Any January filers out there?!?!

online update

hi guys,online update says RFE sent on 3/10/08 for 765.......till then case suspended,.wonder what they want???Tried to call and talk to the customer service ,they didnt have any more info....just repeated what the online status says.

hi guys,online update says RFE sent on 3/10/08 for 765.......till then case suspended,.wonder what they want???Tried to call and talk to the customer service ,they didnt have any more info....just repeated what the online status says.

Don't waste your time with the 800 number, I called about a RFE I got last week and the conevrsation went something liek this

Me: I have a question about a RFE I just recieved.
Customer Service: Please hold [after 2 mins].... I don't have more information on your case, but I can tell you that [started reading the info posted on the website]
Me: How do you know if you don't have more info on my case when you didn't even ask me for my case number.
CS: Hmmm....uhhhhh....hmmmmm [started reading the info posted on the website]
Me: {hang up}

It feels like everytime I call I have an argument until I get to talk to an officer.

Relating to your RFE

Just wanted to let you know, don't waste your time calling these ppl at cust service. All they do is mostly disappoint you.
I see that your RFE was mailed out on the 10th. You will probably have it sometime by next week. Probably mid of next week. Mine was sent out on Feb 7th and my attorney told me that he received it on the 16th. So this is how long it usually takes. Read that RFE very carefully and send them what they are looking for. The address should be Lee Summit's, MO.
Couple of imp things to keep in mind.
1) Make sure for your records you make an extra copy of that RFE letter sent by USCIS.
2) Always send them the documents using certified mail where you will have a tracking number to track the package. This way you will be assured that somebody from USCIS has signed your package & it has been delivered for sure. After they receive your package, in about a week, the uscis online system will be updated saying that they have received your RFE and your case has been resumed.
Keep us posted & good luck.

Slow day here

It was a pretty slow day here, isn't it? Canuck must be done with his interview by now. Haven't heard from him. Hopefully he must be celebrating with his family/friends. Don't blame him.

Also praying for Rose_W's FP notice to come in the mail soon.

Ok guys, later.

Our appointment was at 2pm. We parked as close as we could (downtown Sacramento parking sucks) and got to the federal building with 5 minutes to spare. HOWEVER, we could not have cell phones with cameras! They told me so on the FP notice, but no such mention on the ID notice! So my poor husband RAN back to the truck, dropped off our cells and RAN back! We went to the second floor and into the appointment room.

The lobby was filled with about 20 people. We wanted to check it, but the blinds were drawn at the check in window and we stood there trying to figure out what to do for 2 seconds when the door opened. A gentleman was letting out a couple and says to me and my husband, "Come in."

We were like, "Do we check in somewhere?" And he goes, "Nope, I'm interviewing you." So I asked if he needed my notice and he's like, "Nope, I recognize you from your pictures!" Classic!

So we walked to his office and were sworn in. He checked our photo IDs and confirmed all the major stuff that we filed. Our address, dates of birth, full names, place of birth, etc. Am I working? No. Ever arrested?

He asked us how we met and then he goes, "What have you brought to show you live together?"

I pulled out the originals for our lease agreement, joint bank account and joint health insurance. He asked if we had copies, which of course I did, he took the copies and asked if we had any pictures. I had an album with 200 pictures, and I had dated when the pictures were taken and put tabs for the years of pictures (2006, 2007, 2008). He flipped through that for a few minutes, asked me who was in one of the pictures and said, "Okay, I'm approving your application. Do you plan to work or travel?" I told him I had just received my AP and was waiting on my EAD which was in the mail, but that I wanted to work ASAP. He stamped my passport, took my AP, which was now invalid and told me when I received my EAD card to destroy it because the stamp in the passport was all I needed. He said I should receive my card in about 2 weeks!! Told me about that it was conditional and to apply to have the conditions removed 90 days before the card expires and not to forget or I'd have to do the whole process again.

One thing to note, we filed with my maiden name, because all my identification had my maiden name. When he verified the information we had provided, he asked me to sign the form. I asked if I could change my name, he said I could and told me to cross out my maiden and write my married. He said my GC would reflect my married name.

Woo hoo!! Going out for dinner tonight to celebrate! The IO was very nice, professional, he wasn't chatty and wasn't suspicious or tricky. It was a great interview!

