Any January filers out there?!?!

Bad News Guys! :( Just like Atlanta Brother, I too got a letter in mail today that my interview has been cancelled due to unforseen circumstances. :( They will reschedule it. Do tell me what do u plan to do Atlanta. :( Its so annoying. :( :( :(

Last edited by a moderator:
@Atlanta
Hey I just saw ur Interview was scheduled of May 13th. Anyways, My cancellation letter has come from my DO, thats Oklahoma City. Do you think I shd call them????

Oh No

Bad News Guys! :( Just like Atlanta Brother, I too got a letter in mail today that my interview has been cancelled due to unforseen circumstances. :( They will reschedule it. Do tell me what do u plan to do Atlanta. :( Its so annoying. :( :( :(

Sharina,

This is crazy. B4 I forget my attorney told me that the letter was issued from Lee Summit. MO and not from the local DO (Atlanta in my case). So you got the letter yesterday, haan. I haven't even seen the letter myself. Hopefully it's on it's way since the attorney has mailed it to me on Tuesday. Does the letter say that it will be rescheduled? This definitely means that it's a good sign.

I got to speak with few attorneys yesterday & they all agreed on thing that this is pretty common these days since they are focusing on interviewing ppl for N-400 application and getting them naturalized probably coz of elections but they said it may delay by a month. Hopefully we will get another letter in 2-3 weeks to be scheduled sometime in June. Nothing to worry about.

Were you also planning to take a trip & had few things lined up after getting GC? Are you very upset, how you're taking this?

Let's stay in touch & if u find anything new, let me know & I'll do the same.

Atlanta,

:) Thanks for ur reply, it does feel alot better after talking to you guys in here. I was freaking out yesterday but now I understand that its nothing unusual. They do it all the time. So, I guess I'm just gonna wait. I tried to search for a few threads in this forum about Interview cancellation and it looks like they do reschedule it in a few weeks.
Yes, The letter does apologise for any inconvenience caused( *rolling my eyes *:p) and that they will Reschedule the interview as soon as possible." I will keep you informed. But this sucks yaar! :(

I am very upset. My younger sister is getting married in India in May and for once it felt like I wd be able to attend the wedding. Actually the wedding was supposed to be in Oct, but the guys side of the family didn't want to wait, so they had to prepone it.
I just cant wait to see my parents and family back home. :(
But there's nothing we can do than just wait.

I am very upset. My younger sister is getting married in India in May and for once it felt like I wd be able to attend the wedding. Actually the wedding was supposed to be in Oct, but the guys side of the family didn't want to wait, so they had to prepone it.
I just cant wait to see my parents and family back home. :(
But there's nothing we can do than just wait.

why dont you apply for advance parole. you can still do it now. then you will be able to go home.

Ap

why dont you apply for advance parole. you can still do it now. then you will be able to go home.

Good thinking js360, but may be sharina doesn't want to take any chances of missing her interview notice and what if they don't give her enough time esp when they are working on re-scheduling the apptt date now.

Yea, I dont wanna risk. And then I wanna go and spend ALOT of time wt my folks! :D
I dont wanna rush back coz of my Interview date. hehehe!

Sharina, better to have the AP than not be able to go at all. I'm really sorry to hear about your interview cancellation, but I strongly, strongly suggest an AP.

Seems like the Jan filers were moving right along and now bam, roadblock. :(

I want to venture a guess here about these cancellations in mid-May.
the H1-B cap. 1 April USCIS starts receiving H1-b applications. and last year and this year, those applications go into a random lottery. so by May, the USCIS is super frantic to process those.
WHAAA!!! :eek: I hope they won't delay the lot of us if that's the case. Because all of us are up in May ...

and then I read all the msg about the N-400's for the Election year ... what nonsense ... but on the upside ... do any of you know people who want to sneak in a pre-mature application for N-400 and see if they get it just because it's election year and discrepencies in waiting 5 years may somehow sneakily be overlooked ? We all know how crooked politicians can influence things. A nice letter to Hillary or Obama saying "I want to vote for you, Please enable me and my whole family of 16 to vote for you by helping us be citizens This year" :D

Sometimes my mind runs ahead of itself

AP issue

Sharina, better to have the AP than not be able to go at all. I'm really sorry to hear about your interview cancellation, but I strongly, strongly suggest an AP.

Seems like the Jan filers were moving right along and now bam, roadblock. :(

Canuck,

It all comes down to the same thing that Sharina wouldn't wanna take a risk by applying for AP and then leaving the country & while she is away misses her interview letter & not being able to come right back to appear for her interview. She may want to get it done & overwith and while she is in India not have to worry about USCIS scheduling her an interview.

I would suggest she made an infopass. Get applied for an AP and if she's worried about missing a letter with the interview date, call USCIS every day and ask if a letter for an reschedule has been issued. If not, no problem. If yes, they could tell her the date and then she would know.

This isn't the ideal, of course, but at least she could go to the wedding. Heck, when she goes to her infopass to ask for an AP, she could explain her dilemma to the IO.

Calling USCIS is getting difficult

I would suggest she made an infopass. Get applied for an AP and if she's worried about missing a letter with the interview date, call USCIS every day and ask if a letter for an reschedule has been issued. If not, no problem. If yes, they could tell her the date and then she would know.

