Any May filers around?

They didnt give me back the letter. They kept it.
But my passport got stamped and the guy at the window told me it was as good as the card itself (but only for 1yr). Thats good enough for me. I am just going to let them do their thing. I am not even gong to check for any LUDs to see when my card is coming, I will expect it to be in the mail anytime from September.
:) :)

Thanks everyone for your comments. This board has been really helpfull. Just wished i had more time to contribute. But based on my experience, if i see a question that i have knowledge of, I wont hesitate to comment on it.

Big Congrats.... :)

They didnt give me back the letter. They kept it.
But my passport got stamped and the guy at the window told me it was as good as the card itself (but only for 1yr). Thats good enough for me. I am just going to let them do their thing. I am not even gong to check for any LUDs to see when my card is coming, I will expect it to be in the mail anytime from September.
:) :)

Thanks everyone for your comments. This board has been really helpfull. Just wished i had more time to contribute. But based on my experience, if i see a question that i have knowledge of, I wont hesitate to comment on it.

I guess you are right.. I wont be bothering USCIS either.. the lady said I was approved and that was it.. for now I will wait for the card in the mail (expected August 15th or so). Besides I will just get back to work on Monday! Enjoy life :)

Cograts!!

Congratulations to myredskin and alkebulan. Thanks for sharing your interview experiences.
Shinkasen, best whishes for your interview. :D I'm looking forward to read your experience.

Just got home after my interview. Happy to say that it went smoothly and I got approved, passport stamped etc.

Went to interview with all the required documents, some cards / letters between my wife and I, a bunch of photos, etc.

We got asked questions such as:

Where did you meet?
When did you meet?
Who brought up the topic of marriage?
What do you have in common?
What do you see in each other.. / Why did you want to marry each other?
When did you first meet your wife's parents?
Do you have any plans to visit your spouse country?

During the process we got asked for some shared financial documents. I gave a statement from my bank showing that we have a joint checking account, and another statement that showed joint dental insurance, and our lease.

Interview started maybe 10-15min late, interview itself lasted maybe 10-15mins tops. Passport got stamped. Was told to expect the greencard in 2-4wks from Texas.

Also explained about removing conditional status 2yrs from today's date (well, file for it 90 days before that 2yr anniversary) and that I can apply for Citizenship 3yrs from today's date as long as we're still married.

Thanks to everyone on here for posting timelines, and sharing info about your experiences. It's been a great help!

Congratulations Shinkansen. :) Have fun as LPR.

I am glad to see all the guys/gals are coming back with good news. Next up Mr. Praetorian and myself on Aug 7th. :cool:

Prasad

Congrats shinkansen! Your LPR timeline went as fast as a bullet train ... ;)

Handle --------------- AOS ND ---- AOS ID ---------- Result ---- Interview Link
Mishumishu ---------- May 16 ----- Jul 17 ---------- Approved ----- Here
Alkebulan ------------ May 08 ------ Jul 25 --------- Approved ----- Here
shinkansen ----------- May 02 ----- Jul 26 --------- Approved ----- Here
PraetorianXI --------- May 08 ----- Aug 07 --------- Pending
mpanati -------------- May 10 ----- Aug 07 ---------- Pending
mamtashok ---------- May 08 ----- Aug 09 ---------- Pending
IrishDMBF ----------- May 22 ------ Aug 13 ---------- Pending
leleth ----------------- May 10 ----- Aug 20 ---------- Pending
ktrueson ------------ May 02 ------ Aug 22 --------- Pending
nehasharma -------- May 21 ------ Aug 24 --------- Pending
adom.2007 ---------- May 14 ----- Aug 27 ---------- Pending
alsteg ---------------- May 24 ----- Aug 29 --------- Pending
Tommy_Chicago --- May 07 ----- Sep 06 ---------- Pending
Luci_merlion -------- May 21 ----- Sep 10 ---------- Pending
Tairaesias ----------- May 07 ----- Sep 12 --------- Pending
k.ambrose ----------- Jun 01 ----- Sep 12 --------- Pending
dee2006 ------------- May 14 ----- Sep 13 --------- Pending
MagdaJ -------------- Jun 01 ------ Sep 17 --------- Pending
simsim31 ------------ May 25 ----- Sep 18 -------- Pending
roshlimbo ------------ May 11 ----- Oct 9 ---------- Pending

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got home after my interview. Happy to say that it went smoothly and I got approved, passport stamped etc.

Went to interview with all the required documents, some cards / letters between my wife and I, a bunch of photos, etc.

We got asked questions such as:

Where did you meet?
When did you meet?
Who brought up the topic of marriage?
What do you have in common?
What do you see in each other.. / Why did you want to marry each other?
When did you first meet your wife's parents?
Do you have any plans to visit your spouse country?

During the process we got asked for some shared financial documents. I gave a statement from my bank showing that we have a joint checking account, and another statement that showed joint dental insurance, and our lease.

Interview started maybe 10-15min late, interview itself lasted maybe 10-15mins tops. Passport got stamped. Was told to expect the greencard in 2-4wks from Texas.

Also explained about removing conditional status 2yrs from today's date (well, file for it 90 days before that 2yr anniversary) and that I can apply for Citizenship 3yrs from today's date as long as we're still married.

Thanks to everyone on here for posting timelines, and sharing info about your experiences. It's been a great help!

Great news! Congratulations :) And thank you for the detailed post. Enjoy your next USCIS-free 2 yrs ;)

Nothing to report here... still pending. Guess we will be the odd ones out seeing as some people have already got their ID that even filed after we did. :rolleyes:

Hi myredskins and luci_merlion,
Hope it's going well :) I was wondering whether parking is easily found in the Philly DO. Since I currently live in Dover :( (am planning to leave this town sometime in the near future) and my husband's based in NJ, was thinking of staying the night in a motel in Philly near the DO. What do you guys think?

Hi myredskins and luci_merlion,
Hope it's going well :) I was wondering whether parking is easily found in the Philly DO. Since I currently live in Dover :( (am planning to leave this town sometime in the near future) and my husband's based in NJ, was thinking of staying the night in a motel in Philly near the DO. What do you guys think?

What time is your interview? Make sure you arrive 30 minutes before time and you should be able to find parking. I don't its worth investing money to spend a night here for a 15 minute meeting. Well I know the importance of the interview and you dont want to be late. But lets say the interview is at 9 am.. be in Phila by 8 am.. (leave Dover by 6:30 am) find parking then walk around. The DO is easy to spot on the street on cnr 16th & Willow ;) Good luck.

Interview's at 8:30 AM. I just don't want to take any chances in getting there on time. I'll see, I'd rather spend the $$$ for the peace of mind...but thanks for the suggestion.

Interview's at 8:30 AM. I just don't want to take any chances in getting there on time. I'll see, I'd rather spend the $$$ for the peace of mind...but thanks for the suggestion.

Thats pretty early.. get a hotel :) that way u can leave ur car there and maybe walk to the interview place lol..