Any January filers out there?!?!

EVEN I am excited for you too CanuckinCali!

Are you all set? What is your evidence- I am trying to keep everyting I might think of all in one place for when it is my time :).

Aside from our birth and marriage certificates, we have about 200 pictures, cards that were addressed to both of us for our wedding, bridal shower, birthdays, and Christmas, joint bank statements, joint health insurance and lease agreement.

What do you have?

You shouldn't be nervous- You have alot of what is required-maybe even more! So far I have only our joint lease, joint bank account, joint credit cards and the cable bill in our 2 names..........and our marriage certificate...more to come and of course we have photos. I never realised there was an "open enrollement" period for my companies health insurance so it's only got me on there until it opens again and i add him as a beneficary.

I drive a tiny 2 door my husband detests and he drives a huge SUV i can't even manouver if I had to- do you think we should still put each other on our respective insurances?

Aside from our birth and marriage certificates, we have about 200 pictures, cards that were addressed to both of us for our wedding, bridal shower, birthdays, and Christmas, joint bank statements, joint health insurance and lease agreement.

What do you have?

I have a question for you. Is your joint lease agreement notarized? My mom thinks that lease agreements should be notarized, since her lease for a business space was. However, in my past experiences, none of my landlords have had it notarized.

You shouldn't be nervous- You have alot of what is required-maybe even more! So far I have only our joint lease, joint bank account, joint credit cards and the cable bill in our 2 names..........and our marriage certificate...more to come and of course we have photos. I never realised there was an "open enrollement" period for my companies health insurance so it's only got me on there until it opens again and i add him as a beneficary.

I drive a tiny 2 door my husband detests and he drives a huge SUV i can't even manouver if I had to- do you think we should still put each other on our respective insurances?

Hi there. It sounds as though you're already on a good start. Most employers will grant a "qualifying event" to change your insurance elections. For example, when you get married or when you or your spouse loses or changes a job. This allows you to add/drop coverage as you see fit.

My wife recently changed jobs and her coverage doesn't begin until after the 47th day, so I added her to mine. However, her insurance is much better than mine so once her coverage starts, I will opt out of mine. Please look into this option.

Also, in terms of auto insurance, once you are married, there is usually a huge discount once you add your spouse to the policy. This is what occurred when my wife added my name to her policy, even though I haven't moved my car over to her policy yet, which I'm going to do next week. So merging car insurance policies should be a no brainer.

JAN08FILER, none of my information is notarized.

I haven't heard anyone on here doing that, and if after all the information we've provided, they need to check, they are welcome to.

What's interesting, is when I was added to my husband's lease, the management company had to do a name check on me. It only took 1 day and obviously no problems. :)

JAN08FILER, none of my information is notarized.

I haven't heard anyone on here doing that, and if after all the information we've provided, they need to check, they are welcome to.

What's interesting, is when I was added to my husband's lease, the management company had to do a name check on me. It only took 1 day and obviously no problems. :)

Excellent! I guess it was different for my mom's business lease.

Good luck in your interview this week!

Your RFE

Hi eveyrone,

Please check the attached document, is a RFE I just recieved. Based on the information I'm going to send in the Schedule C and E from my sponsor.

However they do mention employment letter, but since he is self employed he has no employer?

Do you think I should file just Schedule C and E, or should I send something else?

Please advise!

Thanks!!!!

At this point your best bet should be to send every possible thing you could think of. If you are self employed as you have mentioned, in that case send something that proves that you are self employed. The reason I'm asking you to send everything is because you don't want USCIS to contact you again with another RFE. Nobody has time for that. I am sure you must have a busy schedule. Last but not least, send your RFE back using USPS's certified mail where you get a tracking number & you can track online on when your envelope was delivered. It won't cost you more than $5 & it's worth it.

At this point your best bet should be to send every possible thing you could think of. If you are self employed as you have mentioned, in that case send something that proves that you are self employed. The reason I'm asking you to send everything is because you don't want USCIS to contact you again with another RFE. Nobody has time for that. I am sure you must have a busy schedule. Last but not least, send your RFE back using USPS's certified mail where you get a tracking number & you can track online on when your envelope was delivered. It won't cost you more than $5 & it's worth it.

THanks, however there is nothing more I can really send, I'm using a sponsor since I don't meet the requirement for now. I sent in my employment letters but they are asking for my sponsor's. He is self employed and cannot formulate an employment letter since he's the employer. Therefore I'm just sending the Schedule C and E (already have them in my hand).

THanks, however there is nothing more I can really send, I'm using a sponsor since I don't meet the requirement for now. I sent in my employment letters but they are asking for my sponsor's. He is self employed and cannot formulate an employment letter since he's the employer. Therefore I'm just sending the Schedule C and E (already have them in my hand).

Right now your employment letter has no meaning since you are using a co-sponsor. Have your friend type up something in his official company's letter head saying that he owns the business and makes that much amount of money on average and will be your co-sponsor. Also have him attach a business card or some kind of contact info incase USCIS wants to call him or verify some other details. It's very important so please pay close attention to what USCIS is requesting. The last thing we all want are huge delays and if you don't send them what they are looking for, I bet there will be a point where they put your file/case aside for low priority.

AP Received yesterday.

Canuck_in_Cali. All the best for tomorrow, I look forward to reading about how it went.

Canuck good luck tomorrow! Hope you bring that passport stamped.

Also, updated my signature....