Just wondering

My timeline here:

03/03/08 sent package
03/15/08 NOA All
03/31/08 got RFE
04/01/08 sent back RFE
04/03/08 case resumed
04/05/08 FP done for I-485/I-765
04/12/08 got Re-FP notice from Lees Summit, but only for I-485, not I-765.

Just wondering howcome you are posting in Jan Filers. Your timeline says that you sent your package in March.

Hey Nothere...
I know its so annoying. But I am doing good now....there isnt much I can do about it u see.. :D So I am doing what I can...wait wait wait...:(
Did you hear from them? what about ur EAD?
Hi @ Atlanta :)

Just wondering howcome you are posting in Jan Filers. Your timeline says that you sent your package in March.

I post my timeline here cause I want to share my experience and vete36's mom has the similar situation like me need to have 2rd FP, I want to share and get some help. March filer so far don't have such experience and I saw other persons who's timeline also not belong Janfiler post here.

@ Atlanta,
My Cancellation letter is issued from my DO and not Lee's Summit like the Interview letter. What abt urs?

DO Cancel your IL because DO may not received your completed files from Lee's Summit. After DO receive it, they will arrange your IL again very soon. Usually take about 2-3 weeks. So don't worry!

DO Cancel your IL because DO may not received your completed files from Lee's Summit. After DO receive it, they will arrange your IL again very soon. Usually take about 2-3 weeks. So don't worry!

Nothing personal, I was just wondering why you had posted your time line here......you cleared it up in your earlier posting.

Hey LKBECTZ, my IL was also cancelled just like Sharina but the difference is, my cancellation letter came from Lee Summit, MO I think. That's what it says on the letter head that if you have any questions please call cust service number (same 800 line) or write to us at this Lee Summit, MO address.

My timeline:

Atlanta DO

Sent complete package
(approved I-130, I-485, I-864, G325 & medical report): Jan 16th, 2008
Received by USCIS: Jan 19th
FP Notice sent: Jan 29th
RFE sent by USCIS: Feb 7th
RFE received: Feb 19th
RFE sent back to USCIS: Feb 20th
FP done: Feb 22nd
RFE sent back again using certified mail: Feb 29th
RFE received by USCIS: March 3rd
Case resumed: March 5th
IL received: March 20th
Interview Date: May 13th @ 8:30am
Interview cancelled: April 7th

@ sharina Still nothing. I am not putting that much pressure on them right now because i will not need my EAD for an other 2-3 months. But if it does not get here in the next 2-3 weeks i am going to get more aggressive with them (i think 4 months is more then enough time) =). Glad to see your back to your usual happy self =P !!!!

Hey there

@ sharina Still nothing. I am not putting that much pressure on them right now because i will not need my EAD for an other 2-3 months. But if it does not get here in the next 2-3 weeks i am going to get more aggressive with them (i think 4 months is more then enough time) =). Glad to see your back to your usual happy self =P !!!!

Anytime I see a brand new posting from you man, I want to open it up right away thinking that you will have some good news for us.

We will all get there soon. There is this only one thing that comes in my mind. I hope I am wrong. USCIS may be focusing on pending naturalization applications and putting the AOS/ GC cases on the side for now. I really hope I am wrong. Please add comments to this to make me feel better.

Nothing personal, I was just wondering why you had posted your time line here......you cleared it up in your earlier posting.

Hey LKBECTZ, my IL was also cancelled just like Sharina but the difference is, my cancellation letter came from Lee Summit, MO I think. That's what it says on the letter head that if you have any questions please call cust service number (same 800 line) or write to us at this Lee Summit, MO address.

My timeline:

Atlanta DO

Sent complete package
(approved I-130, I-485, I-864, G325 & medical report): Jan 16th, 2008
Received by USCIS: Jan 19th
FP Notice sent: Jan 29th
RFE sent by USCIS: Feb 7th
RFE received: Feb 19th
RFE sent back to USCIS: Feb 20th
FP done: Feb 22nd
RFE sent back again using certified mail: Feb 29th
RFE received by USCIS: March 3rd
Case resumed: March 5th
IL received: March 20th
Interview Date: May 13th @ 8:30am
Interview cancelled: April 7th

Like I said that I post here because I saw vete36's mom has the same situation like me who needs to have 2rd FP, I just need to share and get some help. I also post my timeline on Feb filer because while I start to post, the March filer not start yet. I didn't clear my earlier post, you can see them on " start with feb filer"

