Any May filers around?

I hope you get your IL soon, MadgaJ, because I want to know what interview dates to expect from the San Antonio DO!

Thanks austriacus for the good words, of course I will post the date of my IL. And I guess there is only you and me, whose DO is in San Antonio.... Good luck with your case!

I'm happy the ILs keep coming everyday...........Congrats and all the best to the recipients.

Finally got some update after about 5 weeks of silence.
I had an infopass on 7/18 and was told my case was on hold the Notice that was returned to the USCIS was an RFE.

On 7/20 I a copy of the RFE which I'm working to get it ready over the weekend. I hope they resume as soon as they received it.

Y'all have a good weekend.

Oh I might need a little help.. my wife did not file her taxes for 2004 due to low income and are requesting for a letter to explain that.
Does anyone here knows that format this letter should take? I would appreciate it. Thanks

Oh I might need a little help.. my wife did not file her taxes for 2004 due to low income and are requesting for a letter to explain that.
Does anyone here knows that format this letter should take? I would appreciate it. Thanks

My husband is the sponsor and he didn't file last year for the same reason. We got a record of non-filing from the IRS (just a transcript that says they have no record of filing). We also turned in a letter stating his total income for the income and got the amount from the IRS website the minimum income to file.

ok i got a quesiton, i havent changed my name on my passport yet but my last name has been changed on my DL and every bill and bank statements i have, would that be a problem that my passport doesnt have my new last name when its time for the interview?

No. It is a given that you will have to change your passport at some point. But on the meantime, keep a marriage certificate copy with you when you travel. :)

PraetorianXI, have you read my response to your post? I pasted a part of the instructions to I-131 where they mention about resuming the case. What do you think of this? Let me know. I might be wrong and have misunderstood that.

Got my EAD card yesterday.

My interview is on Wednesday... Will post how it goes for the members of the forum.

PraetorianXI, have you read my response to your post? I pasted a part of the instructions to I-131 where they mention about resuming the case. What do you think of this? Let me know. I might be wrong and have misunderstood that.

Yes, I read it, sorry I did not reply at the time. I read through the entire warning. And it is an entire sentence (point they are trying to make) separated by bullets. They are connected by a "Therefore" which means, the second item is a consequence of the first. In that case, they are talking about people who have overstayed over 180 days, maybe be admisible for certain benefits but will trigger the bans, and they may have to obtain a waiver... on and on. You have only overstayed 123 days right? so this affects you in nothing.

Here is the 2 items of that warning...

Although advance parole may allow you to return to the United States, your departure may trigger the three-or ten-year bar, if you accrued more than 180 days of unlawful presence BEFORE the date you were considered to be in a period of authorized stay.

Therefore, (IF THE CONDITION STATED ABOVE APPLIES TO YOU THEN) if you apply for adjustment of status after you return to the United States, resume an adjustment application that was pending before you left, or return to a status that requires you to establish that you are not inadmissible, you will need to apply for and receive a waiver of inadmissibility before your adjustment application may be approved or your status continued.

Yes, I read it, sorry I did not reply at the time. I read through the entire warning. And it is an entire sentence (point they are trying to make) separated by bullets. They are connected by a "Therefore" which means, the second item is a consequence of the first. In that case, they are talking about people who have overstayed over 180 days, maybe be admisible for certain benefits but will trigger the bans, and they may have to obtain a waiver... on and on. You have only overstayed 123 days right? so this affects you in nothing.

Here is the 2 items of that warning...

Although advance parole may allow you to return to the United States, your departure may trigger the three-or ten-year bar, if you accrued more than 180 days of unlawful presence BEFORE the date you were considered to be in a period of authorized stay.

Therefore, (IF THE CONDITION STATED ABOVE APPLIES TO YOU THEN) if you apply for adjustment of status after you return to the United States, resume an adjustment application that was pending before you left, or return to a status that requires you to establish that you are not inadmissible, you will need to apply for and receive a waiver of inadmissibility before your adjustment application may be approved or your status continued.

Hi PraetorianXI, thanks for your response, and I get your point as far as the instructions go, but I also took a close look at your AP scan, and how do you understand this sentence: "Presentation of this authorization will allow a CBP Inspector at the port-of-entry to parole you into the United States, which will allow you to resume your application for the adjustment of status" ? Doesn't it mean that the processing of your application is put on hold for the time of your trip, therefore you need to resume it?? What is your opinion about it? Maybe I am mistaken again... Let me know

Does anyone know about this:

YOU MUST BRING THE FOLLOWING ITEMS WITH YOU: All documentation establishing your eligibility for Lawful Permanent Resident Status. What is all that documentation?

still not received ead

i am getting a little concerned now , havent received the ead till now , its day 62 today , i was looking at roshlimbo's timeline , happened to received an LUD on card production in 62 days , another member who got his ead , has it in apprx 60 days again , i have not got an LUDs

Hi PraetorianXI, thanks for your response, and I get your point as far as the instructions go, but I also took a close look at your AP scan, and how do you understand this sentence: "Presentation of this authorization will allow a CBP Inspector at the port-of-entry to parole you into the United States, which will allow you to resume your application for the adjustment of status" ? Doesn't it mean that the processing of your application is put on hold for the time of your trip, therefore you need to resume it?? What is your opinion about it? Maybe I am mistaken again... Let me know

Definition of resume:

resume |riˈzoōm|
verb [ trans. ]
begin to do or pursue (something) again after a pause or interruption : a day later normal service was resumed.
• [ intrans. ] begin to be done, pursued, or used again after a pause or interruption : hostilities had ceased and normal life had resumed.
• [ intrans. ] begin speaking again after a pause or interruption : he sipped at the glass of water on the lectern and then resumed | [with direct speech ] “As for Joe,” the major resumed, “I can't promise anything.”
• take, pick up, or put on again; return to the use of : the judge resumed his seat.

Now, According to that definition, when you "resume" something, it notes that you stopped doing something and continued.

I could see two things here, when you travel on AP. You are no longer in the US "waiting" on your process of adjustment of status. But, that does not mean that USCIS puts a hold on the process necessarily.

I mean, just because you are on vacation, it does not mean that USCIS is. :p

Meaning, if you are gone on AP, the process continues (IMHO). You will still get an RFE or your Interview Letter and Appointment. If you are gone on AP and do not come back before your interview. It will be deemed abandoned.

So when you do come back, you resume, to do your waiting... but USCIS is still and has been working (slooooowly).

The only time your application is put on hold/pause is when they send you an RFE.

That is how I see it. :)

my redskins

it means that you have to carry all the notices for your presence in the united states , all documents that you have submitted to file ur premanent residence

i am getting a little concerned now , havent received the ead till now , its day 62 today , i was looking at roshlimbo's timeline , happened to received an LUD on card production in 62 days , another member who got his ead , has it in apprx 60 days again , i have not got an LUDs

The average is day 72. So give it 10 days.