Any May filers around?

Neha hang in there.. u are going to get your EAD in 14 days time :) Day 72 baby!!

Thanks myredskins. For a change now I am less worried about my EAD but excited about my parents visiting from India ;) . I am telling them to come before my EAD comes, so that I can attend them and spend time with them :D

Neha

Good strategy. You wont have time for them if you have to work!

Thanks myredskins. For a change now I am less worried about my EAD but excited about my parents visiting from India ;) . I am telling them to come before my EAD comes, so that I can attend them and spend time with them :D

Neha

Soon you'll be fine.. its on its way ok? hheheeh all the best to you :)

Thanks for the comforting words... It's less than two months till the interview, now I need to thoroughly prepare all the documents. I hope my interview will go as well as yours, and I hope I won't be too nervous. It all depends what atmosphere the officer will create...

Hi all, I got my EAD CARD in the mail also ; seprate mail (2 AP letters) in 1 envelope!!! Do anyone know why they sent me 2 AP Docs? If I will be traveling at the Border will the just look at the AP and then give it back to me? How does that work anyone? I will be going to the SSA to get my SS then DL normal ID card :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I got the email today......EAD card production ordered!!! Funny thing is my new employers sent in the H1B application on thursday. I guess they can withdraw the application and cancel the check!!!

Things are moving along:D

Hi all, I got my EAD CARD in the mail also ; seprate mail (2 AP letters) in 1 envelope!!! Do anyone know why they sent me 2 AP Docs? If I will be traveling at the Border will the just look at the AP and then give it back to me? How does that work anyone? I will be going to the SSA to get my SS then DL normal ID card :)

Hi Tommy,

I am not completely sure, but I think the one of the copies might be taken away from you when you travel, and one is for you to keep. Not sure though.... Or maybe they are for 2 different trips.

I know I read here on this forum something about the 2 copies. Do some search! If PraetorianXI was here, he would have probably told you ;-)

Congrats on your APs and EAD!

I got the email today......EAD card production ordered!!! Funny thing is my new employers sent in the H1B application on thursday. I guess they can withdraw the application and cancel the check!!!

Things are moving along:D

Congrats IrishDMBF. No LUDs for me though my ND is a day before you??

Hey guys!

I am in Venezuela! Enjoying the soon, the warm people and the delicious home food :D!

Just wanted to drop by and wish you all well. I will get in touch again before returning.

congratulations

Just got home after my interview. Happy to say that it went smoothly and I got approved, passport stamped etc.

Went to interview with all the required documents, some cards / letters between my wife and I, a bunch of photos, etc.

We got asked questions such as:

Where did you meet?
When did you meet?
Who brought up the topic of marriage?
What do you have in common?
What do you see in each other.. / Why did you want to marry each other?
When did you first meet your wife's parents?
Do you have any plans to visit your spouse country?

During the process we got asked for some shared financial documents. I gave a statement from my bank showing that we have a joint checking account, and another statement that showed joint dental insurance, and our lease.

Interview started maybe 10-15min late, interview itself lasted maybe 10-15mins tops. Passport got stamped. Was told to expect the greencard in 2-4wks from Texas.

Also explained about removing conditional status 2yrs from today's date (well, file for it 90 days before that 2yr anniversary) and that I can apply for Citizenship 3yrs from today's date as long as we're still married.

Thanks to everyone on here for posting timelines, and sharing info about your experiences. It's been a great help!

congrats on your approval
my interview on aug 9th
can you help with list of documents you took for interview plz
thank you in advance

congratulations

Thanks man for the congrats (and to everyone else on the forum). Well the next thing now is to wait for the actual thing to show up in the mail, or at least get some LUD's online. Something I can tell you though about the Philly Do is that it lookes really busy. So you will be in and out in no time. Just go prepared with a lot of financial papers that show that you guys are together.

All the best.

my interview on aug 9th
thank you in advance

Hey guys!

I am in Venezuela! Enjoying the soon, the warm people and the delicious home food :D!

Just wanted to drop by and wish you all well. I will get in touch again before returning.

Good to hear from you! :) Am glad you're having a wonderful time at home. We're keeping up the support here :) All the best to you as well. Safe holiday and trip back.

my interview on aug 9th
thank you in advance

Well if you read my post interview post you'd have seen what they were:

Joint bank statements, car insurance, health insurance records/reciepts etc, AAA cards, & lease showing we live together. You know take anything that shows that you guys do things together.. the above would be enough.

Good luck.

Finger Printing Notice?

Does any one know the time frame for Nebraska Service Center to issue Finger Printing Notice after applying 485? Also, who would get the notice the attorney or petitioner?

Does any one know the time frame for Nebraska Service Center to issue Finger Printing Notice after applying 485? Also, who would get the notice the attorney or petitioner?

i did not use an attorney, but i guess the person who is trying to adjust their status gets the letters (in this case YOU).

I believe all biometric notices are mailed from Lee's Summit MO even if you mailed your stuff to Nebraska. Post your timeline. You should recieve a finger print notice a month after filing.

Just checked my status online and looks like I had an LUD on my I-130 today... Looked at the March Filers thread and looks like probably I'll get my interview letter a week from now. Wow.

Not sure why but I don't get any emails updating my on my case status even though both my I-130 and I-485 have 'Y' set for emails...

how long did it take you to hear from that about your case getting resumes?. I have been waiting since the 6th of this month to find out if the RFI response was accepted.

A quick update here, I sent the response to the birth certificate RFE on Friday 7/27, 52 days after the RFE ND (do I hold the May filer record for taking the longest to respond to an RFE? ;)).

My wife and I sorted a photo album with 300 pictures from our 2005 trip to Austria this weekend, before we go again in August and bring back 300 more :eek: (... probably a lot more than 300 because we have a digital camera now).

Of course, the photo album will probably also be useful as evidence for our GC interview. I'm sure it will leave no doubt in the IO's mind that my wife has visited Austria, met my parents, was forced to share my and my dad's passion for soccer, and had to hike her way up and down the Austrian mountains she wanted to see! Unfortunately, no pictures of her being force-fed horse meat :)D) but I'll be sure to have the camera ready this time when we eat a tasty rabbit! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
for the info of others that are going for interview, the docs that I was asked to show were:

- Lease for apartment with our names on it to prove we live together.
- The IO asked for any docs to show that we have shared finances.. So I gave him the lease, a dental insurance invoice with both our names on it.
- He looked at my passport, removed any previous I-94's
- Asked what the visa status was of my ex wife
- Asked how I entered the US - H1B ...
- Asked who I worked for - Told him - He checked my passport to check the name that was on my H1B.

I presume they could ask for A LOT MORE... we had photos, letters, cards etc, but didn't have to show any of it.