Any October 2010 filers yet?

Hello fellow October filers :)

When do you think is the soonest time one can receive the EAD? :( I should have walked in, instead of listening to my lawyer. I waited for my appointment date before I did my biometrics. Could have saved weeks :(

Hello fellow October filers :)

When do you think is the soonest time one can receive the EAD? :( I should have walked in, instead of listening to my lawyer. I waited for my appointment date before I did my biometrics. Could have saved weeks :(

Welcome! Can you post your timeline?

Hi Guys...I just applied for I-130, 1-765, I-485. I'm currently in KY and don't have any idea about the frame times in this area. I'm waiting on biometrics appointment.

10-14-2010 Package sent to USCIS.
10-22-2010 Case received by USCIS.
10-27-2010 NOA.
10-28-2010 USCIS Cashed Checks.
10-30-2010 Received I-797 in the mail.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations!!!!
USCIS dont charge you a fee when you submit I-485 and I-765 together so you wont see a cash checked for that. If you had sent in payment for the I-765 it will be returned to you.

Yep, you were totally right, Friday I received the check back :) and today I finally got the 3 NOAs for all the other applications :).....for some reason they disregarded the G1145 and did not notify me by email/text.....oh well. At least now I'm in the system and waiting for the Biometrics appointment. Also, I tried right away the recepit numbers on-line but my cases can't be found yet...

10-13-2010 Sent to USCIS Chicago forms I-130, I-485, I-765, I-864, and I-693
10-14-2010 Delivered to USCIS Chicago (Received date on NOAs)
10-27-2010 Checks cashed
11-01-2010 Received in the mail 3xNOAs (I-130, I-485, I-765)

Keep me updated...

Yep, you were totally right, Friday I received the check back :) and today I finally got the 3 NOAs for all the other applications :).....for some reason they disregarded the G1145 and did not notify me by email/text.....oh well. At least now I'm in the system and waiting for the Biometrics appointment. Also, I tried right away the recepit numbers on-line but my cases can't be found yet...

10-27-2010 Checks cashed

Hey, it seems like we sent our package the same day. Would you keep me updated on your case so I can compare it with mine? Thank you!:eek:

10-27-2010 Checks cashed

Ha ha...So happy for you, I felt like I got a reward when I saw they returned the check although it was yours in the first place. Try again later, it should come up after you receive the actual receipts and from there you can opt to receive emails and text messages.
Congrats again! Update and let us know how you are doing.

Hi Guys...I just applied for I-130, 1-765, I-485. I'm currently in KY and don't have any idea about the frame times in this area. I'm waiting on biometrics appointment.

10-14-2010 Package sent to USCIS.
10-22-2010 Case received by USCIS.
10-27-2010 NOA.
10-28-2010 USCIS Cashed Checks.
10-30-2010 Received I-797 in the mail.

I think within the next 4 to 5 days............

Ha ha...So happy for you, I felt like I got a reward when I saw they returned the check although it was yours in the first place. Try again later, it should come up after you receive the actual receipts and from there you can opt to receive emails and text messages.
Congrats again! Update and let us know how you are doing.

Thanks so much for all the help and good wishes!! :) and it was somewhat your reward too ;)

Drats!!! I just got an RFE!!!! Seems like my Birth certificate is not English enough. For them. Everything in the birth certificate has both arabic and english, only problem is the fields are filled with arabic only. My brother didn't need a translation back when he did his, so I thought I didn't need to and can submit mine as is.

ٍSo i'll be translating it myself, and will attach a cover letter explaining that I am fluent in both languages and add to the cover letter this paragraph:

"I certify, under penalty of perjury under the laws of the United States of America, that the translation provided of the attached birth certificate is translated to the best of my knowledge and experience and is all accurate, and complete. I certify also that I am competent and fluent in both languages in both the spoken and written forms."

If anyone has other suggestions and ideas, that would be great. Thank you.

Edit: Also, just to be sure.. I am sending the birth certificate from the country of birth, not the country of citizenship/nationality.

Drats!!! I just got an RFE!!!! Seems like my Birth certificate is not English enough. For them. Everything in the birth certificate has both arabic and english, only problem is the fields are filled with arabic only. My brother didn't need a translation back when he did his, so I thought I didn't need to and can submit mine as is.

ٍSo i'll be translating it myself, and will attach a cover letter explaining that I am fluent in both languages and add to the cover letter this paragraph:

"I certify, under penalty of perjury under the laws of the United States of America, that the translation provided of the attached birth certificate is translated to the best of my knowledge and experience and is all accurate, and complete. I certify also that I am competent and fluent in both languages in both the spoken and written forms."

Edit: Also, just to be sure.. I am sending the birth certificate from the country of birth, not the country of citizenship/nationality.

May I suggest you have it translated by your brother.

Sure, I can have him translate it. or simply sign my translation that has his name as the translator. or sign as a person fluent in both languages certifying that the translation is accurate and complete... I guess any of those will work?!

Yes, that should work. For my application I printed a note saying that I was certifying that I'm fluent in both English and Italian and that the following was a complete and accurate translation of the attached document titled "...". signed it and dated it and then I translated field by field every single thing on my birth certificate. Hopefully it will be sufficient.

good luck!

It has been almost 10 days since I received my NOA's in the mail.. I havent seen my biometrics appointment letter yet..anyone experiencing similar delays? I am starting to get worried now!