Any October 2010 filers yet?

FYI everyone, scheduled infopass appt to try if I can speed up the biometrics appt and to get insider info. The CS looked it up and said the local FP place is scheduled up to 200 ppl a day and i am in the queue to be seen just no dates yet.... :( so deft no walk-ins for portland oregon...

Hey NEWBIERB,
They are gonna ask to see your appointment letter before they allow you to do your biometrics and then they have to stamp and sign it when you are done, so you have to wait until you receive the notice. After you have gotten the notice you can do a walk-in and have it done.

Best Wishes!

I got my RFE today and I don't understand what they want as they require evidence of something we didn't even submit.
if anyone can advise, here's what it says:
For the Household member's income to be included in the household income, the household member's income must have been from a lawful source and earned while the household member was authorized to work in the US.
what should I answer to them? we didn't submit anything about household member, cause the only household member of my husband is me. But we have a joint sponsor with all the income and tax returns that qualify... i'm so confused. should i get a lawyer for help or anyone had the same situation?
thank u guys

I got my RFE today and I don't understand what they want as they require evidence of something we didn't even submit.
if anyone can advise, here's what it says:
For the Household member's income to be included in the household income, the household member's income must have been from a lawful source and earned while the household member was authorized to work in the US.
what should I answer to them? we didn't submit anything about household member, cause the only household member of my husband is me. But we have a joint sponsor with all the income and tax returns that qualify... i'm so confused. should i get a lawyer for help or anyone had the same situation?
thank u guys

Does the joint sponsor live in your household? I would suggest you get a lawyer to look over the documents you had sent. I had the same issue and my I-130 was approved but I-485 and I-765 was denied in August due to issues with submitting documents for my joint sponsor that I had previously submitted and they said I had not. Now I am refiling and have to pay the filing fee again and also a lawyer. If I had taken the advice I had given to you I would probably have my greencard by now. The forum can do so much. If is only to go for a consultation for them to look at the forms trust me its worth it. My two cents

Last edited by a moderator:
Does the joint sponsor live in your household? I would suggest you get a lawyer to look over the documents you had sent. I had the same issue and my I-130 was approved but I-485 and I-765 was denied in August due to issues with submitting documents for my joint sponsor that I had previously submitted and they said I had not. Now I am refiling and have to pay the filing fee again and also a lawyer. If I had taken the advice I had given to you I would probably have my greencard by now. The forum can do som much. If is only to go for a consultation for them to look at the forms trust me its worth it. My two cents

the joint sponsor doesn't live in our household. the RFE i got doesn't say a word about the joint sponsor, but only about household member of the petitioner. i did the whole research, and i guess the issue is in the Part 6, question 24 E on the I-864 Form, i checked it, but 24 B is empty, so i believe i shouldn't check the box 24 E, even though two of my friends did and they got approved....

the joint sponsor doesn't live in our household. the RFE i got doesn't say a word about the joint sponsor, but only about household member of the petitioner. i did the whole research, and i guess the issue is in the Part 6, question 24 E on the I-864 Form, i checked it, but 24 B is empty, so i believe i shouldn't check the box 24 E, even though two of my friends did and they got approved....

You shouldnt have checked that if you are not using your spouse (the intending immigrant) as a joint sponsor. Hmmm I really dont know how you fix that one cause since it is your error.

You shouldnt have checked that if you are not using your spouse (the intending immigrant) as a joint sponsor. Hmmm I really dont know how you fix that one cause since it is your error.

we filled out the new I-864 form, and wrote a letter of explanation, why the household member's income is not included and that the joint sponsor's affidavit was submitted to meet the income requirements.
we hope it's correct.

we filled out the new I-864 form, and wrote a letter of explanation, why the household member's income is not included and that the joint sponsor's affidavit was submitted to meet the income requirements.
we hope it's correct.

I hope so too wish you alll the best!!!

Received biometrics appointment for 12/01/2010... too far away.. i am scared that my EAD will be delayed because of Christmas. uhhh....anyone know can i do walk in FP here in Kansas City MO???????? any idea they accept walk-ins here???

