Any May filers around?

I do not have anything else to say but Praetorian needs to get an EAD to get him away from the computer! :p J/k your comments are always very appreciated.

I'm curious what others decided to include or leave out when listing organizational memberships on the I-485. In previous versions of the form, they asked for specific types of memberships (I believe military and politics related), now they ask for everything. For anyone who's lived in the US for a while, or been active online, you'll pick up memberships all over the place. I excluded things such as frequent buyer grocery store cards, frequent flyer programs, internet sites where I'm a registered user, etc. ... but I did include for instance my brief affiliation with the SETI (search for extraterrestrial intelligence) distributed computing project. I wonder if the government will think I'm an "alien" spy. :eek:

Lol... alien from Austria.

I put in a couple of non-profit organizations I am a volunteer for and the church I am a member of. Nothing else.

I am guessing they just care to legally bind you and cover their butts by asking you that question. So you would only be in trouble if you lie about being a member of the KKK, Black Panthers, Nazi party, or something :p.

Yay, I got an LUD on my I-131 today! :D and an email saying this:

-------------------

Application Type: I131, APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT

Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On June 19, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I131 APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

-------------------

Now, somebody tell me what does that mean? how long before I get the actual AP Document? :)

Thank you! :)

I did my EAD Biometrics today! My ASC code was 2. But all they did was take the right index finger print and 1 photo...

Oh well... now keep on waiting.

Hello everyone, I don't think this is the right thread, but maybe you can give me some opinions.
My husband's citizenship interview is scheduled for August 21, and we were planning on sending 130/485 concurrently foe me after that. Due to the increases in fees, is it ok to send the 130 right now, and do AOS after his interview, does anyone has experience with upgrading petitions, how good is the USCIS upgrading petitions?

Yes, you can go ahead and do the same. But if you need Advance Parole and Employment Authorization Document. You could just wait until after the interview...

But if money is an option, just look around in other posts... or search for "upgrading petition" in this forum. :)

I have a question. Like everybody knows, for people applying Gc through employment, most of them got their priority dates current. So will this effect our processing times?

Thanks

Got an LUD on my I-765... I guess it has something to do with my FP appointment done today :)

Things are moving on :D but I still want an interview appointment.

It's kinda weird that many of our AOS applications go thru faster these days than Americans can get their passports. If any of you are planning to travel with your spouse and he/she still needs to get a passport, you better expect that it will take about as long to get as your AP document. :D

My Timeline. (Should have posted this since, but been very busy)

May 10 checks cashed (14 DAYS)
May 13 FP Notice for 24th of may (missed this cos a job took me out of town)
May 30 did my FP
May 31 LUD on I485 and I765
June 9 Interview Letter Notice
Interview Shceduled for July 25.

By the way, my DO is NY. And interview is in Garden City.

Praetorian. Good job on keeping this thread alive and always amongst the top 10.