Last edited by a moderator:
CONGRATSSSS- I haven't even read it yet- i just scrolled to the bottom and saw "we're going out for dinner" thats sound like it went well!

so happy for you! celebrate hard!!

Congratulations and Celebrations!!!:D
I am so happy for you Canuk In Cali! God bless ya!
Please keep us in your prayers now!
Hugs!

Our appointment was at 2pm. We parked as close as we could (downtown Sacramento parking sucks) and got to the federal building with 5 minutes to spare. HOWEVER, we could not have cell phones with cameras! They told me so on the FP notice, but no such mention on the ID notice! So my poor husband RAN back to the truck, dropped off our cells and RAN back! We went to the second floor and into the appointment room.

The lobby was filled with about 20 people. We wanted to check it, but the blinds were drawn at the check in window and we stood there trying to figure out what to do for 2 seconds when the door opened. A gentleman was letting out a couple and says to me and my husband, "Come in."

We were like, "Do we check in somewhere?" And he goes, "Nope, I'm interviewing you." So I asked if he needed my notice and he's like, "Nope, I recognize you from your pictures!" Classic!

So we walked to his office and were sworn in. He checked our photo IDs and confirmed all the major stuff that we filed. Our address, dates of birth, full names, place of birth, etc. Am I working? No. Ever arrested?

He asked us how we met and then he goes, "What have you brought to show you live together?"

I pulled out the originals for our lease agreement, joint bank account and joint health insurance. He asked if we had copies, which of course I did, he took the copies and asked if we had any pictures. I had an album with 200 pictures, and I had dated when the pictures were taken and put tabs for the years of pictures (2006, 2007, 2008). He flipped through that for a few minutes, asked me who was in one of the pictures and said, "Okay, I'm approving your application. Do you plan to work or travel?" I told him I had just received my AP and was waiting on my EAD which was in the mail, but that I wanted to work ASAP. He stamped my passport, took my AP, which was now invalid and told me when I received my EAD card to destroy it because the stamp in the passport was all I needed. He said I should receive my card in about 2 weeks!! Told me about that it was conditional and to apply to have the conditions removed 90 days before the card expires and not to forget or I'd have to do the whole process again.

One thing to note, we filed with my maiden name, because all my identification had my maiden name. When he verified the information we had provided, he asked me to sign the form. I asked if I could change my name, he said I could and told me to cross out my maiden and write my married. He said my GC would reflect my married name.

Woo hoo!! Going out for dinner tonight to celebrate! The IO was very nice, professional, he wasn't chatty and wasn't suspicious or tricky. It was a great interview!

congrats, as a fellow canadian i hope our process is as smooth and quick as yours. me and my wife were also wondering about her name change to take my last name. we will ask to do the same. makes everything simple.

js360, thanks. :) And I'm glad I could help with regards to her name change. Mine wasn't an issue at all. I just mentioned it when I signed the information that we confirmed. If he doesn't ask you to sign anything, just ask at the interview when it's clear you're approved. :)

I'm having sushi tonight!

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. This has been a pretty smooth process and we're very blessed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Weird, I just received another email regarding my I-765 today stating "card production ordered". I just looked at last week's email and it says "approval notice sent", which I assumed that the card was being mailed out.

My I-485 also had a soft LUD again yesterday, so that's two soft LUDs after the IL was mailed out. I wonder what that's about.

JAN08FILER, I had the same thing. I received emails saying it was approved, and then one saying the card was ordered, and then one saying it was approved again. :p It's the system, it's screwy, but it's normal.

Sharina, all my fellow filers are certainly in my prayers. I wish everyone the same experience that I had. :) I'm not done posting and supporting all of you!

Congrats Cuck

Canuck,

Big congrats to you & your hubby. Just don't forget all of us in your prayers. Very happy for you.
All the best :)

wow you guys really give me hopes that this can actually be a smooth process... good luck to all of you!!! keep posting timelines so that us Feb08 filers can gauge where stand !!! :)

Congratulation Canuck in Cali. Hope you enjoy your "new" life without concern for the whole AOS process and find a job ASAP.

for gnr5 and Atlanta brother....what was your RFE about??? did you consult a lawyer before replying??and why would they wait 21/2 months before sending RFE