This isn't the ideal, of course, but at least she could go to the wedding. Heck, when she goes to her infopass to ask for an AP, she could explain her dilemma to the IO.

Canuck,

Calling USCIS cust service is getting pretty difficult and frustrating as I have observed in the last few weeks. These agents are not willing to listen to you and will tell you to wait 30-60-90 days depending on their mood. I called yesterday and asked to be transferred to the officer so he/she could tell me my new interview date and this stupid agent tells me that IO cannot tell u anything about your interview date. They don't have the authority. I had to politely thank her and hang up the call coz I really lost my aptience listening to her stupid crap. I got little tied up with work & didn't get a chance to call again.

Just called Cust Service

Quick update.....Just called USCIS cust service number. Luckily I was transferred to the officer. She pulled up the application with the receipt number verified few things as usual and said what do you like to know. I had to conference my wife on the other line since she wouldn't disclose any information to me. Anyways, she said all she sees that our I-485 application is pending & we need to be pateint. She had no idea about our initial interview notice for May 13th and that cancellation interview notice that we received on Monday. Either they don't want to tell us or in all honestly they don't have access to interview notice information which is kinda hard to believe to tell u the truth.

My timeline:

Atlanta DO

Sent complete package
(approved I-130, I-485, I-864, G325 & medical report): Jan 16th, 2008
Received by USCIS: Jan 19th
FP Notice sent: Jan 29th
RFE sent by USCIS: Feb 7th
RFE received: Feb 19th
RFE sent back to USCIS: Feb 20th
FP done: Feb 22nd
RFE sent back again using certified mail: Feb 29th
RFE received by USCIS: March 3rd
Case resumed: March 5th
IL received: March 20th
Interview Date: May 13th @ 8:30am
Interview cancelled: April 7th

Open a SR

As you guys can see in my timeline, I have applied almost 2.5 months ago but haven't got anything regarding the biometric and it concerned me a lot. I called the CS couple of times but didn't get any respond from those idiots (sorry but most of them have no idea what they are talking about). So I made an infopass for today and went to my DO. I was trying to get the officer to take my fingerprint/picture so I can get it over with but he told me they can't do it before it has been scheduled for me. Since he noticed that I'm really concern he asked me to wait so he can look at my case. After 10 min. he told me that my I-765 (working permit) has been approved on March 17 (I had a soft update on that day but it still says "case pending"!!!!!
Any way, I don't know what to make out of this but it's unusual because they didn't do the biometric for me and even if the I-765 has been approved I should have got the card by now, it has been more than 20 days!!! So the officer told me he would send a note to Lee's Summit for the follow up.
I guess I can't do anything but waiting more!!!!!

Hi Rose_uw,

I've found some kind of similar cases at the September filers thread,
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?p=1812698#post1812698 omorpheus got the EAD approved before getting the biometrics. However, the card could not be issued until the FP are done, so he tried infopass and also open a "service request" via 1-800 (customer service). In that thread you can also read about "pandaexpress" & "JustIndian" who also use SR in order get scheduled for the biometrics.

I hope this helps.

Thanks

Thank you so much efmef. It seems like I'm not the only person. When I was at DO couple days ago the officer told me he would ask for the "service request" and I did get a confirmation e-mail yesterday saying that the officer did send a note asking for a biometric appointment to be scheduled. I guess I'll wait till next week and if nothing happen then I'll call them or make another infopass. Again I appreciate your help and the info.

Hi Rose_uw,

I've found some kind of similar cases at the September filers thread,
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?p=1812698#post1812698 omorpheus got the EAD approved before getting the biometrics. However, the card could not be issued until the FP are done, so he tried infopass and also open a "service request" via 1-800 (customer service). In that thread you can also read about "pandaexpress" & "JustIndian" who also use SR in order get scheduled for the biometrics.

I hope this helps.

My timeline here:

03/03/08 sent package
03/15/08 NOA All
03/31/08 got RFE
04/01/08 sent back RFE
04/03/08 case resumed
04/05/08 FP done for I-485/I-765
04/12/08 got Re-FP notice from Lees Summit, but only for I-485, not I-765.

Please I need your opinion. I applied for my parents I-130/I-485 on 01/28/08.
On 04/02/08 (Thanks God) both of my parents I-130 got approved and my Dad I-485 too. For my Mom RFE was send. It says that twice my mother fingerprints have been rejecting from FBI so they want a report from local police.
I did send that on 04/05/08 and they received it on 04/07/08 10.59 a.m. So far no update. PLEASE pray for me, I am getting scared. Are they going to approve or not? My Dad Green Card had his fingerprint what is going to happen with my mother? Please HELP

Hi, vete36,

I am the person needs 2rd FP on 04/23/08, I have some questions and need your help!
According to your post, your mom did 2rd FP, right? Where this 2rd FP notice come from? My 2rd FP notice from Lees Summit, but only for I-485, not for I-765, which 1st FP requested.

WoW Sharina sorry to hear that and can feel your pain. But hang in there, we are going to make it! =) Do not give up, this is just a small setback! If God can part the red sea, what is a I-485 to him? I had a good laugh thinking about that, LOL! Just keep smiling and moving forward to more important things in life =)