Any May filers around?

Does anyone know about this:

YOU MUST BRING THE FOLLOWING ITEMS WITH YOU: All documentation establishing your eligibility for Lawful Permanent Resident Status. What is all that documentation?

Pretty much the documents that prove you are here legally (I-94/passport) and that you married an USC (marriage certificate) and that you are filing for AOS (copies of I-130/I-485 receipts?).

They state many things, repeatedly. :p

Pretty much the documents that prove you are here legally (I-94/passport) and that you married an USC (marriage certificate) and that you are filing for AOS (copies of I-130/I-485 receipts?).

They state many things, repeatedly. :p

Ok that's pretty much what I thought they required. But I had to check since I am due to visit them in 2 days ;)

Thanks,

do we still need to carry the tax transcripts even when they have been submitted to the INS along with the main application ?

Yes. They ask you for them (the transcripts or copies of the returns) in the IL.

And we got our IRS transcripts because my wife lost her 2004 tax return copy. So :p this was easier.

I am packing for my trip now! and all of the supporting evidence is ready :D

Hi guys, I received my IL on Friday. Luci_merlion, you were right :)
So the interview is slated to be early in the morning on Sept. 12th :)
Thanks for the encouragement, guys. We all know how crazy things can get while waiting..... :cool:
But, hey, I've got mine now as well :)

Definition of resume:

resume |riˈzoōm|
verb [ trans. ]
begin to do or pursue (something) again after a pause or interruption : a day later normal service was resumed.
• [ intrans. ] begin to be done, pursued, or used again after a pause or interruption : hostilities had ceased and normal life had resumed.
• [ intrans. ] begin speaking again after a pause or interruption : he sipped at the glass of water on the lectern and then resumed | [with direct speech ] “As for Joe,” the major resumed, “I can't promise anything.”
• take, pick up, or put on again; return to the use of : the judge resumed his seat.

Now, According to that definition, when you "resume" something, it notes that you stopped doing something and continued.

I could see two things here, when you travel on AP. You are no longer in the US "waiting" on your process of adjustment of status. But, that does not mean that USCIS puts a hold on the process necessarily.

I mean, just because you are on vacation, it does not mean that USCIS is. :p

Meaning, if you are gone on AP, the process continues (IMHO). You will still get an RFE or your Interview Letter and Appointment. If you are gone on AP and do not come back before your interview. It will be deemed abandoned.

So when you do come back, you resume, to do your waiting... but USCIS is still and has been working (slooooowly).

The only time your application is put on hold/pause is when they send you an RFE.

That is how I see it. :)

Thanks for quoting the dictionary ;)

I hope you are right! I just wanted to make sure that my case won't get postponed because of AP. Today I am sending the application. I still didn't get IL so I thought AP might come in handy, who knows how long I will have to wait for IL, and I might need to fly to see my family soon (somebody got sick :( ) Anyway, I don't want to pay $305after July 30th.

Thanks for the encouragement, guys. We all know how crazy things can get while waiting..... :cool:

A big Congrats to you :) See told you it was on its way ...

Neha

You can bring either the copies of your tax returns and W2s and 1099s... OR... the IRS transcripts. I chose the transcripts because I did not have a copy of the 2004 tax return. :)

Congratulations! Now, just wait some more :)

Handle --------------- AOS ND ---- AOS ID ---------- Result ---- Interview Link
Mishumishu ---------- May 16 ----- Jul 17 ---------- Approved ----- Here
shinkansen ----------- May 02 ----- Jul 26 ---------- Pending
PraetorianXI --------- May 08 ----- Aug 07 --------- Pending
mpanati -------------- May 10 ----- Aug 07 ---------- Pending
mamtashok ---------- May 08 ----- Aug 09 ---------- Pending
IrishDMBF ----------- May 22 ------ Aug 13 ---------- Pending
leleth ----------------- May 10 ----- Aug 20 ---------- Pending
ktrueson ------------ May 02 ------ Aug 22 --------- Pending
nehasharma -------- May 21 ------ Aug 24 --------- Pending
adom.2007 ---------- May 14 ----- Aug 27 ---------- Pending
alsteg ---------------- May 24 ----- Aug 29 --------- Pending
Tommy_Chicago --- May 07 ----- Sep 06 ---------- Pending
Luci_merlion -------- May 21 ----- Sep 10 ---------- Pending
Tairaesias ----------- May 07 ----- Sep 12 --------- Pending
k.ambrose ----------- Jun 01 ----- Sep 12 --------- Pending
dee2006 ------------- May 14 ----- Sep 13 --------- Pending
simsim31 ------------ May 25 ----- Sep 18 -------- Pending
roshlimbo ------------ May 11 ----- Oct 9 ---------- Pending

Last edited by a moderator:

Congrats, k.ambrose!!
I notice our timeline is almost the same!! Only that your biometrics appointment was 8 days earlier. I hope my IL comes soon, too! Good luck on your interview!

Neha

Your time line and my time line is almost the same , your notice date is 05 / 21 and mine is 05 / 23 , my interview is on 22nd august , i just hope we receive the ead's in some time may be a couple of weeks more

Neha

Your time line and my time line is almost the same , your notice date is 05 / 21 and mine is 05 / 23 , my interview is on 22nd august , i just hope we receive the ead's in some time may be a couple of weeks more

Whats your DO? I seriously hope we receive our EAD soon...keep us posted.