xNOAs (I-130, I-485, I-765)

Hey NEWBIERB,
They are gonna ask to see your appointment letter before they allow you to do your biometrics and then they have to stamp and sign it when you are done, so you have to wait until you receive the notice. After you have gotten the notice you can do a walk-in and have it done.

Best Wishes!

I don't think so, in the NOA I received it is specified that I will need to bring the NOA along with the NOA for the FP (whenever I'll receive it) and a photo-ID at the USCIS local office in order to have the biometrics done.

BTW.....still waiting to find my case on-line.....it is painful! :)

10-13-2010 Sent to USCIS Chicago forms I-130, I-485, I-765, I-864, and I-693
10-14-2010 Delivered to USCIS Chicago (Received date on NOAs)
10-27-2010 Checks cashed
11-01-2010 Received in the mail 3xNOAs (I-130, I-485, I-765)

awww....maybe they havent had time to update the system as yet, but it should be there...hmmm. Did you create and account or are you unable to because your receipt #s are not been seen?

Say whaaa..??? r u serioush ? :eek: i am in calif, this sux....:mad:

also, for u guys that r in the same boat... what does ur status say on the online status checker website ??
egov.uscis.gov/cris/Dashboard/CaseStatus.do;jsessionid=bacbUV5T49umB7rgwuDEs

my i-130 is in initial review stage, but the i-485 is still in acceptance stage !.... would anybody that received biometrix care to tell me if both has to be in the review stage to receive the biometrix letter?:confused:

also, what is LUD ?:confused:

THANK YOU:cool:

My I-130 have been approved since August,2010 and it was last updated in May 19,2010. It has been on Initial reveiw ever since and has not been touched although I had received the approval notice. The greatest thing is that they havent rejected your case so you should be in the clear.

LUD is Last Updated status.

My wife got RFE this afternoon (text msg) for I-485, can this RFE be for biometrics? she has biometrics appointment on 11/17
Any input?
Thanks.

No the RFE is not for the biometrics. It is for something else. Most times it is for your Medical or Tax documents or if you have a joint sponsor- something form them. It can be for a number of things. You never know until you receive the RFE.

Best Wishes!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Guys, I just received my Biometrics Appointment for Nov 15...So happy, at least I know this is one step closer...

IDK, I might try to do a walk in tomorrow but im not for sure if OHIO makes walk ins...But I guess either way is fine, it just a week more...=) What do you think?

IDK, I might try to do a walk in tomorrow but im not for sure if OHIO makes walk ins...But I guess either way is fine, it just a week more...=) What do you think?

A walk-in couldnt hurt unless the office is far away from you. If you can, go in the afternoon when it is less crowded you will have a better chance of getting it done.

Congrats!!!! Hopefullyl I'll receive mine soon as well as we got similar timelines, although you never know....