Any November filers?

hmm....

Hi Kalyan2002:

1. You can start working to the new job immediately if your new employer trusts you. H1B visa or other visas is for whom do not have work permit. Once you leave your job, your employer supposes to write a letter to USCIS of terminating an employment relationship with you. And yes, once they send the letter to USCIS, your H1B will be invalid.

2. Based on other relevant cases of filing on concurrent I-130 & I-485, before or after your interview they will decide whether approve or not. If everything is fine, you will receive a welcome letter and then green card. Don't worry too much about web information, at this point you are fine unless without receiving interview letter.

:)

That was very useful information Thanks!!

usually how long does it take to receive interview letter?
is it advisable to leave current employment (which is on H1) and find a permanent position on EAD basis....i'm not sure.:confused:
i'm tired of my current job.......100% travel involved. :( and have to be away from home.

is it advisable to leave current employment (which is on H1) and find a permanent position on EAD basis....i'm not sure.:confused:
i'm tired of my current job.......100% travel involved. :( and have to be away from home.

yes, it is ok to transfer to another job once you have your EAD. and dont you know that even if you dont have EAD you still can change jobs and ask for the new emplyer to do a H1-B transfer?

To keep your H1-B status will be avoiding EAD renewls if in the extreme case your case is stuck in name check. But if you beliwve your case is going to be approved sooner or later (if the marriave is bona-fide and you have other suporting materials), it should be safe to use EAD.

Hi Shalinidd:

Please look into December Filers thread. One of the cases is pretty much like you. When she got an updated I130 for her parents, the following day she got another LUP for I485.

Well, nothing happend for me, no letter in mail, no LUP for I-485 :(:confused:

Case to resume?

Hello guys!
I have filed my application and initially it advanced smoothly. But then I got a RFE and sent the evidence right away. (it was only to send I-864 form instead of I-864EZ) However, I have not got any confirmation, and no action online. I called the USCIS, they said I have to wait 60 days for a confirmation or an action online. What do you suggest? Should I send another copy of the evidence. Postal service says delivered, so I know that they got it, but now i am not sure. Many people here get their confirmation usually a week after!

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks. Don't you guys worry I'm pretty sure you'll get it soon. Anyway I applied for a ssn today they said it's gonna take 2 weeks for me to get it from mail. Going to DMV tomorrow.

no problem

Hello guys!
I have filed my application and initially it advanced smoothly. But then I got a RFE and sent the evidence right away. (it was only to send I-864 form instead of I-864EZ) However, I have not got any confirmation, and no action online. I called the USCIS, they said I have to wait 60 days for a confirmation or an action online. What do you suggest? Should I send another copy of the evidence. Postal service says delivered, so I know that they got it, but now i am not sure. Many people here get their confirmation usually a week after!

I got a RFE (12/14)to submit tax returns of my wife.....and it got updated i think after 20 days(1/4)........so i'm sure they will update your's too pretty soon....hang in there.:rolleyes:

Hi Kalyan2002:

I received after 68 days. So you should receive this week or next week.

Miaomiao is right. Having H1B is good protection in case anything happen. But, if you trust your guts, go ahead to move on. Afterall, you'll have your interview next month or two. May be it's not a bad idea start looking for a new job. After finishing your interview, getting your green card, you can do whatever you want. For me it takes 103 days got an interview. So you should be real soon. :D

BTW, just for information. If you have married your wife more than two years on or before the interview date, they will issue you a 10-yr permanent green card. If not, they will issue you a conditional green card. After two years, you need to apply for removal of the conditional status. Of course, at that time you suppose are still married to your wife.

It's always good to have a backup plan.

Hello guys!

Hi Hornshonking:

Sorry to hear you have RFE. Just like Kalyan2002 said, it usually takes a little more time after receiving RFE. If postal service said the document has delivered, they must have it. Hope you'll receive the update soon. :)

thanks. Don't you guys worry I'm pretty sure you'll get it soon. Anyway I applied for a ssn today they said it's gonna take 2 weeks for me to get it from mail. Going to DMV tomorrow.

Hi nove30filer:

Congratulations! Another major move in your life. :D:D:D

I hope things should move smoothly because I desperately need EAD by Feb 2008 (as my H1 is becoming 6 years cap) to continue job and enjoy medical benefits. we are having our first baby in march , so I am little scared to become jobless at that time. pray for me

Hi Dakazn:

Have you got any news of your EAD yet? If not, will you call them soon. It's really close to 90 days. They have to look into it seriously.

Hi Dakazn:

Have you got any news of your EAD yet? If not, will you call them soon. It's really close to 90 days. They have to look into it seriously.

Hi Eleanor
everyday when going back home open my mail box with a hope........but till no letter or card. I'll call them next week.

Hi Eleanor
everyday when going back home open my mail box with a hope........but till no letter or card. I'll call them next week.

Hi Dakazn:

Thanks for your reply.

Never give up. Call them now if you feel depressed. It's been too long. Explain your situation to them and ask for speaking to your IO or their supervisor for help.

Hang in there. :):):)

God bless you.

Thank you

Hi Kalyan2002:

I received after 68 days. So you should receive this week or next week.

Miaomiao is right. Having H1B is good protection in case anything happen. But, if you trust your guts, go ahead to move on. Afterall, you'll have your interview next month or two. May be it's not a bad idea start looking for a new job. After finishing your interview, getting your green card, you can do whatever you want. For me it takes 103 days got an interview. So you should be real soon. :D

BTW, just for information. If you have married your wife more than two years on or before the interview date, they will issue you a 10-yr permanent green card. If not, they will issue you a conditional green card. After two years, you need to apply for removal of the conditional status. Of course, at that time you suppose are still married to your wife.

It's always good to have a backup plan.

I guess need to start looking for new jobs....although the job market looks pretty dull.

man..should have got married sooner.....when met my wife way back in 2004...i would have gotten a 10yr permanent GC.;)

anyway...have not yet received EAD....got email yesterday that they mailed it.

hope to receive interview letter soon...and then i can be sure to take up a new job and leave this current one.

call them..

Hi Dakazn:

Thanks for your reply.

Never give up. Call them now if you feel depressed. It's been too long. Explain your situation to them and ask for speaking to your IO or their supervisor for help.

Hang in there. :):):)

God bless you.

Yeah dakazn, call them immediately and find out what's going on.
Good luck

Hi Eleanor

Dakazn, Call the USCIS and also call your employer. My employer said that even the receipt notice for the EAD application is acceptable given that you are eligible to work and can provide the EAD within 90 days after your start date. I've already got my AP yesterday, and still waiting for my EAD card.

I guess need to start looking for new jobs....although the job market looks pretty dull.

man..should have got married sooner.....when met my wife way back in 2004...i would have gotten a 10yr permanent GC.;)

anyway...have not yet received EAD....got email yesterday that they mailed it.

hope to receive interview letter soon...and then i can be sure to take up a new job and leave this current one.

Hi Kalyan2002:

It took them 5 days to mail to me.

About the IL, I have no clue. Seems like every applicant has its own timeline to receive it.

About marrying earlier or later, it's a tough call. Without dating for certain period, it's hard to make that decision.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dakazn, Call the USCIS and also call your employer. My employer said that even the receipt notice for the EAD application is acceptable given that you are eligible to work and can provide the EAD within 90 days after your start date. I've already got my AP yesterday, and still waiting for my EAD card.

My employer is not accepting the receipt notice, they are telling me to produce physical EAD card. Although I made them to read the information on I-9 form, but they are saying that information is misleading and its mainly about SS Cards