Any May filers around?

constructus, I'll remind you again that our discussion about Lou Dobbs, illegal immigration, the role of LPRs in US public policy would probably not have ensued, had you not insisted on a detailed explanation on my "Lou Dobbish" statements and views. By the way I wouldn't have characterized it as "BS," neither your nor my comments, I think they were all well thought out. As far as the impact of our discussion to this thread is concerned, I don't worry too much because someone can learn a lot from the first 2000 posts in this thread. I think it is to be expected that the discussion diverges here after many of the original contributors in this thread were done with the GC process. I'm sure the thread will become more focused again in Spring 2009 when I-751 filing will become a topic form May 2007 filers... if it survives until then!

I strive to be objective when interpreting personal attacks; reminding one person to not personally attack doesn't mean I condone other's personal attacks. The issue of personal attacks is a little complicated, because a lot of it is interpretation. I didn't feel attacked by "Lou Dobbish" because of my positive connotations of Lou Dobbs, however someone with negative connotations of the same person could interpret it as an attack (therefore I was careful to describe my support of Lou Dobbs' ideas in detail in the subsequent discussion); and here is where I will agree with you that someone could have misinterpreted my statements about the Spanish language to be offensive "hate speech" if they interpreted it in such a way, however they ought to give me the benefit of the doubt as to what I actually meant.

I tend to give less weight to personal attacks that arise out of discussion or are related to the topic of discussion. Clearly, statements were made by Praetorian and you that I wouldn't have said this way, although I could see what the motivation and intended meaning of the language was for both of you. I didn't comment about personal attacks until some personal attacks that I perceived to be completely unrelated to the prior discussions were made.

Now returning to our discussion on Lou Dobbs, I don't share your sentiment that Lou Dobbs blames everything on Mexicans. He does single out Mexican immigration, probably because he believes it's the largest share of illegal immigrants and/or because the largest share of illegal immigration is across the US-Mexican border; but I don't think that makes him a racist. In fact he usually singles out governments (often US and Mexican), organizations (often catholic church, ACLU), and U.S. employers/industries in his discussion of the causes of illegal immigration. I don't see him blaming a certain people. Now, about why he's much more outraged when an illegal immigrant commits a crime, I think it's because of his reporting focus; as I recall he does present statistics quite often that crime rates within the illegal immigrant population are higher than in the general population, but I have not researched this myself so can't speak to it.

I appreciate the nice things you've said about me. About not being sarcastic, I am but I just hold myself back out of my own choice. :D I know we all are from so many diverse backgrounds that jokes can easily be misunderstood.

Last edited by a moderator:
the MONTH OF MAY has created a bond that "blinds" you.

I have to admit you are correct. I'd characterize the May filer movement as the new Freemasons, the new Knights Templar, the new Illuminati. We holds these truths to be self evident, that all May filers are created equal, that we are endowed by the moderators with certain unalienable rights, that among these are permanent residency, employment authorization, and the pursuit of intellectual domination over othermonthly filing beings.

I shall not do harm onto my brothers and sisters of the Grand Lodge of May. I shall seek a New World Order of permanent residents filing in the holy month of the Lord. I shall seek guidance and counsel from the Grandmaster P. Above all I shall worship the holy grail, which we May filers know to be a thin little shiny plastic card reflecting magnificently in all colors of the rainbow.

;)

You all are still talking about this. Well amen

BTW pea do think I'm stupid, I don't know what LOL means, you had to spell it out. I was just confused as to what you were laughing at. But if would makes you feel better, I'll do the right thing and say "LOMG, TYFTPO 411".

This is the reason I say do not out you personal info to strangers online.

I'm gonna trade this life for fortune and fame
I'd even get broadband and change my user name

Cause we all just wanna be May filer stars
Post in every new thread, memorize 8 CFR
Our opinion come easy and our advice come cheap
We'll post all nite 'cause we just won't eat
And we'll hang out with the filers of the coolest times
Reassure each other everything's gonna be fine
Every newlywed immigrant's
Gonna wind up here, sooner or later
Even undocumented ones
Without inspection paper

And we'll hang out with this forum's old school folks
Scare all new members with 10-year bar jokes
We'll conclude every post with that evil smile
Everybody's got an immigration lawyer on speed dial

Hey hey I wanna be a May filer!

LMAO, yo that verse you spit, was wack!!!! Men you took time to make that. Get with me I'll have my bro hook you up he have a nice studio in LA. LOL I'm kidding bout the verse that was like, so hot.

trini, you ain't seen nothin yet. How you like this one?

I got my first real GC
Found it in the mail at 11
Stared at it till my vision was blurred
It was the summer of '07

Me and some guy from Venezuela
Had a thread and we tried real hard
Some members got a name check, and all of them got married (duh!)
I shoulda known we'd never get far

Oh when I look back now
That summer seemed to last forever
And if I had the choice
Ya - I'd always wanna be there
Those were the best days of my life

Back in the summer of '07!