Hi Guys, here is my wife's time-line:
10/07/10: I-130, I-485 and I-765 sent to USCIS
10/09/10: Applications delivered.
10/19/10: Text message and e-mail: acceptance for both applications
10/22/10: Received I-797C x 2
10/22/10: LUD
10/27/10: Biometric appointment for 11/17/10
11/03/10: LUD for I-765 and RFE for I-485
11/06/10: Mailed RFE
11/08/10:RFE delivered to Summit's Lee MO

My wife got RFE: they are requesting approval notice?????? We sent approval notice, we got I-171 family petition approval notice. we didn't get I-797 approval notice.
they sent us I-171 that it's approval notice as well. We resent I-171, we'll see what happen.

Any comments about I-171?

I am a little confused.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Annina, I don't know if they accept walk-ins here in BUF. I went on the date of my appointment. Glad to find someone from Buffalo and going through the same process :)

Yeah, I decided to keep my date as well, 10 days only now. Do you see your cases on-line? Still can't see mine.......probably they are very much backed up with a lot of new applications before the next fee increase? oh well......will keep you posted with any news :)

10-13-2010 Sent to USCIS Chicago forms I-130, I-485, I-765, I-864, and I-693
10-14-2010 Delivered to USCIS Chicago (Received date on NOAs)
10-27-2010 Checks cashed
11-01-2010 Received in the mail 3xNOAs (I-130, I-485, I-765)
11-04-2010 Received Biometrics appointment for 11/19

Yeah, I decided to keep my date as well, 10 days only now. Do you see your cases on-line? Still can't see mine.......probably they are very much backed up with a lot of new applications before the next fee increase? oh well......will keep you posted with any news :)

10-13-2010 Sent to USCIS Chicago forms I-130, I-485, I-765, I-864, and I-693
10-14-2010 Delivered to USCIS Chicago (Received date on NOAs)
10-27-2010 Checks cashed
11-01-2010 Received in the mail 3xNOAs (I-130, I-485, I-765)
11-04-2010 Received Biometrics appointment for 11/19
Yes, I see my cases online. I am checking it every day of my life now. Driving me nuts. Haha.

Timeline Update

I am waiting for the biometrics appointment letter. Also just realized I have to get started on my wife's (us citizen/sponsor) paperwork to allow her to visit my home country. Fingers crossed.

10/26/2010 - Day 00 - Sent I130, I485, I693, I864-EZ, I765, I131 to chicago lockbox via USPS.
10/27/2010 - Day 01 - Delivered to Chicago, IL
11/02/10 - Day 07 - Received USCIS Acceptance Confirmation by Emails (x4)
11/05/10 - Day 10 - Received I-797C, Notice of Action by mail (x4)

Just got a text/email regarding reviewal of response to RFE. My biometrics is tomorrow. I'm scheduled for 1pm, but due to trains and avoiding any problems, i'll arrive there at 10am. Any chance they'd take me in prior to the actual time in the notice?

djhash- You should be fine! good luck

Just got a text/email regarding reviewal of response to RFE. My biometrics is tomorrow. I'm scheduled for 1pm, but due to trains and avoiding any problems, i'll arrive there at 10am. Any chance they'd take me in prior to the actual time in the notice?

Well.. I just arrived here about 20 mins ago. And they won't let me sit or give me a number. Was asked to return at 12:30. Just great. Will walk around a bit and find a cafe or someplace rather than waiting out in the cold. Will update again soon. Good luck to everyone else.

Well.. I just arrived here about 20 mins ago. And they won't let me sit or give me a number. Was asked to return at 12:30. Just great. Will walk around a bit and find a cafe or someplace rather than waiting out in the cold. Will update again soon. Good luck to everyone else.

Oh I am sorry to hear that. Just hang in there...will be over soon...Good luck!!!

Hola, Should've updated yesterday. But got a little busy. So fingerprinting was done. Other than having to wait 2 hours or so before I can get in and get a number; As soon as I got in I was out in 20 minutes. I actually finished before the scheduled appointment time of 1pm. Then had lunch, and went back home.

Updating timeline here

11/02/2010 - received text messages for receipt of forms
11/08/2010 - received NOA in mail
11/09/2010 - received biometrics appt letter
11/09/2010 - walk in biometrics done