Atlanta Brother, I think the reason they cancel IL may the same reason they cancel sharina, I saw yours original interview time is close, so one may find by DO that have not receive files yet, one is find by MSC itself. IThey may sent out yours files together and you will receive IL again very soon after they sent out your file. Usually only 2-3 weeks, don't be too worry. You will be fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
About getting another notice

LKBECTZ;

I see that in one of your previous posts you have told Sharina not to worry & her 2nd interview notice should be coming soon. Just the matter of few weeks I guess. Do you happen to know anyone who went thru the same scenario that Sharina & I are in....I mean somebody getting a cancellation interview and then getting rescheduled in 2-3 weeks time.

Thanks for your time & good luck to you too.

Hey Atlanta,
I know neither of us are happy about the cancellation of our interview dates but just knowing that the other person aso is in the same boat as us makes it seem just a little better! :D isnt it? hehehe
I dont know how freaked out I wd have been if I was in this situation alone....

Very True

Hey Atlanta,
I know neither of us are happy about the cancellation of our interview dates but just knowing that the other person aso is in the same boat as us makes it seem just a little better! :D isnt it? hehehe
I dont know how freaked out I wd have been if I was in this situation alone....

I was hoping that you would have your successful interview on May 15th, but now since you & I are in the same boat, it sounds awful to say this but it also feels good that I have a partner now. Whoever gets a fresh interview (scheduled interview) notice will tell the other person immediately and that will give one of us some hope that you or I will be getting a notice soon too.

LKBECTZ;

I see that in one of your previous posts you have told Sharina not to worry & her 2nd interview notice should be coming soon. Just the matter of few weeks I guess. Do you happen to know anyone who went thru the same scenario that Sharina & I are in....I mean somebody getting a cancellation interview and then getting rescheduled in 2-3 weeks time.

Thanks for your time & good luck to you too.

I saw this same situation happen on persons who apply for Citizen in this forum. Although you apply GC, but their cancellation letter saids the same thing like you, and they got IL again soon after completed files received. I saw someone have muti A files, if one A file DO not receive, they also will cancel first, then DO request SVC sent over, after that, a new IL will be on the way. Cases happen several, 2-3 weeks, they received new one. If you call 1-800 cust svc, try to let cust svc rep transfer your call to officer who can see your file. First line only can see the case same as yourself see online. If you lucky to get transfer, then may get more detail information.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dual A files

I saw this same situation happen on persons who apply for Citizen in this forum. Although you apply GC, but their cancellation letter saids the same thing like you, and they got IL again soon after completed files received. I saw someone have muti A files, if one A file DO not receive, they also will cancel first, then DO request SVC sent over, after that, a new IL will be on the way. Cases happen several, 2-3 weeks, they received new one.

On the other hand, I have two examples here that I like to share. It's regarding dual A files. One of my friends drove from Alabama to Atlanta for his citizenship interview back in 2006. His IO would not approve his application since there were dual A files involved. He insisted and also requested the IO that he is willing to wait there at the citizenship office to get this dual A file thing resolved. They made him wait for about 45 mins and the thing was resolved and he was approved that very same day. Besides this, another friend of mine went for his interview in Atlanta and found out that he has this same issue (dual A files). This was back in July of last year. He is still waiting to hear from USCIS. He should have filed a law suit since he was already interviewed.

Hey,
Can anyone give me the number to call USICS to talk to an IO? I called this no. 1-800-375-5283 but cldnt get the info I needed.
Thanks guys!

Calling USCIS

Hey,
Can anyone give me the number to call USICS to talk to an IO? I called this no. 1-800-375-5283 but cldnt get the info I needed.
Thanks guys!

After you call that 800 number use the following options:

1-2-6-0.

Tell the rep that you are here to find out about your interview date because you got an interview notice and somehow you don't have that notice handy & you need to know that exact date/time. Have them escalate your call to the IO. If it's concerning an apptt they are usually nice to transfer your call. This is what I experienced last week when I called them but keep in mind if the IO tells you that he/she has no idea about your interview date, don't be surprised. Good luck & let us know how it goes.

guys iknow 2 people with the same case like yours, from another forum, 1 took 25 days and the other 28 to get reschedule... and the new interview was 2 to 3 weeks after the note!