Fiddy... girl you keep giving me ideas. These are tough ones to cover. I'll have to work on that.

"Go Trini It's your 91st day. We gonna party like you shoulda received your EAD."

Here's a couple of exciting immigration highlights from me this week ...

1. Went to a pub with a co-worker and showed my GC when I was carded. (Usually people show their driver licenses, the bouncer looked pretty confused!)

2. Found the movie Green Card at a local Goodwill store for 99 cents on VHS. I don't have a VCR anymore so we'll watch it next time I visit my wife!

in Bold.

Here's a couple of exciting immigration highlights from me this week ...

1. Went to a pub with a co-worker and showed my GC when I was carded. (Usually people show their driver licenses, the bouncer looked pretty confused!)
I used my EAD when I was "carded" once, it was funny... Now I just use my license.

2. Found the movie Green Card at a local Goodwill store for 99 cents on VHS. I don't have a VCR anymore so we'll watch it next time I visit my wife!
LOL :D. I saw that movie about 2 months ago (DVD) and it was an interesting comparison to how things "may have been" in the past. I think you will enjoy it. Maybe this movie is why so many people try to get married for a GC?

Praetorian, I didn't realize it was released on DVD. My wife and I were looking for it at a couple of video stores and since we didn't find it, we concluded video stores carry mostly DVDs now and maybe it hadn't been released on DVD. Maybe the USCIS confiscated all the copies from video stores. :eek:

Trinigirl, no teasing, EAD was just the best thing I could come up with that kinda sorta rhymes with "day." But if it is your 91st (92nd?) day, I encourage you to take advantage of your rights under 8 CFR 274a.13(d) to obtain your EAD, provided the exceptions in § 274a.12(c)(8) and § 274a.12(c)(9) don't apply to you. If they do, then I'm truly sorry for having associated your case with the 90-day rule.

Well I'll make a info pass wednesday. This so crazy. BTW way you like to rap, I love hip hop. When I workout at the gym, that's what get me going. I love 50 cent.

I'm more of a pop/rock type person but I'll listen to pretty much anything every once in a while. As you may know, my wife and I don't live in the same city, so I get to listen to a lot of radio while I drive to visit ... and not always the genre of my choice in remote Texas areas I drive through. :D Oh, as far as rap is concerned, I usually do listen to Eminem!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm more of a pop/rock type person but I'll listen to pretty much anything every once in a while. As you may know, my wife and I don't live in the same city, so I get to listen to a lot of radio while I drive to visit ... and not always the genre of my choice in remote Texas areas I drive through. :D Oh, as far as rap is concerned, I usually do listen to Eminem!

I like him too. For a white boy his the best.

Austriacus, just came back from a little trip. Sorry I did not respond earlier.

Message received, and as I said, there is no HATE towards you, and towards no one else for that matter.

I still do not agree with you that Lou isn't a racist but I respect your opinion although I still do not think this is the proper forum to express any of that.

I will leave your MAY thread now. Had someone else not attacked me at the start I would have just made my point about respecting others and just moved on.

As for NiNyte, I have nothing to say to your comment. Just go back and read the whole thing and you will understand that I have no friends on this forum, though, I respect a lot of people here (like austriacus and Trini...) I do not consider them to be my friends and to PM them about personal stuff. All I talk to them about is about our cases which can help anybody, thus no need in PM's.

I am too tired to try and explain it to you because I would only be repeating myself which is a sign of insanity.

Peace Mr. A.

Here I am!! :p
I meant to write right after I arrived in Poland but there were some little problems with the computer. Anyway, I am fine, the flight was okay although there was a delay in Chicago and I almost missed my flight in London. CRAZY!

It is nice to be with my family :)
Maybe my husband will be able to come later.

Yes, it is cold, the weather is much different than the one in Texas.

Anyway, talk to you soon guys. I am still following the "famous" discussion on this thread ;)

BTW, how are the people from our thread that got stuck on the name check? Have things started to move on?

Here I am!! :p
I meant to write right after I arrived in Poland but there were some little problems with the computer. Anyway, I am fine, the flight was okay although there was a delay in Chicago and I almost missed my flight in London. CRAZY!

It is nice to be with my family :)
Maybe my husband will be able to come later.

Yes, it is cold, the weather is much different than the one in Texas.

Anyway, talk to you soon guys. I am still following the "famous" discussion on this thread ;)

BTW, how are the people from our thread that got stuck on the name check? Have things started to move on?

Hey! good to hear from you!

Greetings to your family from us in the USA :)

Did you get the New Resident Guide or what?! :cool:

Have a fun trip, and do not forget my postcard ;)